3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat Tuesday 7/2/2013

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2013, 08:43 AM   #1
IP start Aug 2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,523

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 7/2/2013


Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 07-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
heritagesoftail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 102

S/C/G: 202/155/160

Height: 5.6

Default

Good morning IPeeps . No WI's for me anymore , I have been on Phase 4 ( life ) for one week so far. I think Im doing ok since there has been no weight gain. Finding I have to think a lot more than the other phases but it should become natural with time. Had a great Canada day weekend with sun shining down all weekend. To my US friends Happy 4th of July holiday this week.
__________________





One for every 10 lbs gone
heritagesoftail is offline  
Old 07-02-2013, 09:58 AM   #3
IP start Aug 2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,523

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Default

Topic for today
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 07-02-2013, 10:11 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
65X65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,338

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default SOo-so TRUE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Topic for today
This diet definitely works best for those who are willing to make this a mental pursuit...not just a trip to the kitchen!
65X65 is offline  
Old 07-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
A1Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 478

Height: 5' 7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Topic for today
WOW Lisa - I like your new Photo
__________________


"Skinny Taste Better"
Started P3 7/19/13
Maintenance as of 8/1/13
Start CrossFit 8/5/13


Posted a comparison photo on my profile.
A1Texan is offline  
Old 07-02-2013, 11:21 AM   #6
Member
 
dukeofllano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 86

S/C/G: 150/128/120

Height: 5'4"

Default

" Weight loss is NOT a physical challenge it's a mental one". WOW- ain't that the truth!!! For me, the hardest part about working out is putting on a jog bra, lacing up my shoes, and actually walking out the door. The hardest part about eating healthy is actually taking TIME to buy, wash, and cut up tons of veggies that are ready to munch on or cook when I am feeling weak. THe mental part, the preparation, truly is the hardest part! If I plan for weak moments ( having my shoes ready to go, having that snack out and ready to eat), I have way more success!!! Great topic today to ponder!! Happy 4th of July week everyone!

PS- Now I am inspired to wash and cut up the huge rutabaga in my fridge to make a potato salad, instead of being tempted all day Wed & THurs to eat the other potato salads that do not fit with my new lifestyle. =)
__________________
dukeofllano is offline  
Old 07-02-2013, 11:39 AM   #7
IP start Aug 2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,523

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
WOW Lisa - I like your new Photo
Lol in my dreams....
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 07-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1

Default

Hello everyone,
I am new to this site and I am not on IP as of yet. I would like to go to my IP center where I live this week but would like some questions answered first before I go.

I've been on Medifast a few times before and am wondering what the difference is between Ideal Protein and Medifast. I know on Medifast you eat between 800-1000 calories a day. What about IP? I have been reading up on IP for the past couple of days and have seen some amazing results, like losing at least 20lbs in the first month. I am 262 and 6feet tall so I have quite a long journey ahead of me.

I watched a few youtube videos last night and someone mentioned that she had to buy vitamins and I think she said calcium pills. Do you have to buy those from IP or can you get them at your grocery or pharmacy store?

What does a normal day food wise look like?

Any other info would be appreciated. I know I can ask all these question at the IP center but they are normally there to sell their products and I'd just feel better knowing things in advance from people not making money out of it.

Thank you.
Ana
anabel74 is offline  
Old 07-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
onmyway1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 199

S/C/G: 286/148/160

Height: 5'7"

Default

about the mental challenge:

Losing weight has been about changing my whole relationship with food and its role in my life, and the addiction to the way it makes me feel.

Alcoholics completely stop drinking alcohol when they enter recovery. Drug addicts do the same.

People who eat too much can't just give up food. They have to learn to control the beast mentally and excercise that control all day every day. Very difficult sometimes.

I've been trying to remember that food is fuel: my body needs it to run like an engine needs gasoline. The higher quality fuel I put into my engine the better it will run. If it doesn't make my body work efficiently - why eat it?

Food is not a stress reliever, or a comfort item. These are the things I need to remember.

The other piece of the mental puzzle for me is body dysmorphia - I never knew how big I was and can't judge my size at all now. I never could see myself accurately in the mirror : My adult weight has ranged from 123 -294 and in the mirror I always saw the same reflection no matter what the scale said.

Looking back - food/body image has been an issue all my life and I think if I was honest with myself I'd realize I was probably somewhat anorexic/bulemic in high school: always thought I was too fat: always dieting, would go for days w/o eating, diet pills to the point of passing out in class, then eating and making myself vomit. Somewhere along the way, I let go of the control and ballloned up to 294. Hopefully know that I am in control again I can remain in control in a healthy way once I leave phase 1.

Sorry for TMI but these are things I've starting to think/worry about as I get closer to phasing off and trying out to figure out eating in the real world forever.

So yes: Losing weight is definitely a mental thing for me.
__________________





one for each 10 lbs. lost
onmyway1014 is offline  
Old 07-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #10
Member
 
MY3labs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 57

S/C/G: 184/149/150

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeofllano View Post
" Weight loss is NOT a physical challenge it's a mental one". WOW- ain't that the truth!!! For me, the hardest part about working out is putting on a jog bra, lacing up my shoes, and actually walking out the door. The hardest part about eating healthy is actually taking TIME to buy, wash, and cut up tons of veggies that are ready to munch on or cook when I am feeling weak. THe mental part, the preparation, truly is the hardest part! If I plan for weak moments ( having my shoes ready to go, having that snack out and ready to eat), I have way more success!!! Great topic today to ponder!! Happy 4th of July week everyone!

PS- Now I am inspired to wash and cut up the huge rutabaga in my fridge to make a potato salad, instead of being tempted all day Wed & THurs to eat the other potato salads that do not fit with my new lifestyle. =)

Just wanted to know - how you are making the salad?

The mental thing is HUGE! I have lost over 30 lbs and some days I see it but, the trouble spots..thighs & stomach still "look" huge to me even though they are not...
__________________
MY3labs is offline  
Old 07-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Sunflower40's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: canada
Posts: 495

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5'0

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY3labs View Post
Just wanted to know - how you are making the salad?

The mental thing is HUGE! I have lost over 30 lbs and some days I see it but, the trouble spots..thighs & stomach still "look" huge to me even though they are not...
I have a sister in law who is your height and weight and I tell ya, she has a slamming body! I'm sure you do to
sometimes we focus too much on the negative and not enough on the positive. Remember someone else might be looking at you and wishing they looked like you.
Sunflower40 is offline  
Old 07-02-2013, 12:26 PM   #12
Started IP 7/9/12
 
ragdoll74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 1,751

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Default

anabel74-I think IP is similar calories, but less carbs. I would suggest using the actual IP supplements. I tried using OTC supplements, but I didn't feel as good on those so went back to the actual IP supplements.

Typical day for me on phase 1 was
Breakfast: Shake with my coffee
Lunch: Giant salad with 2 cups allowed veggies, romaine, ACV & olive oil dressing & a shake.
Snack: Protein bar
Dinner: grilled steak and 2 cups of veggies.

Check out the what are you eating thread to see what other people do.
__________________
started maintenance 6/14/13
ragdoll74 is offline  
Old 07-02-2013, 12:36 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Art3mis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 305

Default

Hello everyone
this is my first post in a daily thread (and my 3rd post in general on this site)...

I go for my first WI today...and im really scared ...if that scale hasn't moved enough imma be >.<!

And i agree 100% weight loss/eating is all mental.....food addiction is a major problem...i mean we all need to eat right...we just need to learn to eat the right things for our bodies to continue being the amazing machines they are. BUT MAN what i wouldn't give for a bowl of ice cream right now! or a freaking piece of bread! lol
Art3mis is offline  
Old 07-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #14
IP start Aug 2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,523

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY3labs View Post
Just wanted to know - how you are making the salad?
There is a recipe for mock potato salad in one of the recipe threads. It is really good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anabel74 View Post
Hello everyone,
I am new to this site and I am not on IP as of yet. I would like to go to my IP center where I live this week but would like some questions answered first before I go.

I've been on Medifast a few times before and am wondering what the difference is between Ideal Protein and Medifast. I know on Medifast you eat between 800-1000 calories a day. What about IP? I have been reading up on IP for the past couple of days and have seen some amazing results, like losing at least 20lbs in the first month. I am 262 and 6feet tall so I have quite a long journey ahead of me.

I watched a few youtube videos last night and someone mentioned that she had to buy vitamins and I think she said calcium pills. Do you have to buy those from IP or can you get them at your grocery or pharmacy store?

What does a normal day food wise look like?

Any other info would be appreciated. I know I can ask all these question at the IP center but they are normally there to sell their products and I'd just feel better knowing things in advance from people not making money out of it.
You can look at the what re you eating today thread to see many "normal days"
Up in the stickies you can find the most recent phase 1-4 sheets (check the newest posts and work backward b/c older sheets were posted there inthe past.
The supplements are a required part of the plan but many folks have used OTC supplements.

Cals look about the same as Medifast. When I researched both plans, IP was much lower carb.

I lost close to 20 in my first month (my actual spreadsheet is on my laptop & I'm on the ipad right now)

Results vary. Folks with more to lose usually lose more quicker at first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3mis View Post
I go for my first WI today...and im really scared ...if that scale hasn't moved enough imma be >.<!

And i agree 100% weight loss/eating is all mental.....food addiction is a major problem...i mean we all need to eat right...we just need to learn to eat the right things for our bodies to continue being the amazing machines they are. BUT MAN what i wouldn't give for a bowl of ice cream right now! or a freaking piece of bread! lol
Hi! A couple things
The scale doesn't have the power to set your mood. That is all within us.

In order to REALLY succeed, it is about an attitude shift toward food. Focusing on foods you CAN have, rather than missing ones you can't. Spend some time on the recipe threads. It'll help.
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 07-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #15
Member
 
MY3labs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 57

S/C/G: 184/149/150

Height: 5'7"

Default

Lisa - found it, thanks.

Sunflower - thanks, I do feel really good about myself, just waiting for the skin to tighten and I need to do some toning. I'm over 40 so it will take a while.

Backhanded compliment from DH this morning 'you gotten so small, your boobs are almost pancakes.' as I was getting dressed and putting them up where they belong....LOL..... Sure would be nice if we could choose where we loose it from.
__________________
MY3labs is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Daily Chat Tuesday 5/21/2013 lisa32989 Ideal Protein Diet 76 05-22-2013 01:32 AM
IP Daily Chat Tuesday 4/2/2013 lisa32989 Ideal Protein Diet 49 04-03-2013 12:16 AM
IP Daily Chat Tuesday 3/26/2013 lisa32989 Ideal Protein Diet 91 03-27-2013 12:16 AM
IP Daily Chat Tuesday, January 15, 2013 lisa32989 Ideal Protein Diet 80 01-16-2013 12:52 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:17 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2