Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #76  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mldorn View Post
Halfagain,
I have been reading these threads all weekend. Hubby and i are getting ready to start once i buy the alternatives. You are an inspiration!
In a post you had awhile back you said you had a restricted everyday. Have you continued with that same philosophy to goal? Also would you be able to tell me names/brand of the supplements you use and where you got them? Thank you and congratulations on your success.
Maura
Hi Maura,
Welcome to you and your hubby!

Disclaimer - what works for me may be trouble for others (I hear others say this doesn't work for them) - However, since you asked, I will honestly tell you what I do. I'm still about 10 pounds from the top of normal range and indeed I'm calling it goal come this Friday regardless. I'm already ~15 lbs under my doctor's recommended stopping point. LOL never thought I'd hear the doctor telling ME to stop - this diet is amazing.

I do have one restricted almost every day. The ones I like are not high enough in protein, but many of my non-restricted are more than enough protein so looking at the day as a whole, I get plenty of protein. I tried at one point to tell myself I liked them too much to have them around, but I did a re-take on that idea and noticed I didn't have a problem eating only one and leaving the rest alone. I mean, sure I'd "like" to eat four, but I don't. I figure it's better for me in the long run to practice self control in this way. Having a DH and Son in the house, I will have temptation at hand. One of the biggest temptations I have is peanut butter. Some may say to stay clear of it, but one of these a day helps me. You have to decide what works for you.http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...ter-7-box.html The Weight Loss Systems Nutrition Bar - Chocolate is maybe just a good tasting.

The quest bar discussion (restricted or non-restricted). I don't treat the quest bars as restricted. I do have two a day sometimes (maybe 2 or 3 times a week depending if I'm traveling or if I'm craving chocolate). If my losses were much less I would reconsider this. My losses have stayed over 2.5 a week average (just looking at the past 10 weeks, so I'm not counting the initial starting loses I had on IP). The first time I tried one of these I thought "what's the fuss" I didn't really care for them, I had a stomach ache(maybe not from the bar - maybe so, with the stuff they use in them - I really don't know). I had a box of them, so I used them up and low and behold I do like them. I have not been using them the whole year I've been dieting. Maybe 7 weeks now. One thing my son keeps telling me is all my other powders and such were soy protein. So I like that the Quest bars are a different type of protein - not sure why, but it keeps my kiddo off my back He's into weight lifting and all that health food stuff. I like the Syntrax Nectar http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...1-serving.html Cappuccino Latte (it's thin, not like the shakes, but I expect Latte's to be thin so it works out). So I've added that also as another non-soy based protein option.

The Simply bar http://www.amazon.com/The-Simply-Bar...+lemon+coconut had the same sort of is it restricted discussion a while back. I think we decided the Simply bar is not restricted - I treated it like a restricted for awhile, I don't anymore. The lemon coconut ones are my favorite - in fact I really don't like the other flavors. They are sort of like a rice crispy bar, only not marshmallow flavor, they have a very light flavor. They are great for on the go. They are sort of expensive - but then again far cheaper than what I was eating pre-diet for lunch.

Some other thoughts - I do not consider this cheating the system, but I do not eat salty soups or pickles on Thursday as my weigh in is on Friday morning. I don't avoid taking my normal salts but the extra salty stuff I keep away from. Something for me I notice is if I stick with fish and chicken a lot, I seem to get a loss after I eat a sirloin steak. Not sure why but I think the added fat now and then just helps. I have heard this from several of us that switching around the type of protein helps. I know it does for me. Drinking all the water helps me probably the most. It's hard to do for me. I have never been a big fluid drinker, and water just is a chore for me. Seeing how my loses picked up when I got on board with drinking it made me a believer. I put a dash of lemon juice in my water most days, for flavor and I think it does help with loses but that may just be my imagination.

Supplements, I take the "hair, skin, and nails" stuff from Costco (Kirkland brand) it has biotin in it, Mega Red Krill oil from Costco, I was taking Centrum Silver but ran out. I'm not home the rest of this week to give you the new vitamin, most of this diet I've been on the Centrum ones. I ordered from the Protein store to get the name brand Ideal Protein potassium and magnesium supplements but they don't sell them anymore I understand. I ordered several bottles at a time, so once I run out I'm not sure what I'll do on those. I'm close to out now but I'll be into maintenance soon and will probably stop taking those - depending on my diet. I also take a D vitamin (Costco again).

My hair has thinned with this diet, but I'm willing to endure that and the loose skin for this short term. I try and eat natural non-heated saur kraut once a week, use Bragg apple cider vinegar (unfiltered) and just try and get in some other probiotics when I can. I guess I should have just taken supplements but just didn't get around to buying any. I think they do help the big C.

Anyway sorry this was so long. I did feel weak a few weeks into this diet, and mentally foggy. I don't know the science behind this but this post made sense to me - or at least I could understand that others felt this way. It made me feel better and I stuck it out because I knew I was not alone. I'll give you the link but again it's just something I found and found useful to encourage me to keep on. http://josepharcita.blogspot.com/201...o-ketosis.html

Thanks so much for the kind words. I don't feel I'm an expert by any means, but I have had a lot of success. I sort of fell into alternatives, and I don't regret it at all. Best wishes!
Barb

Last edited by Halfagain; 06-10-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:51 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Rhonduz, Hi, just wanted to say so sorry for all you have gone thru as of late, but this is definately the place to come for support, I have really been struggling with my last 10/15 lbs and had a few too many bad weeks, but I read these posts every day and find encouragement here, so were here for you!
Thank you Yes! I followed your progress throughout the fall and you have done a fantastic job on this "journey". I have let things get to me, but I think I'm on track now. I always do better in the summer when I'm out of school and more active but I'm also tired of losing the same pounds over and over again. I put the YO in yoyo dieting. Haha. Glad to hear from you!
Old 06-10-2013, 11:25 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

I forgot to tell you all that Saturday was yard sale day and I scored a old time tread mill for 20$ and have been using everyday and I love it, so now I've added walking everyday to help lose. It's so nice to walk in front of the AC and TV, because its way to hot outside.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:31 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 172/139/110

Height: 5"1'

Just had my second weigh in and down 4 lbs this week. I don't appear to be losing as fast as everyone else but as long as the scale goes down i am fine. I have not cheated. It isn't so bad so far. I am getting a lot out of everyone's posts. It really helps!
Old 06-11-2013, 12:45 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 172/139/110

Height: 5"1'

You all look amazing too, I am trying to get brave enough to post pictures also.
[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] [img]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar008/chick01/lb/169/110/162/.png[/
Old 06-11-2013, 10:19 PM   #81  
6/26/12 start 355

Hello All

I've been away from home at training this week. I found a huge Kroger store, and they had some fresh rhubarb. I stocked up as much veggies as my tiny fridge in the hotel room could handle, got it all cleaned and put away. I feel much better about the rest of this training visit. I have all my veggies in order and I have a plan to stay on program. I think I have enough veggies for the plane trip home too! If not, I know where that nice grocery store is now.

Our training group went out to eat tonight. I ended up getting to the restaurant almost an hour late due to a couple issues. They had ordered appetizers and thankfully most of the wings and such were gone when I got there. The team was just putting in their dinner orders. I had looked up on the Internet before going to see what I would want to eat, not even knowing I'd be running late. I was able to get a sirloin steak with a small salad. It couldn't have been better if I'd planned the late arrival.

I'm thinking of you all.

Barb
Old 06-11-2013, 10:52 PM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Hello All

I've been away from home at training this week. I found a huge Kroger store, and they had some fresh rhubarb. I stocked up as much veggies as my tiny fridge in the hotel room could handle, got it all cleaned and put away. I feel much better about the rest of this training visit. I have all my veggies in order and I have a plan to stay on program. I think I have enough veggies for the plane trip home too! If not, I know where that nice grocery store is now.

Our training group went out to eat tonight. I ended up getting to the restaurant almost an hour late due to a couple issues. They had ordered appetizers and thankfully most of the wings and such were gone when I got there. The team was just putting in their dinner orders. I had looked up on the Internet before going to see what I would want to eat, not even knowing I'd be running late. I was able to get a sirloin steak with a small salad. It couldn't have been better if I'd planned the late arrival.

I'm thinking of you all.

Barb
Great job barb! I am very impressed with you success and inspired. I would think it is very hard to travel and try to stay OP. I do best in the summer when my stress levels are lower because I'm not teaching. This is the main obstruction I've got to overcome. Stress eating!
Old 06-12-2013, 01:28 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Be very careful allowing the scale to dictate self esteem
The scale can be finicky & is easily influenced by hormones, sodium, time of day, and other confounding factors.
Be sure to use a measuring tape as well. It usually reveals losses when/if the scale has "a week"

Find other ways to measure your self esteem: more freedom in movement, reduced pain, smaller clothes, willpower!

Lisa, each time you posted a new pic where your name is I had to recheck the name, I always think someone new joined the board. You weight loss is showing up beautifully on your face.

Pat
Old 06-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Lisa, each time you posted a new pic where your name is I had to recheck the name, I always think someone new joined the board. You weight loss is showing up beautifully on your face.
Gee, thanks!
Old 06-12-2013, 02:01 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post

Pat
I agree with Pat. Lisa you look more fab with each new pic!
Old 06-12-2013, 02:06 PM   #86  

I just finished making Lizrr's roasted red pepper purée. I made 1/2 cup Mexican, 1/2 a cup Italian and 1/2 with no extra seasonings. I'm really going to have fun with these. I can't wait!
Old 06-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #87  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Lisa - ITA with Pat & Ronduz.... I actually saw your new pic in another thread a few minutes ago when I was checking things out, and didn't know it was you until I checked the name. You are looking fantastic!
Old 06-12-2013, 09:37 PM   #88  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonduz View Post
Great job barb! I am very impressed with you success and inspired. I would think it is very hard to travel and try to stay OP. I do best in the summer when my stress levels are lower because I'm not teaching. This is the main obstruction I've got to overcome. Stress eating!
I know how you feel. Stress at work has at least doubled, as I went from the old one or two client load to four (even five for short time). I'm so looking forward to P3 fruit and dairy, and then of course P4. But with the stress I am sort of nervous about moving out of the familiar P1, regardless nervous or not, it's time.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #89  

Barb
Don't be nervous
You'll do great!
There's a piece of me that wants to stay here longer...but that would only put-off goal attainment

This small foray into p3 has reduced my fear of maintenance, as well.
Just spend some time on the p3 breakfast thread & pick a few
I picked my 3 favorite and so far have made 2 ( I still like routine/repetition)
I have yet to do one I ciphered-out myself: huevos rancheros with homemade corn tortillas
Old 06-12-2013, 11:37 PM   #90  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi All! Just popping in to say hi to friends and welcome to the new IPers.

Lisa, your new profile pic is beautiful!!! Hope you are enjoying your little visit to P3! I have to admit, it was hard for me to take the plunge, but I still have P3 breakfasts. In fact, my maintenance is very similar to P3, with just a few additions. I've learned to love the way I eat now, so when I stray from it I don't feel as great.

Happy to say, I reached goal in March, started maintenance in April and now it's June and I'm still at the same weight. It hasn't been that difficult, either.

Halfagain, you are almost there! Yippee!!
Closed Thread