3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat Monday, 7/8/2013

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #16
IP Start 2/5/13
 
brelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Evergreen State
Posts: 184

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

Default

Good morning all!

Sarita, loved the story about the skunks. At first I thought your friends were being skunks and eating your food, then I realized, you meant actual skunks! How did they manage to know food was in the foil packages, I wonder?

Beannie mommy, I am so glad I caught up on yesterday's thread, and I picked up your rhubarb recipe and am looking forward to trying it. I have added it into my special notebook of recipes gleaned from this site. May just have to cook it up today!
__________________
[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/]


Feb 13- Jan 14, 73 pounds lost, regained 20 during 4 months off
Jan 17, 2014 reboot: -7, -5, -1, -1, -3, 0, -2, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -2, -2, -2, -2, -5
brelo is offline  
Old 07-08-2013, 03:01 PM   #17
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Iowa
Posts: 43

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Default

Today is my first day of the IP diet! I am doing it strictly alternative! So far so good! I know it will be hard to get used to eating less food than I normally do, but I am feeling okay today. I even have most of my water done and its only 2!
I do have a question for anyone who does the diet alternative. I do the quest bar. I see they have a new bar that is chocolate chip cookie bar flavor. Are these okay?
Excited to be here finally!!
__________________
Weight Loss Goals:
5% Loss: 210.3-Completed?
Onederland: 199.9-Completed?
15% Loss: 188.2-Completed?
20% Loss: 177.10-Completed?
30% Loss: 155.00-Completed?
Goal Weight: 150-Completed?



for every 5 pounds lost!
SaraJP0804 is offline  
Old 07-08-2013, 03:04 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
jodi73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: West Orange, NJ
Posts: 100

S/C/G: 227.8/160/145

Height: 5'3"

Default

Sarajp- I've been eating the Quest cookie dough bars as my restricted around 2-3x a week and i've had consistent losses. I think the calories from fat is a little high, but I believe there's less total carbs than the other bars (21g compared to 24 or 25). Maybe try eating them on a day where your total calories/fat is a little lower (myfitnesspal is a great tool to track that daily).\\Good luck!
__________________
jodi73 is offline  
Old 07-08-2013, 03:24 PM   #19
IP Start 2/5/13
 
brelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Evergreen State
Posts: 184

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

Default

65x65

If we had not been posting at almost the same time, I would have seen your post and commented on it.

First off, thank you so much for your posting, you write so well. I had a definite feeling inside of "ditto that" as I read through your writing.

I too have various comfort levels of what I tell people. It all depends on the person, the situation, and my mood as to what info I give. When asked what I am doing, answers vary from "ideal protein, look it up" to "low carb, eating healthier"

I have found I am more sensitive to the "how much weight have you lost" question. At first, I felt comfortable answering to whoever the actual number, but now I am tiring of it. The last people knew I had lost 50, so whenever asked, I find myself saying 50, even though the actual total number is now much higher. I may move to answering by saying "haven't done the math lately" and leave it at that.

The main comment that I am getting that is bothering me, and I have thought to myself, now why is this comment bothering me? But it is, is this one: "you must feel so much better" I am getting irritated by that comment. If anyone has any clever responses, I am all ears. I have answered lately "I feel about the same" and the person fired back "But you MUST feel better!" I feel like saying "you know, I know I LOOKED like a beached whale, but my activity level was and still is as high as it ever was, so I truly feel about the same" The truth is, life is easier, but I have adjusted to my new weight and I don't notice it as much as I initially did anymore!

Thanks for listening to my story, I needed to get it off my chest to people that can understand!
__________________
[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/]


Feb 13- Jan 14, 73 pounds lost, regained 20 during 4 months off
Jan 17, 2014 reboot: -7, -5, -1, -1, -3, 0, -2, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -2, -2, -2, -2, -5
brelo is offline  
Old 07-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #20
On plan since June 23/13
 
Maxxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 288

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

Default

Thanks for the word of advice floridasunshine and 65x65. I'm only trying to keep this a secret for 10 more pounds. Lol. That will put me down 20 and I want people to notice rather than me tell them. Most of our group loves snacks, booze, pizza etc etc. but so far so good. I also have an amazing husband who is in on mt deception, like pretending I am having a vodka,soda,lime when the vodka is missing! Haha.

I will try some of the suggestions you gave. I feel so motivated as we are going on a trip in October and I hope to be almost at my goal by then! SHOPPING!!!!
Maxxy is offline  
Old 07-08-2013, 04:41 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
tallgirl231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 148

Height: 6'

Default

Just finalized my France trip and we are going a whole month earlier! Yikes, now I'm panicking because I wanted to be down 20 more pounds by then. In doing the math, that is most likely not possible. We are leaving on August 28th. My question is: should I do phase 2 for a few days and then move on to Phase 3? When should I begin this phase out? Two weeks before we leave? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
__________________
url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/][/url]
tallgirl231 is offline  
Old 07-08-2013, 04:52 PM   #22
Started IP 5/17/13
 
amt6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 153

S/C/G: 230.8/159.0/150

Height: 5'2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallgirl231 View Post
Just finalized my France trip and we are going a whole month earlier! Yikes, now I'm panicking because I wanted to be down 20 more pounds by then. In doing the math, that is most likely not possible. We are leaving on August 28th. My question is: should I do phase 2 for a few days and then move on to Phase 3? When should I begin this phase out? Two weeks before we leave? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Hi! I am leaving next week for a 9 day trip to Paris and London. My coach and I decided that I would do a mini-phase out before the trip. 2 weeks prior, start phase 2. 1 week prior, start phase 3. Of course, talk to your coach and get his/her recommendations, but this is what I am doing.

I too feel like I am "quitting" too early, being nowhere near goal, but I know it's only temporary and as soon as I get home, it's right back on! Good luck and have a great trip
__________________


Phase 1 - Began 5/17/13
Mini-phase off for vacation - 7/4/13 (phase 2), 7/11/13 (phase 3)
Mini Goal #1: 10% weight loss - achieved 7/11/13
Back on Phase 1: July 29
Mini Goal #2: Under 200 - achieved 8/12/13
Mini Goal #3: 50 lbs lost - achieved 10/15/13
Mini Goal #4: Weigh in the 160s - achieved 12/2/13!

Goal #5: GOAL!
amt6 is offline  
Old 07-08-2013, 05:20 PM   #23
Working to be an after!
 
crazynette826's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Utah
Posts: 862

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

Default

I'm also debating phasing off for a camping trip in August. My plan all along was to just stick with it to the end, but now I'm thinking I'd like to do more hiking and biking, without worrying about getting sick due to IP. I keep going back and forth on my decision. I'm planning on bringing it up with my coach next week, and get her opinion. Such a hard decision. I still have a long way to go to goal, and honestly the thought of reliving those first 3 days getting back into ketosis isn't that appealing.
__________________
"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it!" - Walt Disney
W1-8.4 W2-7.6 W3-1.8 W4-3.6 W5-3.6 W6-3.0 W7-3.6 W8-2.2 W9-2.4 W10-3.2 W11-2.2 W12-4.6
W13-2.4 W14-2.0 W15-2.6 W16-1.4 W17-3.4 W18-0.8 W19-3.6 W20-2.0 W21-1.6 W22-3.2 W23-0.6
W24-2.0 W25-0.4 W26NWI W27-6.0 W28-1.2 W29-2.0 W30-2.4 W31NWI W32-6.2 W33+1.2 W34NWI
W35-5.4 W36+1.0 W37-3.6 W38NWI W39-3.4W40NWI W41-1.0 W42-1.4 W43-2.4 W44-1.0 W45-0.0
W46-0.2 W47NWI W48-3.4 W49-2.4 W50NWI W51+0.4 W52-0.4 W53-3.4 W54+0.2 W55-2.2



crazynette826 is offline  
Old 07-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
tallgirl231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 148

Height: 6'

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amt6 View Post
Hi! I am leaving next week for a 9 day trip to Paris and London. My coach and I decided that I would do a mini-phase out before the trip. 2 weeks prior, start phase 2. 1 week prior, start phase 3. Of course, talk to your coach and get his/her recommendations, but this is what I am doing.

I too feel like I am "quitting" too early, being nowhere near goal, but I know it's only temporary and as soon as I get home, it's right back on! Good luck and have a great trip
I don't have a coach, went rogue from the beginning with the help of 3FC. I think one week on Phase 2 and one week on Phase 3 will do it for me too. Thanks for the info. Enjoy your trip. London is spectacular!
__________________
url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/][/url]
tallgirl231 is offline  
Old 07-08-2013, 06:09 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
65X65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,333

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brelo View Post
65x65

If we had not been posting at almost the same time, I would have seen your post and commented on it.

First off, thank you so much for your posting, you write so well. I had a definite feeling inside of "ditto that" as I read through your writing.

I too have various comfort levels of what I tell people. It all depends on the person, the situation, and my mood as to what info I give. When asked what I am doing, answers vary from "ideal protein, look it up" to "low carb, eating healthier"

I have found I am more sensitive to the "how much weight have you lost" question. At first, I felt comfortable answering to whoever the actual number, but now I am tiring of it. The last people knew I had lost 50, so whenever asked, I find myself saying 50, even though the actual total number is now much higher. I may move to answering by saying "haven't done the math lately" and leave it at that.

The main comment that I am getting that is bothering me, and I have thought to myself, now why is this comment bothering me? But it is, is this one: "you must feel so much better" I am getting irritated by that comment. If anyone has any clever responses, I am all ears. I have answered lately "I feel about the same" and the person fired back "But you MUST feel better!" I feel like saying "you know, I know I LOOKED like a beached whale, but my activity level was and still is as high as it ever was, so I truly feel about the same" The truth is, life is easier, but I have adjusted to my new weight and I don't notice it as much as I initially did anymore!

Thanks for listening to my story, I needed to get it off my chest to people that can understand!
Brelo--thanks for the kind comments...and on the same note...your song rings some bells for me!!

Also...seriously HATE it when someone assumes I did not feel well..! My response to that is to look back mustering a scrunched up quizzical face and reply .."Gosh...I'm lucky...never had that experience...I've always felt pretty good!"

At one point when some one really pressed for how much I'd lost...I said "...10 pounds...more than once!" then changed the subject.

I don't know why those things are important to others...or even more, why they feel they are entitled to that very personal info...would they ask a person what size slacks ...or bra they wore??? REALLY!!!

Now that I'm far enough into this...I only explain why I'm ordering or eating what I am if the question is intelligent and appears the person really cares...and do not give ANYone a clue this is a "program" people are too judgmental...and again...not for me to be the subject of a conversation when I am not around. ...What I do when we are entertaining...being entertained or go out is really how it will be from now on for the most part, so our friends are getting so used to it and it's not really an issue!! No one questions diabetic..or someone with food allergies if they say.."No thanks" to something...or "I think I'll pass on that.."

At some point a glass of wine with dinner will be nice, but I don't foresee that being the reason to go out...or how I spend an entire evening out. I've enjoyed shopping for new clothes W-A-Y too much!! Now the sales...I'll tell anyone who will listen "WHO has WHAT" on sale!!!

Last edited by 65X65 : 07-08-2013 at 06:14 PM.
65X65 is offline  
Old 07-08-2013, 07:04 PM   #26
Started IP 5/20/2013
 
Divadani13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 53

S/C/G: 270/IP211.8/ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Default My answers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Now that I'm far enough into this...I only explain why I'm ordering or eating what I am if the question is intelligent and appears the person really cares...No one questions diabetic..or someone with food allergies if they say.."No thanks" to something...or "I think I'll pass on that.."
A quick aside: I have a father who is a diabetic and a son with anaphylactic food allergies, so I have a lot of experience advocating for others when we eat out. I have noticed that many people say they have food allergies when they can't be bothered to explain their dietary restrictions, so I have to be very firm when I ask questions about peanuts and tree nuts for my son and stress that they absolutely cannot prepare his food near either of these or he may die in their restaurant. Personally, that makes my dietary restrictions not seem like a big deal to me.

That said, if people ask about my food choices I simply tell them that I am gluten-free and I severely limit sugar and any high-glycemic index foods because I feel much better not eating them. I sometimes add that I am eating more protein because I find it's better for my muscle recovery after workouts, and I have a lot of protein shakes and bars because it's more convenient than cooking. (All this is true and people are usually blinded with science by this point because I said fancy stuff like "glycemic index".)

No one has yet asked me how much I have lost, but I live in NE and no one would ever ask that When I get compliments and questions, I just say I am eating healthier and getting more from my workouts. When I turn down wine, I echo that I'm being healthier and no one tries to argue about the health benefits of drunken reveling.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts too!
__________________
Divadani13 is offline  
Old 07-08-2013, 08:06 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
65X65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,333

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default

Our oldest granddaughter is allergic all you mentioned...plus a host of fruits and vegetables (cross-reactivity to pollen from some species)...and shellfish. Epipens everywhere...

I raised two kids who were BOTH allergic to milk...(let me tell you, that was a trip 30-40 years ago..) and now they both have celiac disease. (tough being Italian with that!)The rest of us also appear to have some degree of gluten/wheat sensitivity....and a few other bizarre food allergies....

We actually stick to restaurants that are known for a complying attitude and for the most part we deal with the chef. Their waiters are trained to take the order...talk to the chef and then he actually comes out to the table. Last year we took the grandkids and the whole family for a day at Sesame Place in Langhorn PA...They actually have a food cafeteria venue in it's own building that is a peanut and nut free zone, ...(yea to french fries NOT cooked in p-nut oil.) We were amazed at how sensitive and knowledgeable they were there...and we were with other families that had similar stuff going on in that respect.
65X65 is offline  
Old 07-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #28
Round 2 started 6/21/13
 
Beanie Mommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 216

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brelo View Post
Good morning all!

Sarita, loved the story about the skunks. At first I thought your friends were being skunks and eating your food, then I realized, you meant actual skunks! How did they manage to know food was in the foil packages, I wonder?

Beannie mommy, I am so glad I caught up on yesterday's thread, and I picked up your rhubarb recipe and am looking forward to trying it. I have added it into my special notebook of recipes gleaned from this site. May just have to cook it up today!
Brelo - Hope you like the rhubarb compote and vanilla pudding thing. I had it for lunch at the office again today. Yum! My coworkers are pretty much all into WW, so there a lot of lean cuisines going around at lunchtime. Can't say I'm jealous at all, lol.

To pick up on the hush, hush topic about being on IP - I tell everyone who asks what I am doing now. The first time around I kept it under wraps, and people commenting on my food choices constantly. Now I just tell people straight up and I just let them call me crazy and rant about how they couldn't give up bread, pasta, alcohol, fruit. I know this works for me. It's their loss (or lack thereof) if they think that the company sponsored WW is the only way to go.

Hope everyone is having a good week!
__________________
Beanie Mommy is offline  
Old 07-08-2013, 09:30 PM   #29
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 60

S/C/G: 196.5/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default

Made Popsicles today with my mango RTD! Nice to have an option other than drinking it straight!
__________________


Alamo girl is offline  
Old 07-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #30
Junior Member
 
michy1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 24

S/C/G: 149/149/130

Height: 5`6``

Default

I am totaly annoyed by my clinic, and today is just about the last straw. Went in there on the weekend to get my stuff for the week and they didnt have the items i buy. They told me someone would call me to let me know when things would be in. Wound up going down to the store to talk to them and was told they just ordered stuff today and nothing will be in till friday or next monday. well that doesnt help me out at all since i have food for today and thats it, i usually go for my wi on monday morning and i stock up then. now i have to travel over an hour to the next store to get my food and when i told them that they didnt seem to care. especially since im going away this week and told them i need my food before i leave. not to sure how to handle this as this is not the first time this has happened. i just find it really frusturating.
michy1979 is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Daily Chat Monday 7/1/2013 lisa32989 Ideal Protein Diet 57 07-01-2013 09:35 PM
IP Daily Chat Monday 2/18/2013 lisa32989 Ideal Protein Diet 82 02-19-2013 12:39 AM
IP Daily Chat Monday 1/21/2013 lisa32989 Ideal Protein Diet 98 01-22-2013 01:20 AM
IP Daily Chat Monday, January 14, 2013 lisa32989 Ideal Protein Diet 124 01-15-2013 12:44 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:42 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2