Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Maile She believes in daily weighing and in reversing the small gains immediately. LOVE that! Once again, thanks for sharing!

lizzy Way to go on getting to your range without doing much...sounds like you've nailed maintenance girl! Totally get the lose a few before vacation. I used to look at people strangely when they lost 5-10 lbs before they went on a two week trip to Mexico. SO so get it now! lol

joysh It's attacking the lbs now and not waiting that seems to be key for me. As much as I don't want to do what I have to do I have a quote "you don't have to like it, you just have to do it" In fact, it's on the white board in the kitchen.

A1Texan Welcome to maintenance! Congrats!

Liz Girl, I was totally thinking about you and wondering how you were doing. So glad you checked in! Almost done!!!

Sansfilter Always take encouragement from you coach, I was horrible for that. We're always harder on ourselves then we are on other people. So yes, keeping your weight in a consistent area is GREAT! So yes, you're doing GREAT

M35A2 LOL about your fish and chips...good NSV! Be sure to really savor your fish and chips in Ireland. Take time with your first feed off of it and see if it tastes the same and if you like it as much. I'm not interested in pizza anymore but boy did I think about it before I ate it. You might be surprised.

workingit50 Happy Birthday (sorry it's late!)

+++++++++++++++

So VIP is off to Ottawa for a father son bonding trip. I missed him as soon as he walked out the door. lol I'm staying home this long weekend and just puttering and being by myself. I feel like June and July were a whirl wind of activity for me and at some points of the month I would say "I want to crawl under a rock". SO, although I'm a little worried I'll be lonely with everyone else having family time on trips or at the lake I think it will be a good thing and a good 're-set'. Kinda looking forward to it.

I have been running again and this time not being so competitive with myself and just enjoying the running and how it makes me feel. I'm doing well with that and just signed up for a 5K. Which I know I can do...I almost signed up for the 10K but then I'd like my competitive gal in me out. That's what got me into trouble in the first place "go faster, go longer, go harder". Now I just 'run' and repeat "it's ok, you can just run you are not racing anyway" Looking forward to the race (which I wish was called a run lol) as I'm doing it with the VIP

I found a little 'picture' about exercise that made me laugh this morning so I thought I'd share it with you.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg funeral for fat.jpg (16.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 08-01-2013, 10:28 AM   #92  

Height: 5' 7"

I'm having pizza today for the first time in 7 months. My mouth is watering just thinking about the garlic and Italian sausage..>LOL
Old 08-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #93  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
I'm having pizza today for the first time in 7 months. My mouth is watering just thinking about the garlic and Italian sausage..>LOL
We did that on our 1st Fun Day but limited it to ham and veggies on a thin crust. After really wanting one for 6 months I really didn't enjoy it like I thought I would. I think I'll wait another 6 months before I try ice cream again in case I don't have the same results.

Last edited by M35A2; 08-01-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #94  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Maile, you must be a teacher, too. I really enjoy your long, supportive posts. Thanks for being here and being such an inspiration!

My good news is that this morning I was back down to 119, which is very, very acceptable to me! I'll stay on my strict P3 for 2 more days to get it down another pound, but now all the clothes fit well again. I did not like that little journey, but now that I did it, I know I can do it and it's not that hard or terrible. It took just 4 days to get me back down. I guess what comes on really fast doesn't have a chance to stick too hard. Sigh of relief for me, since I leave tomorrow for Florida.

Thanks for the encouragement Ishbel!

A1Texan, on my second day of maintenance a student made me a homemade pizza. I told him not to bring me the whole thing, so he brought me 2 wonderful slices that I took home and heated so the cheese would be melty. Pizza has always been one of my favorite foods. I really enjoyed those pieces, but have only had it once again since then on the streets of NY when I was late for a show and needed to eat something quickly. I bought a slice with broccoli and chicken on it. (To this New Yorker, that's not REALLY pizza, but it was delicious.) Now Italian sausage, that's another story. Sounds yummy.

Anyway, enjoy it! You earned it!

M35, I agree. The "taste" of being thinner is really nicer than the momentary tastiness, but those treats are good to have once in a while. Have a great time in Ireland, BTW!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 08-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #95  

WOW - The Pizza was delish. I only had one piece (thin crust) and not much cheese. It's not something that I have or had very often but it did taste good. Time will tell if the extra oil from the sausage will play tunes with my stomach later today
Old 08-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #96  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Congrats and welcome to maintenance!!!!

I too haven't had pizza in 7 months, still waiting for the right
moment and place, LOL!!
Enjoy!!

D
Old 08-02-2013, 08:34 AM   #97  

I made it through P3 with a 2 pound loss. I celebrated last night with a Vodka Martini - only one tho
Old 08-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sVlJ...ted&nomobile=1

Thought I'd share another Dr. Lustig presentation from March 2013.

I'd have not cared 4 years ago...now I found it and set it up to listen to as I puttered around the house. Good stuff! Love this guy, want to meet him!

NOTE: A1Texan - you look GREAT - awesome comparison!! WELL DONE!

Last edited by Ishbel; 08-02-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #99  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sVlJ...ted&nomobile=1

Thought I'd share another Dr. Lustig presentation from March 2013.

I'd have not cared 4 years ago...now I found it and set it up to listen to as I puttered around the house. Good stuff! Love this guy, want to meet him!

NOTE: A1Texan - you look GREAT - awesome comparison!! WELL DONE!
Thx for posting that Ishbel... as always with Dr. Lustig, interesting stuff. I just bought and downloaded the e-reader version of his book 'Fat Chance' and am looking forward to reading it this weekend.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 286/148/160

Height: 5'7"

I have a phase 3 question for you all - couldn't decide where to ask it and figured you've all one phase 3 so this probably the best place.

can I have a restricted as my IP evening snack now that I am eating all those carbs for breakfast. What I'd like to continue eating before bed are my baked quest bars: they aren't really restricted because they have less than 8 net carbs but discussion on another thread aid to count them as restricted due to calories.

Any opinions??

I was all set for phase 3 all my shopping done for those things I'll now be able to eat and the weeks groceries, and a stock up at COSTCO for my family and my son left the fridge open overnight. EVERYTHING went into the trash just to be safe - the temp on the top shelf was 70 by morning and food poisoning is no fun.

This has added a new bit of stress to phase 3 for me because now I'm not prepared at all. I may just have to delay phase 3 a day or so to get back to the store. I've got to let this go : but I'm having a really hard time wrapping my mind around all the $$$$ wasted that I will have to spend again tomorrow.
Thanks for listening.

A1- you look fantastic - love the comparison photos- I bet a vodka martini would make me feel better right about now But I have learned to deal with feeling w/o comfort food or booze these last 9 months : if this didn't send me over the edge I think I've got control over this food thing - for now at least.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:40 AM   #101  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Well the only person I recognize is Ishbel. I hope everyone is well. In about 4 weeks I will hit my 4 year anniversary of this journey (of which over 3 of those years have been in maintenance).

Starting phase 1 for a long reboot...first time I have fallen this far from goal (20 pounds). But still down 60.

Been a really fun summer.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:04 AM   #102  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

'Morning everyone! I'm just getting ready to join a friend for a 1 hr walk in our nearby park... it's part of the TransCanada Trail system, and we're fortunate to have such a scenic trail to walk on... not to mention 'wilder' paths to meander on if we're feeling adventurous.

I've been finding it hard to stick 100% with my reboot efforts for the last few weeks and had almost decided to wait until the end of summer... then I got in the right mindset again this past Friday... Friday and Saturday were pretty much 100% OP. I say 'pretty much' because Friday I was higher on calories than technically allowed, but it was due to an extra snack of protein ... otherwise both days have been solid P1. I was up several times last night peeing - always a sure sign with me that things are clicking in. LOL. So with two solid days under my belt, I'm feeling strong again and determined to stick with it until I shed this 8lbs and get back to my goal.

Nothing much else to report. Like most of my fellow Canadians I'm enjoying a long holiday weekend. Hope everyone has a great one.

PS - I'm loving the Lustig book 'Fat Chance'. I was aware at least to a certain degree of most of what he's talking about but find it a great reinforcement to stick sugar-free and low carb. I'm sure it's helped me stay OP these past two days.

Last edited by evepet; 08-04-2013 at 08:14 AM.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:13 AM   #103  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Evepet: I am glad you feel back on track. I think I am going to get that book. It does help you to stay focused to read about weight and healthy eating.

Darbs7: congrats on your 4 year anniversary and 3 years of maintenance. Keeping 60 pounds off is a success. I hope your long reboot goes well. Yes, it has been a good summer and I am sorry to see it ending.

Onmyway: That is too bad about the fridg door and losing that food! We do the same thing..do major food buying on one Costco trip. I would try your snack in P3 and see what happens. 8 carbs is not that bad. Someone here may know p3 better.

Ishbel: Thanks for that great presentation. I am going to order Fat Chance. I find that when I am alone without family, I can get lots of things done!

A1texan: great job on losing during Phase 3. You deserve that martini...glad you enjoyed the pizza.

Dregan: I have not had a normal pizza in many months either..I eat a low carb one..I am planning on having a normal one when I drive to Chicago.

Joysh: when do you start school again? I begin training next Monday. I bet you are happier in your range and fitting your clothes.

M35: I am staying away from ice cream also...for now. Your baby is adorable.

Lizzyrr: I think you must be close. I hope you are feeling OK.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #104  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post

M35: I am staying away from ice cream also...for now. Your baby is adorable.
Grand Niece actually, but thank you.

Last edited by M35A2; 08-04-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:18 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Maile, this is when I am so happy that we go right till the last day of June with school! We don't go back until August 26th.
Closed Thread