Old 06-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/start IP 159.8/134.8/130

Height: 5'3"

Question I should be on Phase 2

But I'm too nervous to give up Phase 1, I think because I'm so used to it, I have a routine down and most of all because it works. I'm afraid to go back to any type of "normal" eating because I worry that, left to my own devices, I will gain. I also feel like although Im about at goal I still look "fat" and still need to diet. Why so many head games?? Its so frustrating.
Has anyone else felt this way and how have you dealt with it?
Happymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:31 AM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happymomof2 View Post
But I'm too nervous to give up Phase 1, I think because I'm so used to it, I have a routine down and most of all because it works. I'm afraid to go back to any type of "normal" eating because I worry that, left to my own devices, I will gain. I also feel like although Im about at goal I still look "fat" and still need to diet. Why so many head games?? Its so frustrating.
It's totally normal! So is still seeing yourself as "Fat". I've been in maintenance for 3 months and I still get body dysmorphia, I look down and I don't see myself much differently than I was before starting IP last year. I have to intentionally acknowledge that I started in a size 18 and I am now a size 8! That isn't in my head, THAT is reality. You have to talk yourself off the ledge with hard logic and facts

When I was preparing to phase off, it helped to plan things out ahead of time so that I wouldn't feel blindsided. Going into Phase 2 I knew I'd have to eat more protein so I planned out doubling P1 dinner recipes so I'd have leftovers for lunch. I cooked a bunch of chicken breasts ahead of time so they'd be ready to grab out of the fridge to add to salad or heat up with some WF bbq sauce and veggies for a quick lunch. Then while in P2 I used that time to plan my P3 breakfasts You CAN do it, just have to take the leap!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #3  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

I'm starting P2 on Jun 15. I'm still about 5lbs from goal and less than 2 weeks to get there so was a little concerned also. My coach keeps telling me P2 is a weight loss phase also and I shouldn't worry about it. I'm not sure I shouldn't lower my goal a bit or just plan on staying on P2 for more than 2 weeks as I can still grab pretty good handfuls of fat around my middle.

I totally understand the body dysmorphia. If I look in a mirror I still see the fat person. It's only when I walk by mirrored glass on a building when I'm not expecting to see my old self that I actually see the new one and think he's looking pretty sharp.
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #4  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

I was nervous too before phasing off but I've been in maintenance since April 18th and still doing great. It was hard to switch as I really liked the structure of P1 but P2 and P3 are not THAT much different. And even now in maintenance I'm not finding it hard at all. I also get what you're saying about not seeing the new you yet. That will take some time but it will come.
Cheekyskeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

I could have typed your post! I'm going through the EXACT same thing right now! My original goal was 140, but I didn't like the way I looked, so I changed my goal to 130. I'm 4 lbs away from that goal now and am very aprehensive about switching to maintenance. I'm just so used to eating this way, and to tell you the truth, I really like it.

I'm just so afraid I'm going to gain it all back :-( as I have little, to no restraint.
Suchawittygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #6  
IP rebooting

S/C/G: 276/ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happymomof2 View Post
I had a really hard time making myself go to phase 2 and an even harder time starting phase three. I literally laid in bed for an hour so I wouldn't have to eat quite yet. While I trust the process it has been hard after 9 months to move on. You can do it and it does get easier. I have been on phase 3 for almost a week and I now love being able to have that big breakfast- honestly though I am struggling with the fact that I am eating so much calorie wise for my day. Working on knowing its ok and 1400 calories is not a big deal. Good luck!
blessedamberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/130/135

Height: 5'1

I started maintenance last week, and to be honest, with the help of my amazing coach, my weight goes BOTH up and down but never anything more than 2 pounds either way. It does get easier as you start to learn what to eat and when. You can do it!!!
Canadiandieter is offline   Reply With Quote