Old 07-15-2013, 10:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 145/132/120

Height: 5'3"

Red face I am having a FRUIT meltdown...!!!

Ok everyone... I need ur help! So I have been on phase one since the end of April and for the past few weeks been stuck 3.6lbs from my goal weight! This has been very discouraging and my coach, which isn't very knowledgeable or encouraging by any means, just wants to phase me off. I mentally need to reach my goal, so I am going to continue on my own; however, I am seriously a FRUIT addict!!! I truly just don't understand why I can't have a handful of blueberries or strawberries instead of some veggies w the same carb count or just workout that day? Some of the IP packets r higher is carb/calorie than some low carb fruit options! I am just seriously having a fruit meltdown and I guess am looking for something more than "it's not protocol"! Can I still lose weight w a little fruit? If not, I am very concerned about phase 4 bc I love fruit and its in season right now! Also, if I don't phase off according to the sheets, why will I gain all of my weight back of I just add dairy and fruit back sooner? I'm not getting the whole thing and unfortunately my coach is not too much of a coach! Thanks guys!!!!!

Last edited by Foodlover2013; 07-15-2013 at 10:20 PM.
Foodlover2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #2  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

I am having rhubarb lots. Reminds me of fruit but its a veggie. I made the crisp with the maple oatmeal and added the WF strawberry syrup. Closest thing to fruit I've had.
Maxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 157/136.5/140

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodlover2013 View Post
Ok everyone... I need ur help! So I have been on phase one since the end of April and for the past few weeks been stuck 3.6lbs from my goal weight! This has been very discouraging and my coach, which isn't very knowledgeable or encouraging by any means, just wants to phase me off. I mentally need to reach my goal, so I am going to continue on my own; however, I am seriously a FRUIT addict!!! I truly just don't understand why I can't have a handful of blueberries or strawberries instead of some veggies w the same carb count or just workout that day? Some of the IP packets r higher is carb/calorie than some low carb fruit options! I am just seriously having a fruit meltdown and I guess am looking for something more than "it's not protocol"! Can I still lose weight w a little fruit? If not, I am very concerned about phase 4 bc I love fruit and its in season right now! Also, if I don't phase off according to the sheets, why will I gain all of my weight back of I just add dairy and fruit back sooner? I'm not getting the whole thing and unfortunately my coach is not too much of a coach! Thanks guys!!!!!

Why not begin to phase off because you will lose a little more during phase 2 and 3. I started to phase off when I still had 2 lbs left to loose. I did phase 2 for 9 days and strict phase 3 for 3 or 4 days and continued to be extremely careful for the next week. I then went into maintenance. I continued to lose and never gained the 3-5 lb glycogen gain that many spoke of. I am now 3-4 lbs under goal and maintaining but being ever watchful and mindful about what i put in my mouth. During the week I try to eat according to maintenance rules mostly and on weekends I loosen up a little. After a weekend of more carbs, i do a phase 1 type day. I totally get how you feel. I love fruit, especially summer fruit in season. If you we're careful and continued in phase 3 you would probably lose the last few pounds even if it took several weeks
ABue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Sounds like your body is telling you you totally need to phase off. Your body has adjusted to phase 1 and needs to shake things up. You will likely continue to lose in phase 12 and 3.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #5  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

I have the fruit flavored quest bars. I know they are not real fruit, but at least I get the essence & flavor. I've tried banana nut, strawberry cheesecakes & apple pie. I also ordered fruit flavored protein drinks...can't wait for them to arrive!
SuzieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 145/132/120

SuzieV- what kind of protein drinks r u buying??? I'd be interested in learning more... Thank you!
Foodlover2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #7  

Quote:
Fruit sugar is fructose, which is one of the easiest to be converted & stored as fat. Additionally, IP isn't just about carbs/fat/calories, it is also about acid/alkaline balance

If we have chosen this plan, we have chosen the rules. There are certainly other plans that allow fruit but IP P1-2 are not those plans.

For fruit flavor, IP has many packets, including pink lemonade, orange, peach mango, puddings in lemon, banana, or strawberry.

Similar packets and flavors are available in alternatives (see the alternative thread for brands)

I view all IP restrictions as temporary, knowing I'm learning to moderate and portion control, which will greatly help me in maintenance.

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-16-2013 at 12:22 PM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/182/150

Height: 5'5"

I am also a serious fruit lover. Rhubarb is a complete lifesaver for me as is my IP "lemonade" (lemon juice in water with a little artificial sweetener). The other thing I have noticed is that when I get thirsty I immediately start to crave fruits if i drink a huge glass of "lemonade" the craving goes away.
TaylorHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #9  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
SuzieV- what kind of protein drinks r u buying??? I'd be interested in learning more... Thank you!
I'm using alternatives and get packets from Nashua Nutrition. I ordered orange, pineapple and a berry flavor. I've see where they can be mixed with a vanilla RTD for a smoothie type shake.

I'm also buying fruit in season and freezing it. So it will be available when I can eat it. Good luck!
SuzieV is offline   Reply With Quote