Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 08:58 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

I would love the curry recipe please. Day 4 down, feeling better.....still hungry tho.

Good luck everyone
Old 07-24-2013, 09:12 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

Here you go Kelly:

curry sauce recipe:
cut up some chicken (you can use breast) in chunks
season with salt, pepper, garlic, onions, parsley, green onions, 1 tomato, and some curry powder (I use the chief brand from the Indian Store) you can use any brand. Season overnight if you can. Pour 2 tsp of oil in pan, cook chicken on high until the curry starts sticking to the pot (add some hot peppers if you like, I use scotch bonnet), pour enough water to cover chicken and add cut up egg plant. Let simmer for 30-40 mins until sauce thickens, about 10 before taking off stove, add some Okra.

Taste wonderfully with white rice, ofcourse I had mine with salad, still delicious.

I added Okra and eggplant for some veggies but you can simply leave that out and have it with salad. Delicious sauce. Don't forget to add some hot peppers and enough salt to taste.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:14 PM   #48  

Day 3 is almost over. Going to try a hot yoga class now. Hope I don't pass out. Had my pork chops for supper with my spinach salad so I have some energy for now. I'll have my shake when I get home.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:22 PM   #49  

I survived my hot yoga class. Came home and had my shake right away.
Wasn't light headed.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:32 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning ladies!

Down another pound!!! My TOM came 2.5 weeks late (1st time I did IP it was never impacted)...So it's finally almost gone!

The Curry chicken is so yummy!!! I use ground chicken...I don't always use a tomato...I love red peppers and the eggplant. The eggplant thickens it and the peppers taste so awesome!!! I found 1.5 cups water works for the size of my pan and stove... It took some time to get the right amount..one time to watery (but still tasty)...trial and error. It has saved me...

Loving my morning hot chocolate with instant coffee and cinnamon. & for lunch I have my spinach cocoa-mint shake...And of course dinner is my curry chicken with veggies (mostly peppers and 1/4 - 1/2 cup of eggplant). Eggplant is one of those that we're not suppose to have everyday...(I do)...

OH one last thing..Don't forget to take the cal / mag pills. I finally went to Target and picked some up. Since we're not getting calcium in our diets (and it helps with weight loss)... we need to get it in a pill!

Have great day all and keep going!!!
Old 07-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #51  

Good Morning NE. Thanks for the reminder about our pills. Last night at Yoga I was getting cramps. Not sure if it's diet related but I came home and took my pills right away. When I was doing IP full I was getting lots of cramps.

I'm pretty sore today from my yoga. The class was a bit too intense for me, even though it was only a beginner's class. I'm going to do a warm flow later today, which should be easier and more relaxing. I was dripping with sweat when I was done. I really hope it doesn't impact my weight loss this week. But I need some relief with all this pain I have in my neck/shoulders and lower back. Massages do not help me, they're only temporarily. I need a more permanent solution.

Have a great day everyone. I'm having my cuppa tea before my shake this morning. NE congrats on yet another lb. That's awesome!!
Old 07-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 169/140/130

Height: 5'3"

I'm back. It seems like I come here, say I'm starting, then mess up and don't return for a few weeks! I had left my coach because she annoyed me, but it's time to go crawling back because I obviously can't do this on my own. I hate spending all the money on the food though when there are so many cheaper alternatives! Hopefully it won't take too long to lose the weight I gained. I'll update my ticker after my weigh in today and go from there!
Old 07-25-2013, 12:26 PM   #53  

Hi Sunflower, Good for you for exercising. Must feel really good! Even if it does impact your weight it will likely be temporary...and everything will level off in the end. You're doing your body good. Great job!

Hi LoriKay, Welcome back! I began my reboot 3 or 4 times before I finally got into the groove... Definitely change your ticker...it's all about being honest and showing your true weight does just that! We're all in this together and I gotta say I won't make this huge mistake again! (I'm referring to my 30 - 40 pound increase mistake...
Old 07-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

I'm yet another one back for the journey. I've started to reboot several times, and as others have mentioned I'm good during the week but the weekends are killers. If I mow the lawn I want a nice cold one and then of course if I sit in front of the tv I need to munch. I have my sons grad to go to in mid August and a Wedding at the end of August. I really need to smarten up and lose about 15 lbs.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
I'm yet another one back for the journey. I've started to reboot several times, and as others have mentioned I'm good during the week but the weekends are killers. If I mow the lawn I want a nice cold one and then of course if I sit in front of the tv I need to munch. I have my sons grad to go to in mid August and a Wedding at the end of August. I really need to smarten up and lose about 15 lbs.
Hi, Welcome to the reboot squad! You'll lose that 15 quickly in P1! Get going!!!
Old 07-26-2013, 12:54 AM   #56  

Day 4 was the worse! I think the Hot Yoga was the worse thing I could of done yesterday. Lesson learnt. Day 5 here I come!!!
Old 07-26-2013, 09:03 AM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower40 View Post
Day 4 was the worse! I think the Hot Yoga was the worse thing I could of done yesterday. Lesson learnt. Day 5 here I come!!!
Glad lesson was learned. You know this is a super restricted diet and your body can't take it... Sounds like you're going to take it easy from here on out.

Today begins week 5 for me (TOTAL LOSS 15.6!!!) ..Doing fine...getting tired of this. At first I was only going to do 2 weeks and realized I needed to stick with it much, much longer to get even close to goal! Goal, here I come!!!

Have a great day OP day.

Last edited by New Englander; 07-26-2013 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:35 AM   #58  
Becky

Height: 5'4

Just checking in. I feel like I am getting control of my eating again. Started posting food on myfitness pal. I am keeping a close watch on my carbs.
Thank You
Old 07-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Glad lesson was learned. You know this is a super restricted diet and your body can't take it... Sounds like you're going to take it easy from here on out.

Today begins week 5 for me (TOTAL LOSS 15.6!!!) ..Doing fine...getting tired of this. At first I was only going to do 2 weeks and realized I needed to stick with it much, much longer to get even close to goal! Goal, here I come!!!

Have a great day OP day.
I know what you mean. I tire of the diet very easily but I know it's one of the few ways I can actually get to goal. Counting Calories like WW does and exercise does not help me. I've been there done that several times. With this diet atleast I see results, even though I sometimes feel unhealthy by becoming so winded so easily.

I had a good sleep last night and feel a bit better today. Glad I only paid 10 bucks to sign up for 2 weeks of Hot Yoga, not much money to lose. My body really hurt from it too, so I don't dare step on the scale for the next few days as my muscles must be retaining water. I don't mind the sore muscles because I know it will go away but I was completely exhausted the day after. And yes eating 900 calories in a day while burning over 300 doing hot Yoga puts your body in too much of a deficit.

Have a great day everyone!! the weekend is coming up so plan plan plan.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #60  

Goodmorning everyone from Colorado. Day 2 of reboot. Have been maintaining at 135 since December 2012 with a reboot for 2-3 days here and there but have been pretty good at staying within my 2-5lb over range. Since my anniversary late June my husband and I have found ourselves indulging in BBQ's, cocktails, etc. and I am now hovering at 140 which is at the high end of my comfort. I can look at a margarita and gain!

Anyways, I have decided to do a 30 day reboot and see what happens. I would love to be at 125 (but have not been since I was probably 13 LOL) and figure rather than watching the scale so intensely committing myself to 30 days would be a good start for not just only losses but a good cleansing too. If I get there awesome. If not, I can decide at that point how I feel and whether or not I want to keep going. I am coming up on my 1 year start of IP on 10/02/2013 and would like to be at my best yet.

It's so nice to see all the familiar faces and as always, I am so grateful to share this journey with all of you.

BTW, I am due for TOM any day now. Between that and the reboot I am going to have a rough couple of days starting out. Happy Friday!
Closed Thread