Old 06-16-2013, 12:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Back in the saddle again

Well, I've been off for about a year now.. A year of totally letting myself go, and becoming absolutely disgusted with myself. I went back on protocol on 6/9. It's been difficult to say the least. The summer seems to be the most difficult time for me, I want to enjoy our lake time to the fullest, but I've got to do this and I have to do it right. Tomorrow will be my first weigh in, hoping for decent results.
whisperingshouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:51 AM   #2  
Started IP 5/20/13

S/C/G: 193/175.2/140

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome back! Good luck with your weigh-in!
JRP2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:00 AM   #3  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Have a fun ride!
Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:28 AM   #4  

Keep the focus on what you CAN have and all the benefits, rather than what you are missing.

I've discovered some new likes along the way and they will carry me through maintenance. The other thing I work on remembering (attitude-shift) is this:
Losing the weight is the easy part. I'll also have to learn to maintain it. The work will not be over when I hit goal. This isn't about deprivation but a new, healthier way of life

It is all in the attitude.

Weight loss is a mental challenge, not a physical one.

You can do this! We can do this!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:39 AM   #5  
Starting again 6/9/13

S/C/G: (S)180/(C)171/(G)155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Keep the focus on what you CAN have and all the benefits, rather than what you are missing.

I've discovered some new likes along the way and they will carry me through maintenance. The other thing I work on remembering (attitude-shift) is this:
Losing the weight is the easy part. I'll also have to learn to maintain it. The work will not be over when I hit goal. This isn't about deprivation but a new, healthier way of life

It is all in the attitude.

You can do this! We can do this!
I think that is a great point - focus on what you CAN have rather than what you can't. What would you name as yout TOP 5 CAN haves? This might be fun to see what others have to say as well!

Today is officially a week for me and I weigh in tomorrow!
UNDHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:55 AM   #6  
Started IP 03/06/2013

S/C/G: 198.8/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

This is so true, isn't it! So many questions to ask ourselves: why do we eat? When we are hungry, are we hungry for food/nutrition or are we hungry for something else? Food always seems to be associated with fun: If I can't eat, what can I do? For myself, I'm taking the time during my IP journey to try to answer these questions. I find that writing in a journal about my feelings around food can be really helpful. Food is such a toughie. When you quit smoking, you never have to look at a cigarette again. When you want to lose weigh/be healthy, you still have to face food. It comes down to making the right choice daily; multiple times a day. It's hard, but yes, we can do it!
WillowVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #7  
Fresh start

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowVee View Post
This is so true, isn't it! So many questions to ask ourselves: why do we eat? When we are hungry, are we hungry for food/nutrition or are we hungry for something else? Food always seems to be associated with fun: If I can't eat, what can I do? For myself, I'm taking the time during my IP journey to try to answer these questions. I find that writing in a journal about my feelings around food can be really helpful. Food is such a toughie. When you quit smoking, you never have to look at a cigarette again. When you want to lose weigh/be healthy, you still have to face food. It comes down to making the right choice daily; multiple times a day. It's hard, but yes, we can do it!
Yep, it's a choice... I choose to take or put down the food... I have the control, not my hands neither my mouth... A lot it's mental... It really helps to talk to ourselves what do we want, what is our personal goals, are we doing this because... questions like this really keep me focus
foreveryoung is offline   Reply With Quote