3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Official "Ideal Protein Alternative Plan Phase 1"

Old 02-28-2014, 07:01 PM   #31

S/C/G: 163/131/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 50 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222special View Post
I was wondering if there is a plan that just uses real food as an alternative to the ip products . I was on the ip program and reached my goal but I am finding it difficult to find anything for the maintenance part of it. Worse yet I'm noticing that the weight/fat is coming back. I cannot afford to go back on the program is there a link or thread that can help me do this. I'm new to this so I'm hoping this goes through. I'd appreciate any help I can get.
You don't need any products for the maintenance part - that's why it's lifelong maintenance... That being said - use MyFitnessPal.com faithfully so you can figure out your ratio of fats to carbs at lunch & dinner.
Trick two: Go crazy at Breakfast only - make yourself a pizza, eat spaghetti with parmesan, etc. BUT DON"T FORGET TO MEASURE PORTION SIZES!!!

I use Vega protein powder mix for a smoothie with water in Tropic Tango for snacks at home, and on the go, I take celery & a chunk of cheese, or a little tub of greek yogourt plain with a packet of stevia, or a Curves Chocolate Protein meal bar (1/2 cost of IP and high in fibre and protein - about the same calories).

You can use real food for your snacks - just be aware of what time of day and keep the carb snack for evening or mid morning, protein snack for mid afternoon.

Keeping those fats & carbs separate is the BIGGEST part of success now! You can do it, it just takes a bit of planning. You go, girl (msg me if you need help or examples of what I eat in a day)

Liana

At goal or below since March 5, 2014
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:09 PM   #32

S/C/G: 163/131/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 50 yrs old

Thumbs up Alternative Phases

Yes gals, I did the Alternative Phases 1-3 because after the first couple of months or so, I didn't lose weight on regular phase 1 - I just got really constipated and ill with no energy. My body did way better with a bit of fruit, dairy, and higher carb choice. I lost about 2 lbs a week and felt a lot better and my digestive system worked better too.
I have never had a blood sugar problem so my coach and I just thought we would try it to see what happened. The calorie count of the regular phases was too low for my body to handle and I'm glad I did the alternate.

I'd suggest it to anyone who needs a shakeup - you can always go back to the regular plan every other week and it will still work.

I don't know about the ketosis part, but I still lowered bodyfat percentages and inches - now wearing size 2 & 4 skinny jeans again, so I know it works.

At goal or below since March 5, 2014
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:33 PM   #33

Hello Everyone-
I'm new to the forum and am interested in the IP Diet. My sister just started it but I was a little shocked by the start up price. At reviewing the alternative I think I can come pretty close..we will see. Another concern I had is I do Crossfit
workouts which are pretty intense and I do them 5 times weekly-I am not sure if the lunch will get me through the workout. Any advice ?
Thank you1
vrboone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:55 PM   #34

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrboone8 View Post
Hello Everyone-
I'm new to the forum and am interested in the IP Diet. My sister just started it but I was a little shocked by the start up price. At reviewing the alternative I think I can come pretty close..we will see. Another concern I had is I do Crossfit
workouts which are pretty intense and I do them 5 times weekly-I am not sure if the lunch will get me through the workout. Any advice ?
Thank you1
You will want to post this in the Alternative Products thread. This thread is the Alternative version of the IP plan for diabetics. It adds one fruit or grain item at each meal to keep out of ketosis. Confusing because the terms are so similar!!

But YES, many, many people do IP using alternative products at the lower cost and without a coach and are equally successful!

The first few weeks on IP it us not advised to do any exercise as you are adjusting to a dramatically lower caloric in take. Then after 3 weeks or so, many are able to add in light exercise that does not raise heart rate too much. Even at that, it is advisable to add an extra unrestricted packet (protein meal item) or an egg or two. The in take on IP is just too too low to sustain that level of exercise!

Met Goal Aug 2013
Rebooted Summer 2014

Last edited by JLUS : 03-30-2014 at 08:56 PM.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:59 AM   #35

S/C/G: 169/162.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Cool Supplements? Help!

I did IP a while back but this time I am going to try it on my own using alternatives. Are the supplements considered a MUST? I'm having a hard time finding them.

Thanks in advance!
Got2benow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:21 AM   #36

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2benow View Post
I did IP a while back but this time I am going to try it on my own using alternatives. Are the supplements considered a MUST? I'm having a hard time finding them.

Thanks in advance!
You want to post this in the Alternative Products That Will Work in P1...

This thread is for an Alternative IP plan for diabetics and others who cannot go into Ketosis for health reasons. See my post above.

Many get them confused so no problem... Just repost in the other thread and also Daily Chat for more responses!

Met Goal Aug 2013
Rebooted Summer 2014

Last edited by JLUS : 04-08-2014 at 11:22 AM.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:08 AM   #37

S/C/G: starting215/Current182/Goal160

Height: 5'8

Hello everyone! I'm new to this site, Am currently on phase one of IP..
well.
Before I started I was working out everyday, eating 1500-2100 calories a day.
Now I'm 24 years old.. and Reallllly active.
So I've been on this for 2 weeks now.. Honestly.. It's been the worst 2 weeks of my life..
First of all, I work 9 hours a day in a busy oil rig camp.. So i'm going,going, going all day. And to go from 2000 down to 900 calories a day has been hard on my not only psychically but mentally as well. I toughed it out for 3 days. I didn't really workout. I was so exhausted and miserable to the point of tears (which is far from the real me). I went from 183 - 179. On the 4th day. I had enough and had a "real meal" (shepherds pie and Brussels sprouts) only the see the next day I gained 2 pounds.. Now since then i've been up and down, It's seems I can't get passed the 3rd day without being absolutely drained and just giving up just so I could feel normal.
Now, has anyone else been through this on IP and has made the switch to alternative IP?
I glanced over the alternative plan, I think I would MUCH rather like that plan.. I'm dying without fruit!
I'm so beyond miserable and at this point would much rather be fat then angry at the world all the time. I liked it SO much when I was working hard towards it myself in the gym, I was ALWAYS happy. But I plateaued at 184-187 for 2 months.. Hence why I've picked up this diet.

SO sorry for the long ramble. But is what i'm going through what you all go through?
Thanks for taking a minute to read this!

-Sharise xx
sharisekayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:02 AM   #38
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /150

Height: 5'5"

Shanise
You keep hitting the ketosis flu stage but them the carbs you eat make you feel temporarily better but don't help you move thru it.

To get all the IP benefits, tough it out and get in ketosis. Back off on any workouts other than short gentle walks until your body has adapted to ketosis (2-3 weeks).
Otherwise, there are much less expensive plans. You'll lose slower but maybe more tolerable for you.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:01 PM   #39

S/C/G: 250/247.8/170

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Hello everyone! I'm transferring from original phase 1 to alternative phase 2. I like eating real food and it helps me to learn to eat balance (something I'm terrible at). So I was wondering if anyone lost all his or her weight this way? I can't wait to start working out again! I feel so much better already (first day done :-) )
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.