Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 198/198/145

Height: 5"8"

I restarted on IP on Monday, and this morning I weighed myself - I have officially lost the 5 lbs I gained after stopping the program last November. Super exicted to be back on and seeing the same level of results the last time I did this. 140 Here i come!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2013, 10:44 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 303/144.8/145

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday fellow IPers

I have a interesting challenge facing me today....it is my b-day. I want to treat myself to all my favorites, and yet I don't want to go off plan now that I am finally seeing the scale moving the right direction again...

Here is wishing for an extra dose of WILL POWER to stay on track today for everyone who is in need of it
Old 06-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #18  

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
Good morning everyone! This is the end of week 1 on phase 3 for me. It's going well. However, I definitely see that phase 1 was much easier -- no deviations allowed. Now that real life is laying out before me, I fear myself and my inability to make good choices. We shall see! In the meantime, I look forward to my breakfast and have begun to relax a bit on my 2 cup measuring to help when I'm hungry. And I'm still losing a little!!

Hope everyone had a great week!
Oh my gosh, I'm right there with you! I'm on day 2 now and I'm just obsessing about my calories fearing that I've figured something wrong! I feel more "filled out" after just one breakast on P3..... have you experienced this? The scale doesn't show any gain,I just feel 'heavier'.....
Old 06-07-2013, 11:14 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 235/180 (start IP)/TICKER/145

Height: 5"5

somedaysthank goodness that the worst of my TOM cravings are over! I hope. Anyways, I'm going grocery shopping today for the first time since starting IP 11 days ago. I'm actually pretty excited about it since I've gotten so many ideas from this forum. What are some shopping cart staples that you guys couldn't live without since starting IP ????
Old 06-07-2013, 11:19 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 174/130/130

Height: 5'3"

So my DH was so impressed by my progress pics that he wants to start the diet on Monday! (they are in my profile if anyone wants to see) I am still not at my goal yet, but 100% more comfortable in my owns skin, except for those few times my mind does not agree. It will be great not to have to cook separate dinners anymore, although it did help me to learn how to resist foods that are put right in front of me. He's also been showing my pic to the people at work. He's so proud of me it's adorable. (although before the pics he didn't realize how much I have lost. I think its different since he sees me daily)
It feels great being able to inspire people, like so many of you have done for me. I love this site!
Old 06-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #21  
IP start 4/17/13

S/C/G: 259/213.6/146

Height: 5' 9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakofday71 View Post

I have a interesting challenge facing me today....it is my b-day. I want to treat myself to all my favorites, and yet I don't want to go off plan now that I am finally seeing the scale moving the right direction again...

Here is wishing for an extra dose of WILL POWER to stay on track today for everyone who is in need of it
Happy birthday!!!

Well have an awesome day knowing that the best present you can give you self is what you have already accomploshed -a new you ! And also giving yourself a straight line to your goal and not a scenic route
Old 06-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 230.8/199.5/150

Height: 5'2

Morning everyone! I am now in week 4 and am down 12.9lbs! I am SO excited!! I went for my WI #3 yesterday and was down 3.5 and my coach reminded me that during my orientation meeting, I told her all that I wanted to do was lose 5 lbs in the first month. Well, I have WELL exceeded that and I have only been OP 3 weeks!!

I do have a totally irrational fear that I'm wondering if anyone can relate. My fear right now is that the weight is just going to STOP coming off. My first week I was down -5, second -4, third -3.5. I'm afraid that I'll hit a point that my body is just used to this way of eating and say no more weight loss! I know that it will slow down, I just fear that it will stop altogether as it has in the past. Anyone else have this completely irrational fear?

Have a great Friday (rainy here in CT) and weekend!

Last edited by amt6; 06-07-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #23  
Started IP 04/08/13

S/C/G: HW/387/SWIP/267/see ticker/170

Height: 5"8.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomi View Post
Tip 'o the day - make sure that lid is on tight before you shake your drink like it's a maraca at Carnivale. Aaaargh.
Lol!! This made me laugh, bit it's very true! I think we've all flubbed with that dang shaker bottle!

FYI for anyone on Alternatives! Nashua Nutrition has Free Shipping on orders over 49.99 with promo code:
TODAY49. Today only!

In other news I have my week#8 weigh-in this morning. Hoping for a loss. Proud to say that I've made it farther on IP my second time than I did a year ago! Willpower is a great thing!

Happy Friday!!
Old 06-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 290/290/200

Height: 5'6"

So I'm on week 1 of phase 1, 5 days into it, and last night was the first night I was home alone - with the pantry. I've been keeping busy every other night since I got OP. And I cheated - ate Doritos. My goal today is to be very diligent. I'm just concerned with cheating just 5 days into it, what does that mean for my willpower and ability to stay OP?

Any advice on cheating?

I also know the trigger was that I'd been talking ont he phone with a friend about drama at work. I need to either not talk about it or find a better way to self-soothe when I do, than food.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #25  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Happy Friday everyone. WI today didn't show anymore movement but I think it is water retention from too much salty foods this week. Cloths are fitting better and still fielding lots of compliments from co-workers. So many people have come up to me and asked about the Diet I'm on but once they hear all the restrictions, they bow out and say they can't commit to something like that. They can't give up that much.....O'well, then you'll still look like that and I'll continue to feel better. I keep telling them that "Skinny taste better"
I'm adopting your quote "Skinny tastes better". Love it Mr. Texan!!

Way to go inspiring others!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
Good morning everyone! This is the end of week 1 on phase 3 for me. It's going well. However, I definitely see that phase 1 was much easier -- no deviations allowed. Now that real life is laying out before me, I fear myself and my inability to make good choices. We shall see! In the meantime, I look forward to my breakfast and have begun to relax a bit on my 2 cup measuring to help when I'm hungry. And I'm still losing a little!!

Hope everyone had a great week!
Debra - Give yourself some credit - you made a great choice to take control of your weight and get healthy. You made great choices in Phase 1 to stick to the program and lose 72 lbs!!! You made a great choice to continue to stay with the program and phase off. You made great choices by coming on here and not only learning from others but sharing your experience so others can learn from you - paying it forward!

You might examine where those fears are coming from and if it's even the truth. You might surprise yourself. You're doing really great and I'm so impressed with your success!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky536 View Post
So my DH was so impressed by my progress pics that he wants to start the diet on Monday! (they are in my profile if anyone wants to see) I am still not at my goal yet, but 100% more comfortable in my owns skin, except for those few times my mind does not agree. It will be great not to have to cook separate dinners anymore, although it did help me to learn how to resist foods that are put right in front of me. He's also been showing my pic to the people at work. He's so proud of me it's adorable. (although before the pics he didn't realize how much I have lost. I think its different since he sees me daily)
It feels great being able to inspire people, like so many of you have done for me. I love this site!
Your progress pics are very impressive and it's great to see you inspired your hubby to start getting healthy too! How very sweet of him to show off your picture.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post
Oh my gosh, I'm right there with you! I'm on day 2 now and I'm just obsessing about my calories fearing that I've figured something wrong! I feel more "filled out" after just one breakast on P3..... have you experienced this? The scale doesn't show any gain,I just feel 'heavier'.....
My first p3 breakfast put me straight to sleep and I only ate half the fruit.
Can you say carb sensitive?
I'll adjust for tomorrow. I may need more protein & ease back into the carbs
Old 06-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #27  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomi View Post
Tip 'o the day - make sure that lid is on tight before you shake your drink like it's a maraca at Carnivale. Aaaargh.
I have done this myself - NO bueno!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthayer View Post
Start of thrid day on IP! Frist day was easy not hungry all at, even had a hard time getting all my food in. Yesterday I was hungry, slight headache but I really felt okay.....BUT I just realized I ate an extra packet! I wrote it all down and kept track and still ate an extra packet. Not really sure how I did that???? I have read on thi forum about using an extra packet if needed etc., will this kill my frist weeks weightloss? Thanks for the help
I regularly had 4 packets in my first 10 days. I still do sometimes, and if you look in my signature line, I am still losing weight. I have a lot of muscle so I find that I need it often. If you have an extra packet, just make sure that it is nonrestricted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakofday71 View Post

I have a interesting challenge facing me today....it is my b-day. I want to treat myself to all my favorites, and yet I don't want to go off plan now that I am finally seeing the scale moving the right direction again... Here is wishing for an extra dose of WILL POWER to stay on track today for everyone who is in need of it
I have my birthday coming up too and I want the same thing. Have you thought about an alternative way to celebrate? I am considering a facial and massage.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #28  

Am going to make the muffin recipe today.
Thanks for sharing
Old 06-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Happy Friday!

NSV: Totally not true (look at my ticker) but I got 5 comments yesterday from patients at work..."you're melting/shrinking/disappearing."

Sure was great to hear though!
But you are shrinking! Be so very proud of yourself.

My pants are now two sizes too small despite slow as a snail scale losses the past couple weeks and an increase in freaking body fat %!

The "bad" coach had the nerve to say stalls are not typical on IP and I MUST be doing something wrong. I was like....uh, hello?! Not for people on Three Fat Chicks, I told her, it can totally be a normal part of the process. (She doesn't even know this resource exists).

This woman is so bad / she should not be coaching at all. What an utter disappointment. I am doing well with my weight loss progress despite her. Thank you all for being here because I wouldn't have known how the heck to do this program if it were not for you all.

Last edited by peaches17; 06-07-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:08 PM   #30  
Started IP 11/28/12

Happy Friday!

Another NSV this week! I had to literally pinch myself to believe it. I purchased some shorts about 3-4 years ago as a "goal" to help me lose weight. The shorts are a size 12. I can't even remember a time I was in a size 12 - maybe when I was 19 or 20???

Anyways, I saw the shorts stuffed way back in the dark holes of my chest of drawers with the tags still on it. As I pulled them out to check the size I thought I would go ahead and try it on as a benchmark to see how much more I needed to lose to get into these shorts.

To my amazement the shorts easily pulled up, then buttoned, then zipped. Wha??????

A size 12!!?? No way. I checked the tag again that was stapled to the outside of the shorts and sure enough it said size 12. So just in case they tagged it wrong - I checked the inside of the shorts to see what that tag said. Size 12 again. It's safe to assume it was a size 12 now.

The shorts were a bit snug in my stomach in rear end so maybe in about 7 more lbs lost I can wear the shorts out in public. A-Mazing!!!
Closed Thread