IP Daily Chat Tuesday 7/9/2013

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Quote: That made me LOL! Thanks, I needed a laugh!
    My pleasure!
  • Quote: Sometimes I just don't connect dots when the dots are within myself.

So last few months my hands start to get cold at work, not every day but likely three days a week. My first reaction wasn't to think what is wrong, since I haven't been sickly but rather I bought a pair of gloves without the finger tips. (I have to feel the keyboard while I type, lol) Yesterday though I had a someone comment "Poor dear you work with carpal tunnel" And when I laughed and said no it's because my hands get cold, she suggested I have my thyroid checked. I know many of you have experience with thyroid problems so I was wondering if you could comment on if this is something I should have checked out. Other than my hands getting cold (and the gloves do work fine at warming me back up) I have lots of energy and feel fine. Thanks guys and girls. .
    Read my post right before yours. My hypothyroid symptoms started in late Oct or Nov. Dx in Dec.
  • Hi everyone! I hope you are having a good day. I had my WI today and am getting pretty discouraged. I am completely OP, but no loss this week. (at least no gain though either). Last week was a 1 pound loss, up until that point it was usually between 4-5 pounds a week. My coach tells me it can be hormones or my body fighting back, but I still feel like two weeks with that little of a loss is discouraging.

On a good note though, I did talk to her about measuring and we decided that more frequent measuring would be better. She measured me today and I am down 12 inches (from the start, not just this week).
  • Quote: Hi again. WI #8 just done. "Only" 0.8# loss today - my least yet. Attributable likely to the reduced water consumption while camping and increased restricted packets (still, only one a day, but I generally don't "indulge" in them). The scale measures a mild increase in lean muscle mass and total fat loss of 1.8#. I will take it but, man, I am going to be on fire this week.
    "Only" LOL The infamous four letter word on here!

And even if you see no loss or a slight increase there's a huge chance your body is still shrinking... That always kept and keeps me sane!
  • Quote: Hi everyone! I hope you are having a good day. I had my WI today and am getting pretty discouraged. I am completely OP, but no loss this week. (at least no gain though either). Last week was a 1 pound loss, up until that point it was usually between 4-5 pounds a week. My coach tells me it can be hormones or my body fighting back, but I still feel like two weeks with that little of a loss is discouraging.

On a good note though, I did talk to her about measuring and we decided that more frequent measuring would be better. She measured me today and I am down 12 inches (from the start, not just this week).
    Did your coach tell you there is often a slowdown or slight gain that they expect to see? It is typically week 4 or 5.
  • Just piping up: I made the zucchini noodles last night for the first time with some leftover steak in a stirfry. So good! What a wonderful tip. I'm out of zucchini, but I'm going to try it with cucumber tonight and see if it is equally wonderful.

65x65 - I just saw your reply in yesterday's daily thread, but it's closed now. Food allergies can be a huge pain. Kudos to you for dealing with them all these years and thanks for the tip about Sesame Street Place! My kids are dying to go there and now I know I can let them eat the food. Busch Gardens in Tampa also has an allergy-free zone where they do special handling for allergy kids' food.
  • Quote: Hi everyone! I hope you are having a good day. I had my WI today and am getting pretty discouraged. I am completely OP, but no loss this week. (at least no gain though either). Last week was a 1 pound loss, up until that point it was usually between 4-5 pounds a week. My coach tells me it can be hormones or my body fighting back, but I still feel like two weeks with that little of a loss is discouraging.

It's so hard when there's no loss (or an increase)! You do all this work and then...bam...a disappointment on the scale! I recently had a gain (after losing on my reboot) and was reminded that my measurements are probably going down. Then I remembered when on my initial journey on P1 I would lose inches even if I didn't have a loss! Keep going and keep your head up!!! You got this. WOO HOO!!!
  • WI number 13 - down 1.4lbs! Deviated from IP for the 1st time on July 4th, was extra careful the rest of the week to make up for it. Skipped restricteds for 3 days. I'm back OP and going strong on week 14.
  • I got an appointment with the doctor to get my thyroid panel checked out. I'm week 4 and my energy level is just going down I am so happy with my weight loss but I would really like to add some exercise without feeling like passing out!
  • Quote: Mnmomx2
    Have you ever had a thyroid panel done? Low thyroid can be a source of decreased energy.
    Quote: Read my post right before yours. My hypothyroid symptoms started in late Oct or Nov. Dx in Dec.
    okay I reread your post, I have plenty of energy. So I just won't worry unless there is some other symptom.
  • Quote: okay I reread your post, I have plenty of energy. So I just won't worry unless there is some other symptom.
    It was more the comments about how hard on the thyroid VLC diets can be and having a doc that really understands thyroid.

My first symptom was being so cold all the time.
  • Quote: Sometimes I just don't connect dots when the dots are within myself.

So last few months my hands start to get cold at work, not every day but likely three days a week. My first reaction wasn't to think what is wrong, since I haven't been sickly but rather I bought a pair of gloves without the finger tips. (I have to feel the keyboard while I type, lol) Yesterday though I had a someone comment "Poor dear you work with carpal tunnel" And when I laughed and said no it's because my hands get cold, she suggested I have my thyroid checked. I know many of you have experience with thyroid problems so I was wondering if you could comment on if this is something I should have checked out. Other than my hands getting cold (and the gloves do work fine at warming me back up) I have lots of energy and feel fine. Thanks guys and girls.

On the up side finally had a little woosh and overnight the scale went down 1.4 pounds! <3 I was SO hungry last night that I put the chicken breast aside and had a well marbled steak on the grill.

Anyways I hope everyone has a great OP day and Texan thanks for your shopping list, I knew of the sale and had started putting together an order I will place today. I can't get frozen rhubarb but I think I am going to muster my courage and figure out how to prepare the fresh.
    I can't comment on your thyroid and cold hands, but I did want to say thanks for the encouragement you gave me on yesterday's daily chat. It was much appreciated! I just read it and then figured out that I can't reply to a daily chat the day after...lol

And congrats on your weight loss!
    Scarlett
  • I am super excited. I just received my food spiral slicer. Tomorrow will be zucchini, cucumber, everything noodles. Plus I had a loss of 2.2 lbs for the WI post Independence day vacation. My average is still 3 lbs/week. Not too shabby.

Also, I am no longer obese, I am now overfat. I never thought I'd be so excited to be overweight/overfat.
    I've always been cold. Had my thyroid checked out and it is fine. Hopefully you'll check with your DR to verify everything's okay.
    I'm impressed that some limit their restricted items to few or none a week. I look forward to my daily treat. It helps keep me motivated, satiated and keep cravings at bay.
  • Quote: I can't comment on your thyroid and cold hands, but I did want to say thanks for the encouragement you gave me on yesterday's daily chat. It was much appreciated! I just read it and then figured out that I can't reply to a daily chat the day after...lol

And congrats on your weight loss!
    Scarlett
    I am glad it helped, and thanks it was certainly nice to see this morning