Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 05:02 PM   #151  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

I see some familiar faces still kicking around. Well another 2 weeks and I will be at my 3 year anniversary of living life the IP way. I have fallen the furthest from goal ever this summer. I lived like there was no tomorrow with food and beverage. With that said I am still down 50 of the 75. I will not weigh in again until September 30th, but I am back on plan and went to the clinic today to pick up a few boxes.

Hoping I can join back up....I need the support.

Last edited by darbs7; 08-20-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I see some familiar faces still kicking around. Well another 2 weeks and I will be at my 3 year anniversary of living life the IP way. I have fallen the furthest from goal ever this summer. I lived like there was no tomorrow with food and beverage. With that said I am still down 50 of the 75. I will not weigh in again until September 30th, but I am back on plan and went to the clinic today to pick up a few boxes.

Hoping I can join back up....I need the support.
Hi darbs,

I fell hard myself & regained and then some, back at it again. It is a lifetime battle. Welcome, nice to hear from a fellow IPer from a few years back. You nipped it before you will again, Good for you

Last edited by Bellamack; 08-23-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:11 PM   #153  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Hi darbs,

I fell hard myself & regained and then some, back at it again. It is a lifetime battle. Welcome, nice to hear from a fellow IPer from a few years back. You nipped it before you gained it all back, Good for you
Hello...good to see someone around from 2010. I still feel great being down 50 pounds....but this is the first time I have deviated over 15 pounds about goal. My plan is to make it to a week or so before Thanksgiving and then ease off for Thanksgiving and then do a phase 3 type diet until Christmas and then off for two weeks at Christmas and then reassess.

Hoping to lose the 25 plus another 10-15. So close to 40 pounds.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

maile Thanks for the kind words. Your calculations on your maintenance caused me to think about mine. 17 August was 1 year and 3 months in 'maintenance' but I have been in the same range for 1 year and 5 months. I cannot say that I didn't binge eat on my fun day at the beginning but I haven't been binge eating for a long time now. Then it occurred to me that I haven't tracked my food intake and have been going by choices and the # on the scale for just over 3 months. THAT made me feel MUCH better. I was frustrated last week that I was focusing on a number that had nothing to do with 'goal' lol. I guess it's like grief, it comes in waves...the panic. The waves are lesser now and not tital waves but they still come once in a while. "It's a process not an event".

Darbs Welcome back! Having a plan always makes me feel better. I know you'll be great.

lizzy/evepet I'm researching the ice cream maker more then ever now. BUT! The summer is almost over, not sure I want ice cream in the winter. Decisions decisions! (I'll probably go out and buy it so I have another protein choice for a night snack, having frozen yogurt instead of yogurt with berries would be a nice change).

Hope everyone's having a great day!
Old 08-21-2013, 04:12 PM   #155  

Hi Ishbel. Good to see you still around. How is everything going? How is maintenance?
Old 08-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #156  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Hey Ladies... Not sure of any of you remember me but I fell off the wagon awhile ago. just got outta nasty break up - anyways I am back on here... again... But just wanted to say Hello!!
Old 08-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

So nice to hear from you Jelly! Are you still roller derbying? Sorry to hear about your breakup but know in time you will say it was for the better.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #158  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Hi all,

Welcome back to you all!

I'm happy to say I've made it through my first summer
on maintence, this is the hardest time of the year for me.
Just got DS off to jr year at college and about to begin
the process with my DD as she is a High school Sr., Hoping
not to let stress get to me, LOL!

Ordered some of the books that have been suggested, sometimes
reading helps me stay focused, well more then sometimes,

Been loving all the fresh farm veggies! Such a difference from the winter
months. Had some corn for the first time, but really didn't agree with my
stomach, oh well good thing theres lots of other great veggies.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the summer, cant believe Labor
day is next week. Praying for a mild winter and no hurricanes.
Sandy was plenty for all last year!

Thanks for all the great posts, really helps to stay focused!
have a great day all,

D
Old 08-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning I Peeps!
There are so many names I recognize here!
Darbs - we were OP initially at the same time.... you must be heading back to school soon. I start next Monday - boo hoo. Although I love my job, I also love my summers!
Patns, Maile, Ishbel, Bellamack -- ahh, so nice to see friendly faces

Well, it's time for me to start a reboot - and to be accountable for it.
Sadly I'm up 18 lbs from my all-time low. Although I'm disappointed about it, I know that IP works and I know what I did (or should I say didn't do) to gain. I really did well in maintenance until early summer, then I noticed a I gained a little and said 'f it, I'm gonna go back OP soon anyway' so then it was no holds barred.... stupid, I know!
I've missed the inspiration, support and tips found daily here.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:47 AM   #160  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

I start my maternity leave tomorrow! I do still have 3 appointments tomorrow @ 10-12, 1-2, & 3-5...OB, Teacher meetup, and speech for my son. My dad comes up on Sunday and will help me finish the last minute baby moving stuff while hubby is at work. Trying to finish as much as i can before D-Day!

I had a nice Bodypump class today, kept it light and easy and feel great! Been getting funny looks at the gym for a while, guess you dont see many preggos lifting weights (although they are a fraction of what i did before).

Heres me barefoot & pregnant this morning @ 38+ weeks aling!

Old 08-23-2013, 09:55 AM   #161  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Lizzyrr: You look beautiful! I admire you for lifting weights and exercising right up to D day. You are such an inspiration. I am glad your dad is able to help you get ready. I know your delivery will go well as you are in such great shape. Hugs.

Dakin: it was good to hear from you. I started school yesterday and it is always nuts for the first month. The good thing about IP is that it does work and you know you will lose those pounds! I find that posting helps me be accoountable and focused.

Dregan: I got one son off to college and one more will go in two weeks. Good job on making it through your first summer in maintenance! I have been loving the summer vegetables and fruits also. Things taste so much better when they are fresh. I definitely will miss them in the winter.

Patns: are you starting school? Hope you are doing well.

Jelliemae: I was sorry to hear about your breakup. I also remember you doing roller derby. Good luck on your reboot with IP. The good thing is that you know it works.

Darbs: You have kept 50 pounds off! You sound focused and on track for reaching your goal again.

Ishbel: I am all for getting rid of the Tsunami panic attacks..small waves are definitely better. You are right about the process being important and not the event. That is wonderful that you have stayed in the same range for one year and 5 months. You are doing well. I still have small waves when I look at myself and think am I really thin? In Refuse to Regain she recommends that you hang your tightest jeans in front of your closet and that you try them on each day as motivation.

Bellamack: I hope your reboot is going well. Thank goodness for Phase 1.

Have a great day maintainers!
Old 08-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #162  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi all!

Ishbel - whatever gave you the idea that frozen treats are seasonal?? I enjoy them all year round, even when it's cold outside. Go for the ice cream maker!

Tried the fro yo with cocoa powder - not as good as the raspberry syrup - I think it didn't really mix well and the portions weren't quite right. Do they make a liquid chocolate flavoring with no sugar? Oh well, I'll have to keep working at it! I think it is wonderful that I can make frozen treats for around 150 calories and control the sugar content!

LizRR - you look fantastic! When exactly is D day?

Maile - like the jeans idea. Think I'm gonna try that!

Gotta run - #1 grandson is sleeping over tonight, then we're taking him shopping for some new school clothes tomorrow. I have no idea what's "in" for middle schoolers, but I'm sure he'll have no trouble spending my $...
Old 08-23-2013, 07:17 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

oh wow. Just like OLD TIMES. lol. Jelly, so sorry about your break up. Lizr you look amazing, good luck with the "due" date
Old 08-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #164  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Hi maintainers:

Good to see old friends reunite and come back to boards for inspiration and motivation. I am on day 6 of my reboot/P1 and definitely in ketosis. I like ketosis; I like the empowerment of this phase of being in control.

However, I am a grump with the low calories and I warn those around me. I expect to stay in P1 till end of Sept, have 10 lbs to lose to get to my initial goal that I missed the first time because I phased off above goal weight.

What is your biggest food that you overeat or crave? Mine is almonds. Something about them is hard for me to stop. Do I want/need the fat? Tell me yours.

Last edited by workingit50; 08-24-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #165  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

I love nuts also and peanut butter. I measure my pb religiously with a tablespoon and count the nuts to equal 100 for a snack. P1 can be hard when you are the one who is eating that way. Hang in there. You will lose those pounds soon.

Lizzy63: Good luck on that shopping. My kids have no trouble spending my money either.

I am off to exercise and buy roasted Hatch chills!
Closed Thread