Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Default Maintainers Vol 12

Hey Hey Everyone,

I'm here, I'm here! I go away for 10-12 days and no one decides to start a new thread...seriously I was checking in to 'read' every once in a while hoping SOMEONE would just do it...LOL

I had a FABULOUS wedding...I will share pictures when I get my hands on one of the pictures that isn't fuzzy and has our eyes open, I promise (VIP said I could post one of him too so I'll wait till I find a 'gooder' - which I think considering my standards are "not fuzzy and both eyes open" - shouldn't be hard but you'd be surprised). My sisters were my maids of honour and then my mom gave me away so there wasn't too many 'pictures' taken by family as I had hired a photographer for the whole day so that we could all rely on him to document the day and we'd not have to worry about it. I asked him for 'one' about a week ago...trying not to pressure him to much HAHA!

I got everything I wanted.....and now I have a husband! WOW, just typing that sounds funny and yet thrilling to me. I randomly said "my husband" today...it kinda made the butterflies flutter in my tummy. I have a husband AND a step son...whoa! I feel so 'responsible' now HA! (I also sound a little too mushy now that I've read what I typed but I'll leave it so you can all roll your eyes at me)

We didn't get married until 6 pm and had wine and dessert for a reception and then a dance. I didn't stop, all I wanted to do was dance dance dance. We had a photo booth with Princess Leia and Boba Fett in it and my cake topper was bobble heads of me and VIP (I was Leia and he was Fett).

We went off to BC for our honeymoon to a little cabin b&b in the Kootenay Rockies region. We did NOTHING for two full days. There was a little kitchenette so we could pay attention to our eating...but really I fully enjoyed the champagne (we had chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us the first night)...AND right before our wedding we finally found the cider that I fell in love with in Scotland...at a speciality store close to home (so I had some of that during my honeymoon too) We went for a hike, naps...movies...45 km full day white water raft...off to Fort Steele heritage town. I was very sad when it was over and my mom said "don't be sad, plan another trip like that!" - to which I realized I get to do it MORE THEN once if I plan it right!

My mom gave us an oversize king size quilt complete with pillow shams, throw pillows and bed skirt (the label handstitched into it is of my wedding invitation). She finally figured out how to get me to make my bed EVERYDAY!

...I started my wedding day at 162.2...and today I was 165.8. I've had some quasi Phase 1 days...to which it wasn't perfect but it was clean enough to bring me down to where tomorrow I'll be eating my normal way of eating (3 days of 'quasi clean' - which means no sugar but I was lax on the fat intake and allowed more of it then would be considered for a Phase 1 day). June was also my first month to not track and trust in my decisions...considering it was my wedding month I think I did pretty well so I'll consider this an NSV.

I did keep up with everyone, I'm sorry that it's a 'me' post. I promise to be better later on this week!

Later skaters!

Last edited by Ishbel; 07-08-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:18 PM   #2  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Ishbel, you deserve a "me-post," for sure!!!

The wedding sounds great! So glad it all went well, Married Lady!

Sounds like you did just fine with food and weight, too. Hey, you know how to work this so those few pounds will go away pretty quickly!

Thanks for starting the new thread. I'm on a trip, myself and saw it, thought about it, but didn't do it.

Post pics whenever you can!
Old 07-09-2013, 07:11 AM   #3  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

I'm glad you had such a great wedding and your honeymoon sounds perfect! I can't wait to see pictures.

So we had a HUGE storm yesterday.....no power in 80% of the city I live in. It was CRAZY. Flooding everywhere.....I was never so thankful to pull into my driveway. My hubby and I BBQ'd, played cards and honestly had a lovely evening. Although I got to say I was so relieved to see the power back on this morning.....it's way too humid for no a/c
Old 07-09-2013, 08:13 AM   #4  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Hope you get power soon! No AC is awful in the humidity and heat.

Ishbel: Your wedding sounds perfect! We would love to see the pictures! Good NSV during the celebration. It is quite exciting to be a married lady!

Joysh: Hope you are enjoying your travel. I am heading off for a trip in two days.

Hope everyone is doing well. I am trying to help my son find an apt in Chicago..not easy
Old 07-09-2013, 08:55 AM   #5  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Ishbel congrats on your wedding. It sounds like it was a lot of fun and your honeymoon sounded perfect.

Cheekyskeeter glad you are ok. I read a headline this morning that it was about 1 months worth of rain in 4 hours there. I can imagine that would be devastating. We had a little over 6 inches of rain about 2 weeks ago and I ended up getting my car flooded about 8 houses down the street from mine.

Maile aparments can be tough in the city. I live in the northwest suburbs of Chicago, but one of my cousins was apartment hunting in the city in the spring. She said the apartments went really fast, but she did eventually find one.

One year ago today I started IP, and I'm so happy I took that leap. I really wasn't sure how long I could stick with it, but I hoped I could. I never really thought I could stick with phase 1 for nearly 11 months. It feels good to look back at what I've accomplished.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:14 AM   #6  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

That's awesome Ragdoll. Look how far you've come in a year!!!! You must be so proud of yourself.

I too am so happy I took the leap....I found IP just by chance when I was online looking up another plan (can't even remember which plan) and while reading reviews on it someone mentioned IP. I've never been so happy in my adult life. I have a wonderful supportive husband who loves me no matter what size I am but he shows his appreciation every day for how I look now. Makes me feel special all the time.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #7  
Started IP 3/26/12

Ishbel Welcome back!! Glad everything went smoothly for the wedding... and your honeymoon sounds just lovely. I can easily picture your cabin idyll in the Kootenays - I have a sister and BiL who live in a cabiny-type house in the mountains outside of Golden, B.C. I lived in Vancouver for several years, and travelled through the Kootenays often. It's beautiful there.

Looking forward to a picture! And btw - your wedding and honeymoon definitely deserve a 'me-me' post. Wife and stepmother - wow!
Old 07-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #8  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Congrats, Ishbel - I am so happy for you!!!

Have not posted in a while - everything is fine - just busy - but had to come out of hiding for that!
Old 07-09-2013, 09:14 PM   #9  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

ishbel congrats!!! Your wedding and honeymoon sound absolutely amazing!!!!

Been feeling pretty tired and really cranky and bloated this week. Still trying to find the right balance of food now that I am getting symptoms of morning sickness.... haven't actually been sick yet but eating crackers / carbs are the only things that settle my belly. Hopefully I will find a good medium soon. I feel very carb heavy.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Hi sara, I don't envy you the first 3 months, for some reason all you want is carbs. But it is for an excellent cause.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:28 AM   #11  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Sara those first few months with both my pregnancies I felt like a zombie. Get plenty of rest and stick with mild foods. You'll feel better once you get into the second trimester. It's like someone flips a switch one day and you wake up feeling really good. Come to think of it, it's a little like getting past those first 3 days on IP, but with a pregnancy it's the first 12 weeks.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:04 PM   #12  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Ishbel!!
Congrats!! And best wishes!
Sounds like it was an amazing time!!

D
Old 07-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #13  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Thanks ragdoll and patn for the advice! This is also the busiest time of the year for me at work! I do marine science and this is the season for all water testing. Super early mornings are ahead. Need to be up at 3:30am tomorrow! Yikes!!
I packed a nice lunch. But again lots of carbs! It's all I want....

Anyway-Hope everyone had great days!
Old 07-10-2013, 08:03 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Ishbel,
Congrats, congrats & more congrats. I remember you started IP, not long after me. ( July 11) I lost but gained it back and can't seem to stay focused. I am soooooo very happy for you. I remember evepet too.

Ragdoll you are doing awesome
Old 07-11-2013, 06:41 AM   #15  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Bellamack: i hope you feel better. This weight journey is not an easy one. I have struggled with it all of my life.

Ragdoll: I have made the plane reservations..My two sons are heading off in two weeks to search. At least it will be in Evanston and not downtown. Your year long effort on Ip is very inspirational.

Sarabean: Take care of yourself. That naseau can be difficult in those first 3 months. You sound busy!

Patns: It is an excellent cause and may be the time that carbs are needed!!

I am off for a trip to DC and hoping it will not be too hot.
Closed Thread