Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #16  

Good day!
Grats to all of you who have lost lbs today..and good luck for those of you going for 1st WI tomorrow..

Got some Walden Farms stuff from amazon today...i know i do not like any of their salad dressings...but the caramel syrup has been kinda fun with the pudding...hoping these other two products give me a bit of a different flavour to look forward to from time to time...will keep you posted haha (i got the Peanut butter and marshmallow stuff)
Old 07-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #17  

Zombiedawn, that is what my coach told me, and what my InBody sheet says. "BMR is the number of calories your body burns at rest during every 24 hr period. BMR is independent of your daily activities. Your BMR increases as you add muscle mass and decreases when muscle is lost."
Old 07-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #18  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

Hello everyone,

It looks like everyone is having a great week! Congrats to all and welcome to newcomers.

My coach takes my measurements every time I go in. As far as pictures go, I have my best friend take my pictures after each 20 pounds lost. So tomorrow we are going to have my "photo shoot". My morning scale weighed me this am at 227! But my official WI time is around 2 in the afternoon on Thursday, so I will wait and update my ticker then.

Back to the pics. Before I started IP, I did a range of poses, face forward, face forward sitting, sideways, sideways sitting, and rear standing. Another fun one is hands on hips because then you can easily see how much closer your fingerstips are getting. Plus it feels fun and sassy. Close up head shots are fun, too. My face is dramatically thinner. I actually lost over 4 inches off my neck alone! So I must have lost 4 inches off my head, too. It sure looks like it! I need to figure out how you all put your photos in as an attachment one of these days!
Old 07-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #19  

oh i took pics to start tracking my journey..(one was taken on my 1st visit to my clinic too but i wanted my own proof of progress).

I actually found a timer app for my ipad mini camera...so i can take the photo myself and as many as i want (all my friends i would trust with this task are kinda far away).

i plan on doing this like the above posted stated every 20lbs or so

Last edited by Art3mis; 07-17-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 181.5/170/140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Okay experienced IPeeps, I have a question...
I have a nasty chest funk thing going on (complimented by a fever yesterday). As per usual, when sick, I am inappetent to say the least. I started P3 on Friday and am wondering if I need to stay on it longer as I have not really been OP since I got sick. I have been trying to slip in orange drinks to make sure I'm still getting SOMETHING in but am having the hardest time getting in my 8oz meat/2 cups veggies for lunch and dinner (breakfast hasn't been a problem until today).

I'd prefer to carry on to P4 as planned so I can enjoy some of the summer's bounty of yummy grub, but am seeking advice on how to carry through the rest of my funk without compromising my pancreas reset. Any advice?
Old 07-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 303/144.8/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello all! Just met with my GP today, and she was really impressed with how well I was doing on IP. We talked about what my target goal should be considering where I started from and my age, and I have adjusted accordingly. I had been reconsidering where I wanted to call " done" for the past week or so, so this was a good conversation.

She also took me off my blood pressure meds as well as my cholesterol meds

I am having a hard time grasping the fact that I am weeks away from my goal....after having struggled with this all my life.....even now brings tears to my eyes, albeit happy ones.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #22  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyS View Post
My toenails are a pretty red and every time I see them I am so motivated to keep going on IP!
This made me smile. Reminds us to look at the little things around us still while everything else is changing so fast.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:50 PM   #23  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakofday71 View Post

Congrats!! That is AWESOME news!!!
Old 07-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 286/148/160

Height: 5'7"

Strange Question on alternatives:

I'm trying to use up lunch food as I get ready for phase 2.. I have a packet of pasta in clear cellophane that says R901 PATES/PASTA Lot 0582 34G

I'm thinking it is a Proti thin fusilli pasta I must have gotten as a loose sample from the protein store? When I called them they said it was IP or an alternate manufacturer but its discontinued now because they only sell their own products now. - I've never seen IP food not in a silver space pack.

I want to figure out the nutrition info before I eat it.

Anyone out there on alternatives know what brand alternative pasta comes in clear cellophane pouches??

Thank you I Peeps!
Old 07-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakofday71 View Post
Hello all! Just met with my GP today, and she was really impressed with how well I was doing on IP. We talked about what my target goal should be considering where I started from and my age, and I have adjusted accordingly. I had been reconsidering where I wanted to call " done" for the past week or so, so this was a good conversation.

I am having a hard time grasping the fact that I am weeks away from my goal....after having struggled with this all my life.....even now brings tears to my eyes, albeit happy ones.
This is a GREAT share thanks and good work! Very inspiring.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Congrats to all the weight losers! lol.... sorry just hit me funny.... its a good kind of loser!!! Way good!!!!!

Okay question. so its 3rd weigh in for me today. Week 1 down 6.6lbs, WI 2 gain .4lb, today by my scale 1lb loss, I go to get weighed, tell them how disappointed I am in the scale, following the program, no cheating . We talk, no diet/food adjustments, on to scale and 4lb loss. I get home and get on my scale and no different than this morning, a 1lb loss???????? So might they be fudging the scale to keep me on the program?? I dont know what to think about the clinic now??? Anyone with similar situations?
Old 07-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #27  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post

Okay question. so its 3rd weigh in for me today. Week 1 down 6.6lbs, WI 2 gain .4lb, today by my scale 1lb loss, I go to get weighed, tell them how disappointed I am in the scale, following the program, no cheating . We talk, no diet/food adjustments, on to scale and 4lb loss. I get home and get on my scale and no different than this morning, a 1lb loss???????? So might they be fudging the scale to keep me on the program?? I dont know what to think about the clinic now??? Anyone with similar situations?
I would hope your clinic wouldn't fudge the numbers! Anyhow, what kind of a scale do they use? My clinic uses the old fashioned kind (has the needle with the numbers that spin around). I would think it would be easy for this type of scale not to zero properly. So maybe that is all that happened?

Anyway, congrats on your weight loss!
Old 07-17-2013, 05:50 PM   #28  

i doubt they are fudging the scale...its more likely water shifts, or maybe you just evacuated your bowels (you can have up to 5lbs of poop in there, gross i know)...hmm are you wearing different clothes? are you on your home scale naked? did you just void!? all of these things can make adjustments to what the scales says but a few pounds either way.

I've worn the same clothes to the clinic for WI from day one, so i know that its almost as accurate as being naked

i would say dont overly worry, obsess about the number on the scale or you will make yourself crazy and demoralize yourself....

you're going to get there...just stay strong and keep OP! (i think im using that right, im used to OP meaning "original poster", i think here it means "on program"

Last edited by Art3mis; 07-17-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:52 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brelo View Post
I would hope your clinic wouldn't fudge the numbers! Anyhow, what kind of a scale do they use? My clinic uses the old fashioned kind (has the needle with the numbers that spin around). I would think it would be easy for this type of scale not to zero properly. So maybe that is all that happened?

Anyway, congrats on your weight loss!
Thanks,
Their scale is a new age one that measures body fat, BMI, and other stuff. They do seem to zero it out and put in some numbers before I step on. But like I said its very odd to me that they say 4lb loss and I get home and on the scale and its the same 1lb as this moring???
Old 07-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3mis View Post
i doubt they are fudging the scale...its more likely water shifts, or maybe you just evacuated your bowels (you can have up to 5lbs of poop in there, gross i know)...hmm are you wearing different clothes? are you on your home scale naked? did you just void!? all of these things can make adjustments to what the scales says but a few pounds either way.

I've worn the same clothes to the clinic for WI from day one, so i know that its almost as accurate as being naked

i would say dont overly worry, obsess about the number on the scale or you will make yourself crazy and demoralize yourself....

you're going to get there...just stay strong and keep OP! (i think im using that right, im used to OP meaning "original poster", i think here it means "on program"
I wear the same type of clothes, work scrubs, and left straight from there to my home scale and its still the 1 lb not the 4 they say. I know just frustrating. When I go next week I am going to ask all about the scale numbers, and I am betting there will be no lose.
Closed Thread