Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #31  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaBell View Post
Good Morning Everyone!!
My name is Laura. I am 24 and I am starting IP today!! This is my first diet. I am kind of nervous. My whole life I have always weighed from 115-120. Then I went away to College and got a job in the city right after, and I gained all this weight that I have never been able to get rid of. I am at 163 (My highest) with a goal of 115. I never talk about my weight. I always just pretend that I am still that little framed 120 gal, so this is a big step I am taking, and I just hope it works!! This website it very inspiring, and I look forward to talking about my Journey with all of you lovely folks!
Welcome Lola....there is a good group here and a wealth of knowledge. I know I wouldn't have been able to do this with my (ex) coach alone
Old 06-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 163/149/115

Height: 5'4''

Thank you!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #33  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Hello everyone - It's a sad day for me. This morning I had to put down my favorite pair of Columbia Pants. The ones that had the extra zipper on the side that my iPhone fit in perfectly. They also had the little coin pocket tucked away inside the pocket. I will truly miss those pants. We've had a long life together (one month). I will take you back to where we first met (Goodwill). I hope you they reincarnate themselves and get reborn into a size smaller. Goodbye old friend
RIP Pants. <taps playing in the background>

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthayer View Post
Just want to introduce myself, my name is Trish and I have my first meeting tomorrow. Have been lurking on this website for over a week and I just wanted to thank you!!! I wasn't sure IP was for me but after reading all the good and the bad, lol, I think I can do it! I am 40 and have about 75 pounds to shed. So thanks for the inspiration and I hope you all have a great Monday!
Welcome Trish! I lost 70+lb last year at 38yo, I'm in a weird place now as I am 27 weeks pregnant (so not exactly a regular IPer), but I still try to keep up with the boards as there is great support here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecmcnamee View Post
Morning everyone .. been lurking for a few weeks as it's been too busy to get involved in the conversation. You all keep me going. After 15 weeks, I had my first zero pound loss week (still lost an inch) ... kind of a let down when you're doing everything right. Just going to move forward. Have a great Monday!
If you check out my signature you will see at 15 weeks I had pretty much the same thing happen. Just stick with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
My back problems have pretty much gone away since on IP. I've only been to the chiropractor twice since starting. I had been going 2-3 times a week when it was at its worst, along with PT.
I have a chronic back condition emerge after I had my son 3 years ago, 3 misaligned vertebrae causing 2 bulging disks that aggravate 2 nerves running down my leg. After about 1-2 months on IP my chronic back pain was GONE, knee pain GONE (I also have a torn right ACL), and plantar fasciitis GONE. And (cross fingers) so far along this pregnancy I have had no flareups, and have continued running and weightlifting (although at a slower pace/lower intensity).

Last edited by LizRR; 06-03-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 196/188/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlfoster9290 View Post
support Today is day 7, phase 1(alternatives). For the past week this forum and Myfitnesspal have definitely been my best friends. lol. My first weigh in is in the morning and I've been trying to prepare myself for it. It's so hard not to go into it without any sort of expectation especially when you hear about the weight loss averages that people have had onthis program. Im trying to remind myself that I've been eating healthy-ish for quite some time now and working out for a loong time as well so I may not see as big of a drop on the scale as the average IP'er. Also dealing with hypothyroid issues hasn't helped my weight loss frustrations, but I found out this past Tuesday (the day I started IP) that my thyroid levels are finally normal!!!! Yay! Sooo I'm curious as to what that scale will show tomorrow. I Iknow Ive given it my all this week and that's all I can do. I HAVE to be happy with any loss that I have. Anywho... I'm ready for week two to start and finish so that I can get back into the gym with my hubby! I didn't miss the gym near this much until they said I couldn't workout for the first two weeks on plan! Wish me luck! And if youre on myfitnesspal, add me bc I never get tired of all the support ! HLfoster9290
Hey! I noticed on MFP you're from LR. I live in Cabot. I'll send you a MFP friend request. I could use some support too! I'm restarting IP after stopping in 2011. I too have hypo for over 20+ years. Welcome !!
Old 06-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #35  
Just keep swimming!

S/C/G: 216/196/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakofday71 View Post
I have found that as I am dropping the weight, my body is adjusting how it carries itself. That is placing different strain on muscles, joints, and such that are not necessarily used to it.

I see a massage therapist once a month to help with the adjustment. So, if you really think about it, the way you held your body to carry an extra 20-50 or more pounds is totally different than how you hold your body now. Just do what you need to in order to deal with the pain; knowing that this will eventually will pass as your body adjusts.
That makes sense, good to know. I never had a discernible difference either way when I lost 50 lbs in my late 20s.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:17 PM   #36  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all. Alas. My first headache this morning due to not having had enough water yesterday.

Happy to see all the new members and read all the victory stories coming out! Tomorrow is my 3rd WI and, while I feel trimmer, I don't think the scale has really budged. We shall see. I am considering switching my appointments to the morning (rather than at 5 p.m.) - any thoughts?
Old 06-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Good morning all. Alas. My first headache this morning due to not having had enough water yesterday.

Happy to see all the new members and read all the victory stories coming out! Tomorrow is my 3rd WI and, while I feel trimmer, I don't think the scale has really budged. We shall see. I am considering switching my appointments to the morning (rather than at 5 p.m.) - any thoughts?
i switched mine
Old 06-03-2013, 12:30 PM   #38  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
i switched mine
Did you notice a difference?
Old 06-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #39  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Did you notice a difference?
You should. Anything you eat or drink during the day is there (minus a minor loss for evacuation) so isn't really fat just temporary weight.

I always schedule my WI early in the morning and don't eat or drink anything until afterwards. I know from weighing at home that my weight is lowest 1st thing in the morning.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 251/188/135

Height: 5' 4"

Having a bummed out week.
Since Jan I have lost 42 lbs. Yay for me!!! People have really started to notice. They ask me if I feel better now. I say yes because that's what they want to hear. I feel fine, not much different though. What I'm dealing with right now is weird. I am happily losing weight and inches. That's not the issue. I just don't feel good about myself.
I went from a super tight size 22 to a loose 18 or sometimes even a 16. I just don't see myself any different. Logically I know my body is smaller, I just don't feel smaller. I spent a lot of my life overweight (since 4th grade on an off) and a bunch of years at this size (16/18). I guess maybe I didn't see myself as big as I was at a 22/24 and always thought I was this size (16/18). I don't know. I just wish the funk would wear off. A couple weeks ago I was at a really great feeling place. Now I feel fat all over again. Maybe I'm just being self conscious because people are seeing the change.
I'm 100% OP and getting everything I should. It's just an emotionally bad feeling.
Just needed to put it out there.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #41  

Hi,
I am with IP for 5 weeks and this is my 6th week on IP. My target to loose is 20 pounds. I lost 14 pounds so far. For last two weeks I am not reducing much.. just one pound a week. Mostly my net carbs falls in 18-25. I am kind of disappointed for not loosing my weight. I am logging my food in myfitnesspal.com

My username :sushmitareddy01

Please suggest any changes to my meal/intake

Thank you
Old 06-03-2013, 12:52 PM   #42  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliboo723 View Post
Having a bummed out week.
Since Jan I have lost 42 lbs. Yay for me!!! People have really started to notice. They ask me if I feel better now. I say yes because that's what they want to hear. I feel fine, not much different though. What I'm dealing with right now is weird. I am happily losing weight and inches. That's not the issue. I just don't feel good about myself.
I went from a super tight size 22 to a loose 18 or sometimes even a 16. I just don't see myself any different. Logically I know my body is smaller, I just don't feel smaller. I spent a lot of my life overweight (since 4th grade on an off) and a bunch of years at this size (16/18). I guess maybe I didn't see myself as big as I was at a 22/24 and always thought I was this size (16/18). I don't know. I just wish the funk would wear off. A couple weeks ago I was at a really great feeling place. Now I feel fat all over again. Maybe I'm just being self conscious because people are seeing the change.
I'm 100% OP and getting everything I should. It's just an emotionally bad feeling.
Just needed to put it out there.
Ever heard of Body Dysmorphia? It's been discussed a few times around the forum, and that's definitely what is going on here. It's actually pretty common when you lose weight quickly - you can rationalize that you ARE smaller - your clothes, the scale and the tape measure all confirm it - but your BRAIN sees you differently than you ARE. We hear more about body dysmorphia in anorexia/bulemia cases, but it totally applies here too. You are not alone!

I have been in maintenance for 3 months, and I can still look in a mirror or down at my body and see EXACTLY the same thing I saw before I lost all the weight. In my head, I KNOW I am slipping on size 8 instead of size 18 pants. I can wear clothes I never would have dared to put on before. But I still see the same body when I look down - my thighs feel fat, I feel like I still have a gut. I sometimes catch myself starting to move toward the plus sized section at the store, and have to remind myself that I can't shop there anymore - CAN'T!

It's something to be conscious of, I don't know when my brain will catch up with my weight loss - but it's normal, and it's ALL in your brain. You are doing GREAT and just have to be intentional about acknowledging your success when your brain wants to trick you. If it would help to have a visual reminder, do you have a pair of pants from before the weight loss? Slip them on once in a while and really look at yourself in a mirror. If not, keep a before/current picture handy (I have my before/after in my phone so I can give it a good hard look when I start to feel fat again).
Old 06-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 286/148/160

Height: 5'7"

aliboo723 -
I know what you mean - I NEVER dreamed I looked like I looked at my heaviest - I see pictures of me from then and know I never saw that when I looked in the mirror. - This is a mental game too. It is called body dysmorphia and works both ways: anorexics see themselves as fat in the mirror: morbidly obese people like me saw a slightly chubby girl in the mirror.

Whats helping me is photos. and save 1 pair of your biggest pants to try on - then you can see the difference.

I have lost 117 since my heighest weight last may and still took put out my box of capris size 24 and even though I am now a size 14 I tried on every single pair. I can't believe I thought any of them would fit??!

It was amazing to see how huge they were. This is when I started to realize - I am smaller. It takes the mind a long time to catch up especially if the original mental picture of yourself was not accurate.

Hang in there
Old 06-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #44  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprotein View Post
Hi,
I am with IP for 5 weeks and this is my 6th week on IP. My target to loose is 20 pounds. I lost 14 pounds so far. For last two weeks I am not reducing much.. just one pound a week. Mostly my net carbs falls in 18-25. I am kind of disappointed for not loosing my weight. I am logging my food in myfitnesspal.com

My username :sushmitareddy01

Please suggest any changes to my meal/intake

Thank you
A few things:

You ARE losing. The weight is still coming off.

The closer you get to goal, the slower the weight will come off. It doesn't fall off you at a steady rate and then suddenly stop. The fact that you are steadily losing 1lb a week and you are only 6lbs to goal is FANTASTIC.

You do not need to change a thing. Just keep sticking to plan until you get where you want to be.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:57 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Tomorrow I talk to my coach about using alternatives and only buying one box of food from the clinic a week. If they won't allow me to still go there, its no big deal. I want to get this weight off. I feel gross. I won't let something as simple as doing this on my own keep me from losing the weight!
Closed Thread