Old 06-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'9"

Default Round 2...hope it sticks this time

Hi Everyone! I need a little motivation going on my second time trying IP. I absolutely loved the diet last time (2 years ago). But once I hit a certain stride I thought all was good and well... 60 lbs lost became 80 lbs gained

So here I go again. It will stick this time. It has to!
blettybloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:58 PM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Good luck to you!

You know the program works. Trust the process, and you know the weight will come off.

You may want to consider using this round of Phase 1 to get into your own head. I am convinced that most of the battle in dieting doesn't happen on the plate, it happens in our heads. Really spend some time figuring out why you went back to old, bad habits. We aren't on this diet because we are naturally thin, and losing the weight doesn't suddenly make us naturally thin - we still have to work at it, every day! Figuring out what your triggers are, why you slip down the slope of bad eating, and what you can do to strengthen your willpower muscle will only help make you that much more successful once you hit maintenance again!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/163/148

Height: 5'4"

Hi and congratulations on your resolve to try again.

I have a question - did you cycle through all 4 phases to maintenance last time or did you go right back to your pre-IP eating habits? I am hopeful that working the entire program (all three phases) would make it less likely to gain the weight back, especially with additional lbs added. After all, we want this to be the LAST diet we are ever on, and I personally would hate to go through this again!!!

Best of luck to you and welcome!
SeattleNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:32 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Good luck, I think maintaining is just as hard as losing.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #5  

Good luck! I agree with scorbett completely! I have ALWAYS been overweight and I am having a harder time in maintenance than I did losing the weight on IP. It is so easy to return to old habits but if you keep your head in the game and stay focused, you will be successful.
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:22 PM   #6  
Fresh start

Height: 5'8"

Welcome back! Good luck to you, you know the program works, it's us that need to follow it to the T to see results
foreveryoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 196.5/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back! It takes a lot of guts to admit that you slid backwards, but, you also have proven that you can lose the weight! Stay in communication on the boards for support and encouragement. We are all on this journey together!
Alamo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #8  
Started IP 1/1/13

S/C/G: 132/See Ticker/118

Hi all, I'm in the same boat! It didn't take long for me to fall back into old, destructive habits and put some (not quite all, yet) of the weight I'd lost back on. I'm totally in agreement with what Scorbett said about trying to focus on the mental aspects rather than just what you eat. I need to understand why I lost focus on eating well because I really did like the foods I was eating while on IP. It just became a slippery slope of one indulgence leading to another until it got to the point where it wasn't an occasional treat anymore. Good luck to the re-starters; I haven't decided when I want to start again, but I will be lurking here for motivation.
PacNW IP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleNP View Post
Hi and congratulations on your resolve to try again.

I have a question - did you cycle through all 4 phases to maintenance last time or did you go right back to your pre-IP eating habits? I am hopeful that working the entire program (all three phases) would make it less likely to gain the weight back, especially with additional lbs added. After all, we want this to be the LAST diet we are ever on, and I personally would hate to go through this again!!!

Best of luck to you and welcome!
I did cycle through to phase 4 but I wasn't exactly at my goal weight yet. I just couldn't afford the diet anymore. So I got down to a weight that I thought I could manage and still lose using exercise and healthy habits. Well, I started running and was actually losing quicker than before. And then I got this horrible cough, couldn't run for about 2 weeks and a nibble here...a nibble there...you get the picture...

Thanks so much everyone! It's great to have this kind of "place to go" for support and feedback from people in the same exact boat as you. I started today so I'm one day closer to losing the 80 I gained over the last 2 years...and hopefully 30more to get to my goal
blettybloop is offline   Reply With Quote