Old 07-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #1  

Default help with this site

sorry but I am new to this.

1. How do you find a recipe that you read and didn't save.
I tried the search option and was still confused.

2. How do you get an avatar from Facebook? It is not saved on my computer.

3. How do you get your progress added to your personal signature (again sorry, lack of words)

Then I must say....Thank you, Thank you....this forum has been a life saver.

I am on IP now for 3 weeks, have lost 13 lbs (my coach is awesome and recommended this site)

But about 5 years ago I did Medifast (believe me I like IP much better) and had no help so all I did was eat the same boring way for about 3 months UGH!!!

Thanks

BTW I have ready the Sticky notes....I am just new to this type of thing and can't figure it all out.
ssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:51 AM   #2  

The info for progress in personal signature (tracker) is both in the stickies and in the first post of the daily thread.

Pics have to be saved to use them for avatar

try googling the recipe, again, info is in the first post of the daily thread

Some of it just takes time to learn. Questions like yours are best asked in the daily thread b/c they are FAQs
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #3  

ooops my first post and already causing trouble. Thanks again Lisa
ssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 338/338/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmith View Post
ooops my first post and already causing trouble. Thanks again Lisa
Ssmith, I hope you get the assistance you have asked for. I would help if I could, but like you, I am new to this support forum. The protocol itself can be overwhelming at first, and adding the intricate task of navigating through this forum can be intimidating. Sometimes helpful answers are given immediately. Other times it takes longer.
I'm still trying to learn the ins and outs of posting. I have a fear of asking something, only to be told that the question has been asked before.
I'm sure I will get the hang of it eventually, and so will you.
Princess Peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:43 PM   #5  

Princess: ask questions in the daily thread. Lots if people will see them & questions will get answered fastest there.

Most questions started in new threads are really FAQs anyway so best place is daily thread.

Ask them there. No reason to be scared of asking questions in the best spot to ask them
Old 07-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmith View Post
sorry but I am new to this.

1. How do you find a recipe that you read and didn't save.
I tried the search option and was still confused.

2. How do you get an avatar from Facebook? It is not saved on my computer.

3. How do you get your progress added to your personal signature (again sorry, lack of words)

Then I must say....Thank you, Thank you....this forum has been a life saver.

I am on IP now for 3 weeks, have lost 13 lbs (my coach is awesome and recommended this site)

But about 5 years ago I did Medifast (believe me I like IP much better) and had no help so all I did was eat the same boring way for about 3 months UGH!!!

Thanks

BTW I have ready the Sticky notes....I am just new to this type of thing and can't figure it all out.
1. Try going to this link and go to the very first post...it contains lots of links to help you find stuff on here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...threads-2.html

2. I don't know about this one.

3. I think you need to have been posting on here for at least 20 days and have 20 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Peacock View Post
Ssmith, I hope you get the assistance you have asked for. I would help if I could, but like you, I am new to this support forum. The protocol itself can be overwhelming at first, and adding the intricate task of navigating through this forum can be intimidating. Sometimes helpful answers are given immediately. Other times it takes longer.
I'm still trying to learn the ins and outs of posting. I have a fear of asking something, only to be told that the question has been asked before.
I'm sure I will get the hang of it eventually, and so will you.
Here is what the "Have a question about IP? Read here first..." sticky post says:

Daily chats are not intended for IP questions and answers! This is a very inefficient way to handle Q/A and has resulted in long term chaos in our IP forum. It could take hours to sift through the daily chats hoping to find the answer you need now, therefore it encourages repeat questions. We're not saying you can't ask questions in the daily chat of course. If it's part of the natural flow of the thread then go for it! But it shouldn't be the first choice since that excludes a lot of people from learning from you. Keep in mind that a lot of members just don't like daily chats and seek support more directly. This is forum wide at 3FC as well as many or most other discussion forums online.

When and Why to post New Topic Threads to ask for help:
You've checked the Sticky Post, you used the IP Forum Search, but you can't find your answer. You're not out of luck! Go ahead and post a New Thread and someone will be happy to help We do ask that you use a descriptive topic for your thread. Please don't post a topic such as "Help me!" Just briefly describe your problem in the subject, then go into more detail in your post.

Sounds to me like we are being advised to post our question in a new post rather than posing it on the Daily Chat thread....

Last edited by galpal445; 07-05-2013 at 02:05 PM.
galpal445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #7  

It also says to search for answers first. This rarely happens. It says to search for similar threads first and to post new threads when the topic isn't already available. There are very few unique questions. Again, almost all are FAQs.

The reason I say ask in the daily is because most questions are FAQs, which means they are asked repeatedly and there are already threads on the topic. Searching first would answer most of the questions but since that doesn't happen often, the daily is the best spot for those FAQs. It IS more efficient than having numerous threads with the same topic.

Asking FAQs in the daily is also the best way to join in with the majority of the community.

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-05-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
It also says to search for answers first. This rarely happens. It says to search for similar threads first and to post new threads when the topic isn't already available. There are very few unique questions. Again, almost all are FAQs.

The reason I say ask in the daily is because most questions are FAQs, which means they are asked repeatedly and there are already threads on the topic. Searching first would answer most of the questions but since that doesn't happen often, the daily is the best spot for those FAQs. It IS more efficient than having numerous threads with the same topic.

Asking FAQs in the daily is also the best way to join in with the majority of the community.
People actually DO usually try the search first but, more often than not, either it doesn't bring the question up or there are so many results that searching through them all can take a huge amount of time...which most people don't have a lot of.

After trying to search for the subject and not finding an answer, the instructions say to just go ahead and post the question. So what if the question has been asked 50 million times? There are always new folks who can benefit from it being answered this time. Being chastised for asking the question is just not beneficial to anyone.
galpal445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #9  
Started IP 03/06/2013

S/C/G: 198.8/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by galpal445 View Post
[COLOR=navy]
After trying to search for the subject and not finding an answer, the instructions say to just go ahead and post the question. So what if the question has been asked 50 million times? There are always new folks who can benefit from it being answered this time. Being chastised for asking the question is just not beneficial to anyone.
Yes, this! Thank you for writing this.
WillowVee is offline   Reply With Quote