Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #16  

Happy 4th everyone! Hope you have a good day. Looking forward to some fireworks and a family bbq here.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:14 AM   #17  
IP Start Date 5/13/13

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I have WF Creamy bacon in my fridge and have yet to try it...maybe I'll crack it open today and give it a shot!
I found the creamy bacon to be surprisingly delicious. My favorite ways to have it are to make a salad with all of my veggies and chopped grilled chicken, pour on the dressing and toss it to coat everything. You'd swear there was bacon and it was a cobb salad!!!! Second, have a burger, with a slice of beefsteak tomato (occasionally) and creamy bacon, wrapped in lettuce. Seriously good. I don't like mustard, so I was looking for an alternative to ketchup on my burgers. This is it. I don't feel deprived at all!
Old 07-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #18  

Height: 6'

Just wanted to say Happy OP 4th to everyone. The weather is gorgeous here in Chicago. Looking forward to spending time with family. Stay safe everyone!
Old 07-04-2013, 12:38 PM   #19  
Started IP 6/21/2013

S/C/G: 246/219/165

Height: 5'6"

Happy 4th, especially for all of us for being healthier and skinnier than last year!
Old 07-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 184/149/150

Height: 5'7"

Happy 4th of July! Stay safe and strength to stay on plan at gatherings!

Kryssy- I take the different vitamins in 2 doses usually breakfast and lunch. I work nights and was bringing evening vitamins with me and still forget to take them since I don't have any set schedule a work. I don't know if it's bad to do it in 2 doses but I figure getting them at some point is better than not.

Shantimom - you now have 3FC to help you through! Good luck with 2nd try, you can do it!

Had my family get together last night - brought veggie platter, and my own cucumber for just me and ate burger with no bun and brought BBQ ridges in case I needed chips. Had seltzer with lime wedges for a drink. Proud of myself for not indulging in the ice cream sundaes (really had no want for them - which I found very odd for me). All went great!

Everyone enjoy this great day!
Old 07-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #21  
Started IP 5/25/13

S/C/G: 196.5/152/145

Height: 5ft 6 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryssyBee View Post
Good morning everyone!!!
Happy 4th of July to my neighbours to the south!!

A few questions:

2. I always, ALWAYS forget my two evening cal-mags. Are they important? If yes, what are some ways to remember to take them?

TIA!!! (thanks in advance)
Hi KryssyBee! I was having trouble juggling all my supplements once I added Biotin and a 3 x day Omega 3 to my regular IP pills. I would like to introduce you to my new best friend:

http://www.carex.com/item/70600/MediChest-8482-/

(I hope that link works.) I bought the Apex MediChest 70600; there are several comparable versions in other brands. What I like is that the individual morn/noon/eve/bed dayplanners are removable so you can pop the day's supplements into your purse & take them with you. I also like the fact that each removable dayplanner has the day of week on it (a lot don't). I put my "snack" Cal-Mags in the "bedtime" slot even though I often have my snack during the day.

At first this made me feel like an old lady managing her many medications, but now I'm over it. It is so handy to check and make sure I haven't accidentally forgotten to take any of the supplements.

Here's another brand: http://www.mgcpharmacy.com/servlet/t...ganizer/Detail

Last edited by bluegirl9; 07-04-2013 at 01:18 PM. Reason: adding another link
Old 07-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #22  

Default Timing of supplements

Quote:

2. I always, ALWAYS forget my two evening cal-mags. Are they important? If yes, what are some ways to remember to take them?
My coach told me it doesn't matter when I take the supplements, as long as I get them in at some point during the day. She said the Phase 1 sheet was just a suggestion on when to take them but that I can take them all at the same time. What have other coaches been suggesting? Is there an advantage to spreading them out during the day?

Thanks!
Old 07-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmomX2 View Post
My coach told me it doesn't matter when I take the supplements, as long as I get them in at some point during the day. She said the Phase 1 sheet was just a suggestion on when to take them but that I can take them all at the same time. What have other coaches been suggesting? Is there an advantage to spreading them out during the day?

Thanks!
Sorry, but your coach is wrong.

Your body can not possibly absorb all the vitamins at once so you will literally pee them away. Not only will your body not receive the benefits of them, but it's also a waste of money.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 229.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegirl9 View Post
Hi KryssyBee! I was having trouble juggling all my supplements once I added Biotin and a 3 x day Omega 3 to my regular IP pills. I would like to introduce you to my new best friend:

http://www.carex.com/item/70600/MediChest-8482-/

(I hope that link works.) I bought the Apex MediChest 70600; there are several comparable versions in other brands. What I like is that the individual morn/noon/eve/bed dayplanners are removable so you can pop the day's supplements into your purse & take them with you. I also like the fact that each removable dayplanner has the day of week on it (a lot don't). I put my "snack" Cal-Mags in the "bedtime" slot even though I often have my snack during the day.

At first this made me feel like an old lady managing her many medications, but now I'm over it. It is so handy to check and make sure I haven't accidentally forgotten to take any of the supplements.

Here's another brand: http://www.mgcpharmacy.com/servlet/t...ganizer/Detail
I never even thought of this!!! I carry all my pill bottles in the top compartment of my lunch box, since the bottles are almost empty I swear people hear me coming from down the hallway I like the idea of just taking one container for the day as well.. I won't seem like some kind of addict this way. The container I got I've posted a pic. I ordered it off of amazon.

I ordered a food scale as well. I was trying to do it the lazymans' way and well if I really want the best results it's time to grow up and plan.

I understand weightloss is different for everyone so we'll see about it later. I plan on getting the girls done once I'm at my ideal weight so I wonder if they can just do a tuck at the same time if need be.

Thanks for all the responses. I like not having to wait till my weekly visits to get answers. I'd probably have a notepad!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pills.jpg (12.1 KB, 16 views)
Old 07-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 229.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmomX2 View Post

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post

Your body can not possibly absorb all the vitamins at once so you will literally pee them away. Not only will your body not receive the benefits of them, but it's also a waste of money.
This is exactly what my coach said! Not to take all at the same time because your body would absorb a few. For the price they are as well, not something you want to be wasting. My pills are usually around $25-30 range per bottle, so it would be a costly waste. She said to take the 2 cal-mags right before bed, but I just forget... hopefully with my new compartment thing I'll remember. I'm also going to set an alarm on my phone (as suggested) at least for the first bit.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 197/177/160

Height: 5.6

Im so excited that i am losing weigh on maintenance Slowly but Im losing ......
Old 07-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #27  
Started IP 5/25/13

S/C/G: 196.5/152/145

Height: 5ft 6 in

Quote:
Good morning everyone!!!
Happy 4th of July to my neighbours to the south!!

A few questions:
1. So I know that the diet is created to lose weight fast. I'm 26, started at 229 but plan to go down to about 140. Does skinny fat occur on this diet? Will I still need a tuck of some sort to get rid of excess skin? Anyone have experience?
Like others have said, my understanding is that this varies from individual to individual, and age is also a factor because our skin loses some of its elasticity as we age. You are young, so your skin will probably be more resilient than mine (I'm 52). The Dr. in my clinic always tells people that you have to give your skin at least 3-6 months to sort of "bounce" back after losing weight, before you look into other options.

I did ask my coach about the loose skin issue, and she said if I was concerned she would encourage me to use the two IP items with collagen, the Blu-Cran-Pomegranate drink and Raspberry Jelly (jello). The thing you have to watch with these packets is that you shouldn't use them every day (except *possibly* as a 4th packet -- see the thread referenced below), because they don't provide the broad range of amino acids needed by your body. IdealProteinNewbie explains it very well in this useful thread:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-products.html

Scorbett1103 has some good points about skin adjustment/elasticity on a page 3 of the thread. Some of the people on this forum take extra collagen in supplement form.

Last edited by bluegirl9; 07-04-2013 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Clarification on using IP collagen packets
Old 07-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post

ABSOLUTELY!! Plus..vitamins are lipid soluble so if you don't have enough oil or some form of fat from your diet available during digestion, the vitamins will be excreted...
Old 07-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #29  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Lisa32989,

In yesterday's chat you mentioned a 100% thread (ie, forum for 'no cheaters'). What is the name of that thread? I can't seem to find one like it.

Thanks!

Annik
Old 07-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Annik: Bumping "Home of the 100%" thread for you!
Closed Thread