Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 11:16 AM   #16  

Default First day on IP!!

Hi All, Its my first day on IP.I have about 20+lbs to lose.I am 5'6+ 171lbs: feeling good so far....any tips for me on the first day?
Old 07-09-2013, 11:16 AM   #17  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Talking Thank you A1Texan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
For those of us on Alternatives - Nashua Nutrition is offering a 10% discount this week for all of their ProtiDiet products. Code = "PD10" And if you are a Life Member you get the extra 10%. Nice savings if you need to replenish your cabinets

For those that are interested my order consisted of:
Protein Crisps - Chipotle
Protein Crisps - Chili & Lime
Honey Nut High Protein Soy Cereal (used with unsweetened Almond Milk Vanilla)
Jug of Instant Oatmeal Mix - Maple Brown Sugar (Used for my toppings of Rhubarb Crisp)
I drug my feet yesterday and didn't place an order. For once procrastination paid off!
Old 07-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #18  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecmcnamee View Post
Hope everyone is doing well!! I've hit a mental block with this diet and haven't been 100% good the past couple of weeks. Have not gained any weight .. have stayed the same. Woke up this morning and decided to stop this attitude because this works and I want it. Feels good to feel renewed.
Congrats on your renewed commitment. I have experienced some of those same feelings along this journey, despite losses. It's tough but rewarding and doing ourselves alot of good. So CONGRATS!

Today is my WI and I will see what has or has not happened during my camping trip. Regardless, I feel good. Did a little shopping/cleaning out in my dresser last night and intend on doing a bit more tonight or tomorrow.

Onwards and upwards, all!
Actually, perhaps "downwards" is more appropriate. :-)
Old 07-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #19  

Default Energy level

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Mnmomx2
Have you ever had a thyroid panel done? Low thyroid can be a source of decreased energy.

Thanks for the suggestion, Lisa. Yes, my thyroid was fine in April before beginning IP. Could the diet change that? Not sure what affects the thyroid!
Old 07-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmomX2 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, Lisa. Yes, my thyroid was fine in April before beginning IP. Could the diet change that? Not sure what affects the thyroid!
It changed mine.
Very low carb diets are notoriously hard on thyroid.
Be sure to be monitored by a doc who tests (and understands) the complete thyroid panel, not just TSH.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #21  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Sometimes I just don't connect dots when the dots are within myself.

So last few months my hands start to get cold at work, not every day but likely three days a week. My first reaction wasn't to think what is wrong, since I haven't been sickly but rather I bought a pair of gloves without the finger tips. (I have to feel the keyboard while I type, lol) Yesterday though I had a someone comment "Poor dear you work with carpal tunnel" And when I laughed and said no it's because my hands get cold, she suggested I have my thyroid checked. I know many of you have experience with thyroid problems so I was wondering if you could comment on if this is something I should have checked out. Other than my hands getting cold (and the gloves do work fine at warming me back up) I have lots of energy and feel fine. Thanks guys and girls.

On the up side finally had a little woosh and overnight the scale went down 1.4 pounds! <3 I was SO hungry last night that I put the chicken breast aside and had a well marbled steak on the grill.

Anyways I hope everyone has a great OP day and Texan thanks for your shopping list, I knew of the sale and had started putting together an order I will place today. I can't get frozen rhubarb but I think I am going to muster my courage and figure out how to prepare the fresh.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #22  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmomX2 View Post
Good morning everyone!

One thing I keep reading is the increase in energy people are enjoying in ketosis and with the loss of extra weight. Unfortunately, that is not happening for me and I am discouraged with my lethargy!
I am wondering what your activity levels are? I felt very similar to how you are feeling for the first 2 months on IP, but I have a very active job and every time I have been on a diet, on work days specifically I would have to increase my calories. IP hit me especially hard when it came to energy levels while on the job. I had to have an extra packet, plus extra eggs every day, (My start weight was also fairly high, though) and I STILL felt crummy! I just powered through it and eventually I felt better! Probably a combo of fully adjusting to the diet combined with lesser poundage.

I am in no way saying that if your power through, it will get better, because you may just want to check with your doctor to be on the safe side, but just wanted to let you know that I too early on wondered "where are those wonderful energy levels I keep reading about?!"

Hope you find your answer!
Old 07-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 229.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I made an appointment with my doctor here in town for this Friday. Going to talk about being on the IP diet, but what other tests do you suggest? My younger sister has hypo-thyroid, is this something that runs in families?

I'm tired all the time, I was waiting for this whoosh of energy to hit, but it never does. I do have Charcot-Marie-Tooth (CMT) and they do list in their symptoms fatigue, so it may be that. I live in a city where doctors come and go regularly so I'm always getting a new doctor, I haven't had any kind of checking done on my CMT since I was 12, though it's a progressive disease, I pretty much know where it will end up.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #24  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allure Girl View Post
Hi All, Its my first day on IP.I have about 20+lbs to lose.I am 5'6+ 171lbs: feeling good so far....any tips for me on the first day?
Welcome to 3FC/IP!!

Just know that the first few days are the hardest, but once you get through those, the sailing gets smoother. (I love to tell people who ask me about the diet that IP is as autopilot as it gets) It'll all be worth it! Good luck, and let us know how it is going!
Old 07-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #25  

Hi again. WI #8 just done. "Only" 0.8# loss today - my least yet. Attributable likely to the reduced water consumption while camping and increased restricted packets (still, only one a day, but I generally don't "indulge" in them). The scale measures a mild increase in lean muscle mass and total fat loss of 1.8#. I will take it but, man, I am going to be on fire this week.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #26  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Hi again. WI #8 just done. "Only" 0.8# loss today - my least yet. Attributable likely to the reduced water consumption while camping and increased restricted packets (still, only one a day, but I generally don't "indulge" in them). The scale measures a mild increase in lean muscle mass and total fat loss of 1.8#. I will take it but, man, I am going to be on fire this week.
Those low/no loss weeks build character.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:44 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5'3"

Sarita- I know -.8 can be discouraging, but loss is better than gain! Congrats on still having a loss after going away
Old 07-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #28  

Height: 6'

Sarita,

Yes, a loss is better than the alternative. think about all of the stress you endured with the skunks stealing your packets! I still crack up when I envision that image. Next week you will kick some butt.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Those low/no loss weeks build character.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodi73 View Post
Sarita- I know -.8 can be discouraging, but loss is better than gain! Congrats on still having a loss after going away
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallgirl231 View Post
Sarita, Yes, a loss is better than the alternative. think about all of the stress you endured with the skunks stealing your packets! I still crack up when I envision that image. Next week you will kick some butt.
Thanks all! You rock. And yes, those damn skunks. They better eat those packets, hit ketosis and have a rockin' body next time I see them. (jerks)
Old 07-09-2013, 04:47 PM   #30  
Started IP 5/25/13

S/C/G: 196.5/152/145

Height: 5ft 6 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Thanks all! You rock. And yes, those damn skunks. They better eat those packets, hit ketosis and have a rockin' body next time I see them. (jerks)
That made me LOL! Thanks, I needed a laugh!
Closed Thread