Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 12:49 PM   #16  
Started IP: 3/20/2013

S/C/G: 292.6/254.2/190

Height: 6'2"

Default I got sick again. Pretty sure it's something w/ IP.

It could be a lack of something in my diet as well, but after two and a half weeks back on this diet (after 6 weeks off) I am feeling the same symptoms again.

The good news, I lost 8 lbs. this week.
The bad news is that the doctor and the coach both think I should go off the diet.

The best news though is how awesome the doctor and coach were -- they seem genuinely concerned about my health, and want to continue to see me while not on IP. The doctor wants me to try to do a modified Paleo diet that models the IP diet -- as in still make sure to get the same veggies, the same restrictions, etc. that aren't part of the paleo diet.

So I am going to try that. It should prove whether it is a lack of something in my diet that causes the issues, or the IP packets themselves. Hopefully everything will work out. I am going to track my nutrition better for a while (which you didn't have to do with IP), and see how it compares to the diet, and hopefully still have great success.

Anyway, I hope to continue to lose weight, and if anyone has any advice, I would appreciate/welcome it.

Last edited by jbwray; 06-27-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:02 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 230.8/199.5/150

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone! I have WI#6 this evening and I am beating myself up over "only" losing 1.2lbs this week. I stayed 100% OP this week and this is my smallest loss yet. As of last week, I was down 17.8 and was really hoping to hit 20 today, but I guess I will hope for it next week! Hope everyone is having a great day

Last edited by amt6; 06-27-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:03 PM   #18  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbwray View Post
they seem genuinely concerned about my health, and want to continue to see me while not on IP. The doctor wants me to try to do a modified Paleo diet that models the IP diet -- as in still make sure to get the same veggies, the same restrictions, etc. that aren't part of the paleo diet.

So I am going to try that. If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate/welcome it.

Anyway, I hope to continue to lose weight, and if anyone has any advice
You should try what JohnP always recommends, Rapid Fatloss by Lyle McDonald. It is basically IP, but with whole foods and no protein supplements. There are some minor differences, but it is surprisingly close to IP. It also takes into account your current BMI and calculates how many grams of protein you should consume in a day. You can buy the handbook online and also you can get access to the online tool.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 229.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning everyone!!!
This is my first post. I'm new IP and new to 3FC!!!

I just want to say thank you so much to this group. Since I found it, only a short week ago, I have been on here every day cruising the recipes and just all the general forums. I grew up in a household where we didn't eat fruits or veggies, so of course, I'm having a hard time with the veggie portion! Thank god for this site I did find the recipe for mashed "potatoes" as well as putting spinach in your drinks.

I'm only on day 8 so I don't think I'll be able to do this forever, but I am hopeful that this is THE program for me WI#1 is tomorrow, so my fingers are crossed for progress. I have stuck to the program 100% and made it through those first few days were backing out seemed sooo easy!
Old 06-27-2013, 01:17 PM   #20  
Started IP: 3/20/2013

S/C/G: 292.6/254.2/190

Height: 6'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
You should try what JohnP always recommends, Rapid Fatloss by Lyle McDonald. It is basically IP, but with whole foods and no protein supplements. There are some minor differences, but it is surprisingly close to IP. It also takes into account your current BMI and calculates how many grams of protein you should consume in a day. You can buy the handbook online and also you can get access to the online tool.
I read a synopsis. Looks very interesting. I wonder if there is a market out there of people who no longer need the book that would like to sell it used? If someone reads this who wants to sell it, let me know.

Thanks for the ideas.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #21  
Started IP 6/12/13

S/C/G: 244/177/150

Height: 5'6"

Does anyone know if I can get Braggs' amino acids at Sprouts or Whole Foods? I live 50 miles away from either of those so I don't want to go unless there is a good chance I'll find it.

I don't like to order for mail delivery...all my mail gets roasted on the way since I live in North Central Texas.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:34 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 229.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Question!!!

My coach said I'm on Phase 1 until I reach 100% weight loss goal, but when I read in the forums, it says by 80% you should phase into the second phase?
Old 06-27-2013, 01:58 PM   #23  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbwray View Post
I read a synopsis. Looks very interesting. I wonder if there is a market out there of people who no longer need the book that would like to sell it used? If someone reads this who wants to sell it, let me know.
Thanks for the ideas.
It was only $29 for the e-book and online tools. It's worth the money if you want to follow the program. Otherwise check on Amazon to see if anyone has a used copy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryssyBee View Post
Question!!!

My coach said I'm on Phase 1 until I reach 100% weight loss goal, but when I read in the forums, it says by 80% you should phase into the second phase?
The 80% is old info. Now most people stay on until they reach goal.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:04 PM   #24  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
There are a few things to consider here...
1) Each of us has our own weight loss cycle. Have you kept track of your weekly losses? If you have, look back and see... was it high in week 1, slightly lower week 2, slightly lower again week 3 and back to high again in week 4? This can be a fairly typical 3 week pattern. High, med, low repeat. And being week 6 for you, you'd be in your low week.
2) Cortisol. That wonderful stress hormone. We produce it between the hours of 2 am- 6am. The hormone that balances the cortisol is produced between 10pm- 2am. If you are not sleeping during these hours you are not producing it. Giving you an overabundance of cortisol... which is sure to make you want to eat more and even if you don't it will keep the weight around.
Other considerations? Water, water, water, water, water!!! Throw some lemon in there to help out too!
Patience. Regardless of what the scale tells you today know that it will tell something better next week. It sucks having to wait for a reward but that doesn't make the reward less sweet. Keep at it and you'll get there.
Boy, did you hit the nail on the head! I am super stressed this week, getting ready for my sister's family to visit. This is the 3rd visit from her since I moved to ND 30 years ago! I usually am the one who travels to see everyone else. The usual excuse from everyone is, "what's in North Dakota?" Me!

I am upping my water intake, which has been the bare minimum. Also, I had high weight loss week 1, low on week 2 & 3, high on week 4 & 5. So, you are right about a pattern. This is all good to know.

My WI this morning reflected a 1 lb weight gain this week, but I have lost inches in the last two weeks. I am pleased with that and not really bothered by the weight gain, as I now know the reasons and can address those, and that I will have plateau weeks as well. So, it's water, water water for me and more sleep ( hopefully!).

Thanks for the great info and support.

Spiritman - congratulations! So happy for you.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:04 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default I asked that question today too..

Quote:
Question!!!

I have seen both 80% and 100% discussed...and figured it was probably client or clinic preference, so I raised that this morning at my WI. (Down 2.6 lbs!)
Was told the guidelines have changed to 80% but this office still feels it's best to reach 100% of goal since there is a rebound in some cases. They prefer to work with me when I get to that stage (and I am OK with that..) but... recognize it has a financial implication for the clinic as well as the client.
Am getting close to my first goal... within 10 lbs of losing 65 by my 65th B-day...(8/26) now! The range for someone my height probably needs me to go down another 10-15lbs. more than that. I am wearing size 6 pants...and XS tops...or size 4s there...(So you know where that last 10-20 lbs is...)

Posted a picture on my profile today from one of the pre-event dinners last month when we were at my nephew's wedding in Birmingham..If I can figure out how to do a series ...to include one from before I began IP, I'll update at some point. Someone took some decent photos last week in Florida...but I don't have any from vacation of me....!

Last edited by 65X65; 06-27-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:40 PM   #26  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Good morning everyone!!!
This is my first post. I'm new IP and new to 3FC!!!

I just want to say thank you so much to this group. Since I found it, only a short week ago, I have been on here every day cruising the recipes and just all the general forums. I grew up in a household where we didn't eat fruits or veggies, so of course, I'm having a hard time with the veggie portion! Thank god for this site I did find the recipe for mashed "potatoes" as well as putting spinach in your drinks.

I'm only on day 8 so I don't think I'll be able to do this forever, but I am hopeful that this is THE program for me WI#1 is tomorrow, so my fingers are crossed for progress. I have stuck to the program 100% and made it through those first few days were backing out seemed sooo easy!
Welcome!

Quote:
Question!!!

I know it is frustrating when things change and when you hear conflicting information. I think this is especially important to have a discussion with your coach or with your support people. You know your situation better than any of us do. I'd say it is really your call but I'm going for 100 % myself.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:43 PM   #27  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Default Cookie Baking Update!

Come on only on page two! It's almost three o'clock

Baked Cookies Again Last Night!
Old 06-27-2013, 03:02 PM   #28  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by amt6 View Post
Hi everyone! I have WI#6 this evening and I am beating myself up over "only" losing 1.2lbs this week. I stayed 100% OP this week and this is my smallest loss yet. As of last week, I was down 17.8 and was really hoping to hit 20 today, but I guess I will hope for it next week! Hope everyone is having a great day
Only? That's awesome. By the way, you might be in what my coach calls a "reshaping" week. Do you feel better? Tighter? (Uh yeah, that last question was a little awkward, but you know what I am getting at).

Quote:
Question!!!

Interesting. My coach says 90% of goal - about 5-6 pounds out from goal weight.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:06 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimnd113 View Post
Does anyone know if I can get Braggs' amino acids at Sprouts or Whole Foods? I live 50 miles away from either of those so I don't want to go unless there is a good chance I'll find it.

I don't like to order for mail delivery...all my mail gets roasted on the way since I live in North Central Texas.
I get mine at Whole Foods. We don't have Sprouts

Quote:
Question!!!

The most recent P1 protocol sheet (and the one previous) both list staying on P1 until 100% to goal. If you are reading older info, that is where you are seeing the conflicting info. The protocol sheets change over time.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:16 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Come on only on page two! It's almost three o'clock

Baked Cookies Again Last Night!

I'm waiting to hear that the results of all this cookie baking is a bun in the oven.

Last edited by Spiritman; 06-27-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Closed Thread