3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Official "Ideal Protein Alternative Plan Phase 1" (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/282959-official-ideal-protein-alternative-plan-phase-1-a.html)

rainbowsmiles 06-04-2013 01:57 PM

Official "Ideal Protein Alternative Plan Phase 1"

Is anyone doing the actual IP Alternative Plan....

I am not talking about using alternative products as a substitute for IP foods....

I am talking about the Official IP Protocol Alternative Plan??

Skinnyjeangirl 06-04-2013 02:30 PM

No... but tell us more!

rainbowsmiles 06-04-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skinnyjeangirl (Post 4762665)
No... but tell us more!

nothing to tell....i was thinking about trying it and wondered if anyone else had gone that route and wanted to know their success.

kmerz568 06-04-2013 02:43 PM

I am in my second week on the Alternate plan. I started IP in late March, and though I was losing weight consistantly, I felt terrible. Was never able to get past feeling dizzy and had really low energy. These problems combined with the fact that at the end of June I'll be going to Hawaii for 3 weeks where I'll be very active every day, compelled me to switch. I didn't want to go off plan while on vacation, but would never be able to keep up with my family if I wasn't getting more food.

My weigh-in last week had me down 1 lb and 1.5 inches. My initial reaction was disappointment, but I've gotten past by reminding myself that having a way to steadily lose weight and learning to be healthy trumps instant fix.

ragdoll74 06-04-2013 02:45 PM

I think Nola was doing the alternate phase one. She's a maintainer now, not sure if she checks in on the other threads that often.

kmerz568 06-04-2013 02:47 PM

Forgot to add that I am feeling MUCH better since switching. :) The hardest part is the mental games of being fearful of adding in foods I had just trained myself to be forbidden.

2Poles1Girl 06-04-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles (Post 4762668)
nothing to tell....i was thinking about trying it and wondered if anyone else had gone that route and wanted to know their success.

A former colleague does the alt plan and was losing and felt good. I don't know what her weekly losses were but she was going down in sizes in a relatively short amount of time.

lisa32989 06-04-2013 03:36 PM

Here is the link for the alternative plan
For newcomers, this is different than using alternative packets.
This plan is for diabetics and people with other medical contraindications for being on the strict IP.

tallgirl231 06-04-2013 03:42 PM

I've been on the alternate plan since I began mid Feb. Averaging 2 pound loss per week. Not as fast as some others, but I feel better and I think it is helping me to understand what I will need to do in maintenance. I also was afraid of not getting enough food for my body size and being dizzy etc. I was a diabetic when I began this plan but I'm off all of the metformin and have reduced some other meds as well.

tallgirl231 06-04-2013 03:43 PM

I should also add that I'm the alternate/alternate plan. Mostly proti-diet and now delicious Quest bars.

rainbowsmiles 06-04-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallgirl231 (Post 4762733)
I've been on the alternate plan since I began mid Feb. Averaging 2 pound loss per week. Not as fast as some others, but I feel better and I think it is helping me to understand what I will need to do in maintenance. I also was afraid of not getting enough food for my body size and being dizzy etc. I was a diabetic when I began this plan but I'm off all of the metformin and have reduced some other meds as well.

thank you!!!!! this is what i was looking for. that is great news about your medicine!! keep up the good work!

tallgirl231 06-04-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles (Post 4762742)
thank you!!!!! this is what i was looking for. that is great news about your medicine!! keep up the good work!

Thanks and good luck to you if you decide to go with the alternate plan! :)

safetylady 06-04-2013 05:54 PM

My daughter in-law is following the alternative plan. She choose it because of her level of exercise. She wanted to and has lost a little over 10 pounds for the upcoming wedding in two weeks. She was very successful with the plan.

Suchawittygal 06-04-2013 10:39 PM

My husband was doing the Alternative IP plan. He is Type 1 Diabetic and it worked well for him. he lost 25 lbs.

JennyHar 07-08-2013 01:02 PM

Is this alternative plan something new? I had been on the original plan and lost about 25 pounds. I am so upset with myself for gaining it back. I just did a major move and stressed out and ate and ate and ate all my original bad habit stuff. So here I am ready to start over but I cannot afford to get back on it with the prices. Any suggestions? I'm ready to lose a good 20 again :)