Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 07:21 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat 7/6 - Sun 7/7/13

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 07-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 338/338/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning campers!
I woke up with tons of energy this morning and it feels great! It is supposed to rain all weekend so my plan is to hit a few closets in this house and throw out/donate a bunch of junk!
First WI is Monday and I am anxious to see the results. Judging by the way I feel today, I'm expecting a successful week.
Have a good OP weekend everyone!
Old 07-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/160/125

Height: 5' 3"

If u r in the alternative plan, should u add extra protein when u work out?
Old 07-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

4th week weigh in lost 2.4, I can not believe it! Yahoo! I was so hungry all week and I ate extra protien. (My TOM is soon) hope everyone had a 100% OP week!
Old 07-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 253/217/150

Height: 5'7

Doing great and loving the orange chocolate wafers. Already excited for my next WI on Wednesday!
Old 07-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 320/IP303/197/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Peacock View Post
Good morning campers!
I woke up with tons of energy this morning and it feels great! It is supposed to rain all weekend so my plan is to hit a few closets in this house and throw out/donate a bunch of junk!
First WI is Monday and I am anxious to see the results. Judging by the way I feel today, I'm expecting a successful week.
Have a good OP weekend everyone!
Princess - good to hear you are feeling good. Cleaning out closets is a great way to stay busy and your mind off food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoleroper View Post
If u r in the alternative plan, should u add extra protein when u work out?
I think you should add another non-restricted packet if you have light to moderate exercise regardless if you're using IP or alternatives. I also have an additional 6-8 oz of protein at lunch since I do a strenuous workout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthayer View Post
4th week weigh in lost 2.4, I can not believe it! Yahoo! I was so hungry all week and I ate extra protien. (My TOM is soon) hope everyone had a 100% OP week!
Great losses! Congratulations!
Old 07-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 303/144.8/145

Height: 5'4"

Happy weekend fellow IPers....

Went window shopping today. Had a couple of people tell me that I should be shopping in the petite sections now, and I was like " pfft, yeah, right". So for kicks and giggles, I thought why not, grabbed a Petite Medium top and a pair of 10 petite pants to try on.....they not only fit, but the top was almost too big...

Needless to say, had another bout of happy tears in the dressing room....

As we are losing the weight that we have carried for so many years of our lives, changing how we see our bodies is probably the hardest part of this entire process ( once you get past the food part that is ). I encourage those of you who also struggle with this to listen to what others are saying when they say how good you look, and when they make suggestions about trying sizes and styles you may have never considered in the past. They are actually seeing us more clearly at the moment than we may be able to see ourselves...
Old 07-06-2013, 04:07 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 229.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakofday71 View Post

Went window shopping today. Had a couple of people tell me that I should be shopping in the petite sections now, and I was like " pfft, yeah, right". So for kicks and giggles, I thought why not, grabbed a Petite Medium top and a pair of 10 petite pants to try on.....they not only fit, but the top was almost too big...

As we are losing the weight that we have carried for so many years of our lives, changing how we see our bodies is probably the hardest part of this entire process ( once you get past the food part that is ). I encourage those of you who also struggle with this to listen to what others are saying when they say how good you look, and when they make suggestions about trying sizes and styles you may have never considered in the past. They are actually seeing us more clearly at the moment than we may be able to see ourselves...
Wow, simply amazing!!! Congratulations.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 229.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I had WI#2 today. Down 3lbs and 5.5". Pretty exciting stuff. Though there is something i'm having a bit of difficulty with. This is the third time I go to the clinic and it was someone new again. So, so far I have not seen the same person twice. This time the girl took my measurements and was out the door before I could ask questions. She didn't even look at my journal. I don't know exactly how I'm feeling, but I guess just a little put out. Talking about my weight and even just seeking help was a huge step and I was hoping I'd develop a good rapport with my coach, but so far it seems I have 3. I wonder if next weekend I'll have someone new.

For the questions the girl didn't answer:
1) Sometimes I make pancakes or the muffins and it requires using eggs or egg whites. Should I be counting these toward my 8oz of protein at supper time?

2) My chest hurts sometimes. Is this part of the program, or this is all me and if it continues I should get checked out?

In other business... while waiting for the coach to come in and do the measurements, I was reading the posters on the wall and one caught my eye. "Don't reward yourself with food. You're not a dog." And as soon as I read it, I realized I was doing this with LO. When we go to the store and she's behaving well, I'll get her a kinder-egg as a 'treat'. It hit me so hard that I was driving this kind of behaviour into my daughter and I'm working on changing that around. We had lots of running around to do today and she behaved the whole time. At the end she asked for an egg... I asked what she thought about getting $2.00 instead (pretty much the cost of the egg). When we got home I made her a little chart, to lead up to $30.00 and said when she got to that point, we'd take her piggy bank to the store and she could buy herself whatever toy she wanted. She's 4.5 years old, so I'm hoping this is successful and maybe it will teach her the value of money and getting to spend her own money. We'll switch over to a weekly allowance when she's 6years or so and she has regular chores to do around the house.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #10  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:

Wow! 142 pounds down. You must feel so different! Just curious...since you ave lost it, have you tried to pick up and carry anything that weighs 142? Can you do it? I've only lost about 30 but the other day I was carrying a 30 lb container of cat litter to the basement and found myself complaining that 'it was so heavy' ....then it dawned on me ...and I smiled!
Old 07-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #11  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryssyBee View Post

In other business... while waiting for the coach to come in and do the measurements, I was reading the posters on the wall and one caught my eye. "Don't reward yourself with food. You're not a dog." And as soon as I read it, I realized I was doing this with LO. When we go to the store and she's behaving well, I'll get her a kinder-egg as a 'treat'. It hit me so hard that I was driving this kind of behaviour into my daughter and I'm working on changing that around. We had lots of running around to do today and she behaved the whole time. At the end she asked for an egg... I asked what she thought about getting $2.00 instead (pretty much the cost of the egg). When we got home I made her a little chart, to lead up to $30.00 and said when she got to that point, we'd take her piggy bank to the store and she could buy herself whatever toy she wanted. She's 4.5 years old, so I'm hoping this is successful and maybe it will teach her the value of money and getting to spend her own money. We'll switch over to a weekly allowance when she's 6years or so and she has regular chores to do around the house.

Thanks for sharing! This is excellent!
Old 07-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #12  

KryssyBee
2 egg whites/day have long been considered 0/0/0 freebies

I've never had chest pains

When you make your next appt at the clinic, ask how you can schedule with the same person each time. We have to stand up for ourselves!

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-06-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryssyBee View Post
2) My chest hurts sometimes. Is this part of the program, or this is all me and if it continues I should get checked out?
IF you didn't see your regular MD before you started the diet, i would go check in with them now....just so they know what you are up to, and can discuss with you a potential monitoring on their end (maybe they wont think its needed but, its always a good idea). ESP if you clinic is like mine (which it sounds like it is) and they just wanna rush you and in out with your food for the week...there is really no "doctor" monitoring me at my clinic at all...

I got my ketosis strips yesterday, i know these boards highly advised against them but i had made the purchase before i was given that advice...anyhow the stick told me i am in ketosis...so...that's good .....in other news....i sometimes feels like im forcing food down, i am never hungry...so that's REALLY GOOD.

Happy cleaning to those doing so ...and have a great weekend.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 297.7/288.4/200

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
I've only lost about 30 but the other day I was carrying a 30 lb container of cat litter to the basement and found myself complaining that 'it was so heavy' ....then it dawned on me ...and I smiled!
That's a great way to look at our weight loss, I hadn't thought of that before. No wonder my knees are feeling so much better. I've lost 35 lbs. so far. I can just imagine what I'll feel like when I'm down 50 & 100 lbs.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 330/291/160

Height: 5'8

Quote:

Thank you for that advice! Your an inspiration to me
Closed Thread