Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 06:43 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat 6/29 - Sun 6/30

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 06-29-2013, 07:08 AM   #2  

Lisa, you and I are on the same early morning schedule. I can't sleep in past 6 anymore no matter how much I would love to. Always have been a morning person.
We are hosting a big backyard party tonight so I am praying for good weather. I took the day off from work yesterday to get ready for it. I made potato salad but only cooked the potatoes and eggs and waited for my sister to get here last night so she could mix it up and do the tasting. I am really missing my fruit this summer so I had my daughter-in-law make the fruit salad so I was not tempted to do some tasting. Pretty proud of myself for holding strong.
66lbs down and I'm thinking at least 20 more, then I'll see where I am and how I feel. Everyone have a great day.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:24 AM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

Off to my 3rd weigh in this morning! Now to find the lightest clothes I own
Old 06-29-2013, 07:29 AM   #4  
IP Start Date 5/13/13

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 5'7"

We, too, are hosting a big party today for my son's graduation. I'm having it catered and none of the food is IP friendly. Both hubby and I are on OP, he plans to have a cheat day (but he is down 35 lbs in 6 weeks). I'm going to try to be good, but its tough. We let our son choose the menu and he chose a BBQ theme from one of his favorite restaurants, so we have brisket, jumbalaya and BBQ chicken, complete with rice and beans, mac & cheese and cornbread. Yes, I did order a salad, too. I made my homemade sangria, too. Today is going to be TOUGH.

So, if I may, first and foremost, send good vibes for nice weather. And, please send me some willpower to stay OP as much as possible.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangdog View Post
We, too, are hosting a big party today for my son's graduation. I'm having it catered and none of the food is IP friendly. Both hubby and I are on OP, he plans to have a cheat day (but he is down 35 lbs in 6 weeks). I'm going to try to be good, but its tough. We let our son choose the menu and he chose a BBQ theme from one of his favorite restaurants, so we have brisket, jumbalaya and BBQ chicken, complete with rice and beans, mac & cheese and cornbread. Yes, I did order a salad, too. I made my homemade sangria, too. Today is going to be TOUGH.

So, if I may, first and foremost, send good vibes for nice weather. And, please send me some willpower to stay OP as much as possible.
Hang tight hangdog! You are doing great...!
You will feel so much better the next day if the day before was in control. And YOU CAN-DO IT...There will always be another party...but being in control is a one day victory at a time and most of us will have to handle life this way. Now that is a celebration...and a gift to yourself. (Can you see if the BBQ place do a small portion of pulled pork or brisket with no sauce??)
Old 06-29-2013, 07:44 AM   #6  

Quote:

The key to success is planning. What did you plan for/make for yourself?
I've been thru many celebrations OP because I planned for myself and changed my attitude. If I had told myself every celebration was going to be hard, I may have failed at remaining OP. Instead, I planned for special occasions, made IP-compliant recipes so I wouldn't feel left out and celebrated doubly b/c I truly did not feel deprived.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:55 AM   #7  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Good morning! Sending waves of willpower to those have celebrations today and remember, you're celebrating an event or just being able to get together not the food. And if you're like I am when we host, you'll be so busy you'll barely have time to eat anyway!
Old 06-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #8  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

hangdog - Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. If you stay OP that means you will get to goal sooner than if you don't. You've got some great momentum going, it would be a shame to slow that down just for food or a drink. Enjoy the party with your family and friends.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Good morning today is day 3 on IP, no issues, but being a vegetarian I can see that eggs and tofu night for dinner is going to get old. My coach said no to Morningstar grillers... and other veggie burgers. Do other coaches say differently? Also fructose is not allowed in a protein powder is that right? I love Plant Fusion powder. 120 Cal, 2g Fat, 4g Carb, 21g protein, but 4g sugar from fructose.

In reading all the alternative posts others are using Pur Protein that is similar with fructose.

Sending will powder to those party goers! Hubby wants to go out tonight to our normal Sat night bar/restaurant, I'll have my protein home, salad their and I think a seltzer on ice with lemons in it. I would rather a shot of rasp vodka but I'll do my best not to.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:41 AM   #10  
Started IP: May 9, 2013

S/C/G: 201/159/125

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Hang tight hangdog! You are doing great...!
You will feel so much better the next day if the day before was in control. And YOU CAN-DO IT...There will always be another party...but being in control is a one day victory at a time and most of us will have to handle life this way. Now that is a celebration...and a gift to yourself. (Can you see if the BBQ place do a small portion of pulled pork or brisket with no sauce??)
Absolutely, Hangdog! I have to back up 65x65 - restaurant employees I've encountered in my short time on the IP program have been on the IP program (9 weeks) have been quite receptive to requests to "cut the sauce", so to speak. I usually get a smile and a quizzical look however - like they were curious about what kind of diet I was on, IF I wanted to discuss it, which I never offer to do.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:44 AM   #11  
IP Start Date 5/13/13

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
(Can you see if the BBQ place do a small portion of pulled pork or brisket with no sauce??)
Duh, I hadn't thought of that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
The key to success is planning. What did you plan for/make for yourself?
I have my water and Mio and was thinking about Pellegrino - is that IP compliant? As for food, I plan to make a veggie tray with veggies I can have. Other than that, I need to do some thinking.

THANK YOU for all the support!!!!! I know I can do this. One of the nice things about hosting is I am usually busy running around and don't eat much anyways. That should help me resist temptation.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:23 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post
Good morning today is day 3 on IP, no issues, but being a vegetarian I can see that eggs and tofu night for dinner is going to get old. My coach said no to Morningstar grillers... and other veggie burgers. Do other coaches say differently? Also fructose is not allowed in a protein powder is that right? I love Plant Fusion powder. 120 Cal, 2g Fat, 4g Carb, 21g protein, but 4g sugar from fructose.

In reading all the alternative posts others are using Pur Protein that is similar with fructose.
Even some IP products have fructose. Those stats look fine.

Quote:
I have my water and Mio and was thinking about Pellegrino - is that IP compliant? As for food, I plan to make a veggie tray with veggies I can have. Other than that, I need to do some thinking.

THANK YOU for all the support!!!!! I know I can do this. One of the nice things about hosting is I am usually busy running around and don't eat much anyways. That should help me resist temptation.
Pellegrino is a good,choice.
Plain meat, veggies & have a great frozen IP shake (piņa colada, anyone?)
Old 06-29-2013, 11:30 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 229.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Good luck with all the BBQs!

I have a wedding I'm attending at the end of August, I know two months away, but I'm already dreading how I'll make it through. I don't drink alcohol so I'm not worried about that, it's the supper I'm dreading. Mainly because we have to travel far away that I'm trying to think up ways to save myself
So far the raw foods don't do it for me, I just can't do it, but maybe by that time I'll have developed a taste for veggies.... fingers crossed.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:37 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Lisa, thank you for the fructose info. The clinic just called to check up on me, to be sure I was okay. I asked her about fructose and she said no. Its so confusing with different coaches saying different things. Now I just need to figure out the veggie burgers. It should be fine with if its high protein, low carb right?
Old 06-29-2013, 11:48 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Hangdog: If you decide to go with the plain meat I would call the restaurant and ask if they use a sugar-rub.

Many BBQ restaurants use a rub of sugar, salt, and other spices on the meat before it's smoked so even though it looks "plain" or "dry" it still has sugar.
Closed Thread