3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Official "Ideal Protein Alternative Plan Phase 1"

Old 07-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #16
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

The alternate phase 1 for diabetics plan is not new, it's been around a while.

If you want to do either the regular or alternative phase 1 using store bought items (alternative items) you can check out some of the threads here.
Alternative Reviews Vol 1
Quest Bar as an alternative

I used a lot of items from Nashuanurtition.com and also some store bought items. It was about 1/3 the cost of the IP products. I still used the actual IP supplements though as I thought they were a good quality and worth the money.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:30 PM   #17

S/C/G: 170/159.3/135

Height: 5'2

I know everyone is different but I wish there was more info on the diff in weight loss from phase 1 reg and phase 1 alternative.

I looked at the alternate sheet and OH, to have a serving of fruit or yogurt. How yummy! I love fruits way more than veggies although I understand veggies are still imp. in the alternative plan.
BusyMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #18
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I found a plant-based protein supplement that appears to be similar to IP in calories, fat, carbs, and protein. Anyone had experience with this brand/product? https://shop.myvega.com/products/veg...one-shake.html

Restarted IP on Oct. 19, 2013
HW: 268 in 2009
sekc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #19
Restart IP 10/19/2013

Default GNC brand Alternative to IP?

Does this look similar to IP shakes?
http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12104889

Old 07-13-2013, 11:53 AM   #20
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

This thread is for the alternative plan, rather than for alternate products.

It gets confusing, especially to newcomers. The alternative plan allows fruit and dairy and keeps you OUT of Ketosis.

Here is the thread for alternative product questions/discussion
Alternative Reviews Vol 1
Old 07-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #21
Restart IP 10/19/2013

[quote=lisa32989;4792089]This thread is for the alternative plan, rather than for alternate products.

It gets confusing, especially to newcomers. The alternative plan allows fruit and dairy and keeps you OUT of Ketosis.

Oops! I'm sorry! Thank you for the link

Old 10-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #22

Hey All, I lost 50lbs with the regular IP protocol. I switched to the Alternative plan because I am working out at the gym to get ready for ski season. Not exercising for 3.5 months was just weird to me. But I did it.

I have not seen the scale budge since I've been on the AP. If you are not in ketosis, then how does your body know to burn fat? I have been on a weight loss stall for about a month now and I'm getting very frustrated. I have 25lbs to go and I just want it GONE! UGH.

Any advice? I know the weight loss will be slower, and I am doing 30 min of strength training so I am building muscle, but at what point will the body say, "Okay new muscles, start burning calories!" Or I wonder how many weeks it will take for my body to adjust to the increase of carbs and calories and the exercise 3x a week. I've been sore and tired. And have three kids.

I know I sound like a complainer, but after so many weeks of great success, and then a plateau, I'm just beside myself! I am hovering over the 200 mark. I, mentally, need to break through that 200lbs barrier.
jcrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #23
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

How long on AP?
Old 10-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #24

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyHar View Post
Is this alternative plan something new? I had been on the original plan and lost about 25 pounds. I am so upset with myself for gaining it back. I just did a major move and stressed out and ate and ate and ate all my original bad habit stuff. So here I am ready to start over but I cannot afford to get back on it with the prices. Any suggestions? I'm ready to lose a good 20 again
Please note, many people confuse the alternative plan with using alternative products. What rainbow was asking about was the official IP plan for diabetics.
If your main concern is finacial you are probably looking for info about alternative products. There is much info about this on the site including in the stickies on the daily or weekend post each day.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:03 PM   #25

S/C/G: 256/201/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Yes NashuaNutrition is an excellent source of alternative products for this program. The IP lady I check in with stocks Health Wise products for those who are maintenancing. I used the Health Wise prod. for my second round in loosing because it was cheaper and had great success with it. Now I find that the Health Smart and Protidiet on Nashua Nutrition are identical even the images on the box just a titled differently. I KNEW there had to be alternative products for IP. There can never be just one company that holds all the cards someone somewhere will have the same thing.
Dtnt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:13 PM   #26

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtnt2000 View Post
Yes NashuaNutrition is an excellent source of alternative products for this program. The IP lady I check in with stocks Health Wise products for those who are maintenancing. I used the Health Wise prod. for my second round in loosing because it was cheaper and had great success with it. Now I find that the Health Smart and Protidiet on Nashua Nutrition are identical even the images on the box just a titled differently. I KNEW there had to be alternative products for IP. There can never be just one company that holds all the cards someone somewhere will have the same thing.
This post us about the IP Alternative Plan designed for Diabetics to use IP products and protocol but with some changes so they do not enter ketosis.

You want to post your info on the Alternative Products thread for those following the protocol but NOT buying IP products. There are TONS of products that fit IP nutritional guidelines but can be purchased elsewhere such as those in your post.

Met Goal Aug 2013
Rebooted Summer 2014

JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:43 PM   #27

S/C/G: 256/201/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
This post us about the IP Alternative Plan designed for Diabetics to use IP products and protocol but with some changes so they do not enter ketosis.

You want to post your info on the Alternative Products thread for those following the protocol but NOT buying IP products. There are TONS of products that fit IP nutritional guidelines but can be purchased elsewhere such as those in your post.
Sorry I'm still learning how to post and reply. My statement was in a reply to someone else. Now now trying the quote thing to see if that is how I was supposed to do it. Still new sorry.
Dtnt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:50 PM   #28

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtnt2000 View Post
Sorry I'm still learning how to post and reply. My statement was in a reply to someone else. Now now trying the quote thing to see if that is how I was supposed to do it. Still new sorry.
Not a problem... Just wanted you and others to realize this thread is not about alternative "products" but rather an actual IP Alternative plan for diabetics. They are easily and often confused!!

Met Goal Aug 2013
Rebooted Summer 2014

JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:14 PM   #29

I have been struggling to stay on plan with IP
I think I will try the alternative plan and see if I can do better at
sticking to the plan-I enjoy exercising so this may work out better for me!
I felt like I had died and gone to heaven when I ate my first piece of fruit this morning (Last time I ate fruit was at thanksgiving before I started IP)
I know my losses may be slower but if I stick to it and lose weight
its worth it!

Highest weight-March 2013 Started IP Nov 30,2013 @ 209lbs.
I'm not telling you it's going to be easy-I'm telling you it's going to be worth it!!!
We can do this!!!
mckaren4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:15 PM   #30

I was wondering if there is a plan that just uses real food as an alternative to the ip products . I was on the ip program and reached my goal but I am finding it difficult to find anything for the maintenance part of it. Worse yet I'm noticing that the weight/fat is coming back. I cannot afford to go back on the program is there a link or thread that can help me do this. I'm new to this so I'm hoping this goes through. I'd appreciate any help I can get.
222special is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.