Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #31  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Hoping everyone has a great OP day.

I found Okra Chips in my local store and was wondering what everyone else thought about them. Ingredients are: okra, canola oil, sea salt and dextrin.
To me the nutrition facts look nearly identical to raw okra with the exception of added fat these have 120 calories per serving of which 25 are from fat? I was thinking that a pack of these in the car would help round out my 'emergency kit'

Side note although I think I am mostly over the migraine I have had since Sunday morning, I have been nausea and chilled all morning. I am pushing as much water as I can.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #32  
IP Start Date 5/13/13

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 5'7"

After 13 long days with no scale movement (some of you may gave read my "Frustrated with Results" thread), I woke up today and 3 lbs magically melted off my body in the last 24 hours! What a relief! Praying to the Woosh fairy for another visit tonight!!!!

Last edited by hangdog; 06-04-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 192.6/179/140

Height: 5'5"

Default 2nd time around.

Hi Ladies I'm Back for the second time around, I'm back to my original weight less 3 pounds and a sick thyroid that has some masses on it. But after some breakdowns and struggling LOL! I'm ready to fight back.
Let's go!
Old 06-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #34  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by amt6 View Post
Question: My 3 week weigh in is Thursday and my coach warned me that weeks 3 and 4 tend to be lower losses (or no losses). Have others experienced this? Do you rebound and get into a slower-than-week-1, but steady loss afterwards? Thanks!
Yes, you will have some weeks where losses slow, usually they do fall in the Week 3-4 range since you lose SO MUCH, SO FAST the first 2 weeks. But never fear, what goes up ALWAYS goes down if you stick to the sheet. Seriously, don't let any little blips get you down - slowdowns are just your body setting itself up for a big WHOOSH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEguarantee View Post
Day 15 with alternatives- down 12.6lbs! My belt is also a hole tighter today, and my shoes even feel bigger!
I have a wedding I'm going to Saturday... I think I'm going to keep a bar in my purse in case there are no suitable meats and hopefully there will be some veggies so I can munch down on some celery and tomatoes!
I'm so motivated to stay OP and not deviate at all. Thanks for all of your encouragement here!
Good planning keeping a side snack - just be careful for melting bars in the purse (don't want to get smudges on nice wedding clothes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyMaggies View Post
This week is rough for me so far.

I'm. So. Hungry.
I'm so hungry, I'm so hungry, I'm so hungry.

I haven't been this hungry since I started IP six weeks ago.

Argghhhhhh. 90 minutes until snack time...
LOL - I remember my biggest hunger pangs came either:
1. Around TOM
2. Right before a Big Whoosh
Hang in there - have some extra salad. I was known to be 'looser' in my spinach & cucumber measurements when it suited me (aka, when "The Hunger" struck). Extra cups of hot herbal tea may also help. Hang Tough!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post

I found Okra Chips in my local store and was wondering what everyone else thought about them. Ingredients are: okra, canola oil, sea salt and dextrin.
To me the nutrition facts look nearly identical to raw okra with the exception of added fat these have 120 calories per serving of which 25 are from fat? I was thinking that a pack of these in the car would help round out my 'emergency kit'
It's REALLY easy & quick to make your own 'Okra Fries' (and probably WAY cheaper and lower calorie):

1. Preheat oven to 450
2. Rinse and trim Okra - pat dry
3. Spread out on a baking sheet (make sure they're not touching)
4. Spray with Olive Oil
5. Sprinkle with some sea salt (and/or approved spices of choice)
6. Roast whole for 15 minutes
* sometimes I let them roast a little longer as I like them nice & crunchy. There is NO slime either, I've also halved/quarted them before roasting, but it's easier to just leave them whole and I am lazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangdog View Post
After 13 long days with no scale movement (some of you may gave read my "Frustrated with Results" thread), I woke up today and 3 lbs magically melted off my body in the last 24 hours! What a relief! Praying to the Woosh fairy for another visit tonight!!!!
Don't be surprised with this pattern - I think everyone has to learn the hard way about the stair step pattern of weight loss that you have on IP. Days of no loss (maybe even a gain)...then a magical WHOOSH! Remember this lesson, you will go through this again!!!

Last edited by LizRR; 06-04-2013 at 03:09 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #35  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
It's REALLY easy & quick to make your own 'Okra Fries' (and probably WAY cheaper and lower calorie):

1. Preheat oven to 450
2. Rinse and trim Okra - pat dry
3. Spread out on a baking sheet (make sure they're not touching)
4. Spray with Olive Oil
5. Sprinkle with some sea salt (and/or approved spices of choice)
6. Roast whole for 15 minutes
* sometimes I let them roast a little longer as I like them nice & crunchy. There is NO slime either, I've also halved/quarted them before roasting, but it's easier to just leave them whole and I am lazy.
Thanks for the recipe but there's really never okra at the store here and I can't get it to grow here either. Even in the freezer section, its normally breaded which I know is not phase 1 compatible.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #36  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlfoster9290 View Post
First weigh in this morning and was down 5.8 lbs!!!! Soooo happy! Great motivator to keep me going!
Yay! Congrats on the weight loss.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #37  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by navydocmom View Post
Oohh! Thanks for the idea. Iced coffee sounds yummy, especially with summer around the corner.

Today was my 3rd weigh-in. I lost more this week than in weigh-in #2, so I'm guessing it depends on your body. Good luck

Also wanted to mention that I've been getting my 2 cups of veggies for lunch in by blending them (with a touch of organic chicken broth) into a soup. I LOVE it. It has really helped me, as eating plain veggies has gotten quite boring. Not to mention that the ketosis has slowed my appetite down a bit. I know there are threads with recipes that would be helpful for those who have never made a veggie soup before. It is really filling. I typically use cauliflower but today found a cauliflower/broccoli blend in Publix Supermarket.

I hope everyone has a great day!!
I was just thinking I am getting bored with just fresh veggies, or veggie salad, or roasted veggies, etc......Soup sounds like a great idea. Thanks!
Old 06-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 217/173/132

Minnie5 - Welcome Back, Minnie! Sounds like you're full of determination. Go get it, girl!
Old 06-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #39  
Started IP on 4/26/13

S/C/G: 224/205.8/160

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
LOL - I remember my biggest hunger pangs came either:
1. Around TOM
2. Right before a Big Whoosh
Hang in there - have some extra salad. I was known to be 'looser' in my spinach & cucumber measurements when it suited me (aka, when "The Hunger" struck). Extra cups of hot herbal tea may also help. Hang Tough!!!
Well, here's hoping for a whoosh!

I had some tea and whined a bit more, but I made it to 4PM snack time.

I'll be back tomorrow around 1 o'clock to whine some more. :P
Old 06-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #40  
Started IP 5/18/13

S/C/G: 238/130/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakofday71 View Post
Yay to all experiencing victories, whether they be scale victories or non scale ones .

I have to share an instance yesterday that helped me visualize my weight loss.....

I was sitting in the doctor's office in those chairs with the arms. Before, I barely had room for me in them. Yesterday, I realized that I had set my purse and my water bottle beside me in the very same seat

It made my day
That is incredible -
Old 06-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 173/163/148

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post

They sound great but IMO would not be OP for P1. They are fried is my guess and that's really not how we are supposed to get our oil
Old 06-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #42  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Default Leaving the IP forum

Hi everyone, especially to Scorbett and Lisa who have been so supportive and so good at answering my (and everyone else's) questions.

As much as I love the support, I am going to bow out and leave the IP forum for the simple reason that I'm not exactly following the IP plan any longer.

I went from IP to alternative products to re-adjusting the entire diet around my medical and dietary needs. I "follow the sheet" in the type of veggies I avoid, and the meat I eat, but I had to boost up my calorie count to around 1000 eating more actual meat protein a day because I was becoming weak/sick. Through help of my very knowledgeable MD, I'm following a low-calorie, low-carb, ketogenic diet that is somewhere between IP and Atkins. I have a surgery date for my heart, and that is a huge relief! I never thought I'd make it this far!!!

Thank you again for all your help and support getting going. I've hit the 40 lb mark on loss, and am almost 1/2 way to my goal. I couldn't have made it this far without you guys!

For anyone who follows my blog, I'll still be posting healthy meal plans/recipes as I come up with them, as long as my trials and tribulations of changing my lifestyle and heating healthy.

Hugs to all!
Old 06-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #43  
Started IP 5/20/2013

S/C/G: 270/IP211.8/ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Default Yea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accgy View Post
Did the NWI this morning and 199.6!!!!
Good for you! Not being in the 200+ club is a goal I'm looking forward to hitting soon. You're encouraging me!
Old 06-04-2013, 05:13 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyMaggies View Post
Well, here's hoping for a whoosh!

I had some tea and whined a bit more, but I made it to 4PM snack time.

I'll be back tomorrow around 1 o'clock to whine some more. :P
There's whining to "get thru it" and then whining just to complain. You are doing the former. Good for you!

Folks who were around in January when I gave up soy & gluten (and most of my favorite IP packets) heard some whining for DAYS!!!
Old 06-04-2013, 05:21 PM   #45  
Started IP 5/20/2013

S/C/G: 270/IP211.8/ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakofday71 View Post
I was sitting in the doctor's office in those chairs with the arms. Before, I barely had room for me in them. Yesterday, I realized that I had set my purse and my water bottle beside me in the very same seat
That's amazing! Congratulations.
Closed Thread