3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 11

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 10:39 AM   #106
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi all,

My PC is blocking this site so I have to use the tablet. Been busy back in Georgia. Maintenance is still going well.

Congrats to Barb. P3 breakfasts are great. I have kept them as they keep me satisfied in the AM, which was always a challenge. You will make it. I was super cautious, but it works out as long as you have that thinking change.

Off to do errands and lunch with former coworkers.

Molly

Started maintenance 3/7/2013

Old 06-21-2013, 12:24 AM   #107
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Hi all,

My PC is blocking this site so I have to use the tablet. Been busy back in Georgia. Maintenance is still going well.

Congrats to Barb. P3 breakfasts are great. I have kept them as they keep me satisfied in the AM, which was always a challenge. You will make it. I was super cautious, but it works out as long as you have that thinking change.

Off to do errands and lunch with former coworkers.

Molly
Hi Molly,
Yes something odd is happening sometimes when I log in here. It looks to be the web page trying to get me to click a button rather than my own anti-virus wear, so I've ignored it.... and I seem to still be okay. Thanks for the congrats

Hey all, I hope you've had a great week. I've been sticking to the same P3 breakfast each morning (yogurt/fruit combo with some other stuff). I love it and it's easy and fast to put together. My work day has been starting about 6:30 AM and ending about 7:30 PM, so fast and easy plus great tasting is a huge winner. Knock on wood I've not been as tempted with caving to cravings the last couple days. Not sure where that craving thing came from but it sure was a pain. I'm thinking about trying out making yogurt this weekend. I should probably look at a few other P3 breakfast ideas and pick one or two others so I have variety. I have not found sugar free pancake mix yet that some people mentioned. I will keep looking.

Off to bed, glad tomorrow is Friday!

Barb

Phase 2 restart 6/3/14 using alternative brands (some Phase 1, but mostly Phase 2)
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
― Winston Churchill
Old 06-21-2013, 05:47 AM   #108
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Hi all
Something is giving me heartburn again
It isn't the Mio this time
I'm gonna try a couple days without the quinoa and see if that solves it. My breakfasts are lower carb without it tho & I don't want to add anything different until I eliminate the correct thing. Other possible culprits: dairy. Then I'd need to determine if its cows milk yogurt or goats milk yogurt. This week I've had it made from goats milk.

At least I'm more in tune with my body now & not just popping pills to cover symptoms...true health comes from not needing all those meds. But they sure help when heartburn wakes you up in the middle of the nite!

Maintaining for now, while we address thyroid healing

Old 06-21-2013, 06:43 AM   #109
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

It's interesting to hear the P3 info - thanks for sharing Lisa and Barb! Since I am getting closer, I am paying more attention to the talk of the breakfasts. I think I want to have a box of that 'Ideal Complete' around, just in case. I really do not want to eat random bread as part of my diet any more, I am just so afraid of diabetes raising its ugly head again. I saw that Liz had posted some pancake recipes that involve using oatmeal, so maybe that is the direction I will move in when I get to that point. On days that I go into the office (28 miles from my house), I think it will be the Ideal Complete, though. I only go in 1 day a week.

I think I am starting to understand the rest of the phases a little better - phase 2 is like phase 1 except you have the lean protein meal twice, phase 3 is like phase 2 except with a breakfast, and phase 4 adds a little fat to lunch and a few carbs to dinner?

Well, I still have a while before I have to have it figured out! I think I have heard that people like the Vanilla Complete the best.

Have a great week!

Old 06-21-2013, 06:44 AM   #110

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Congrats to all the great tales of progress in the last two weeks. It's really good to see the CONTINUOUS and ongoing positive results from the members who have been posting here for a while and of course..the newer Goldens too...who are all keeping each other positive!
We are back from vacation...it was super nice to be with the family. A good reason to get thin and stay healthy. 4 granddaughters ages 6 mos to 11 years old. They are the light of our lives. The two year old broke her arm 2 1/2 hrs after we got to the beach house. That was traumatic and heartbreaking, but she's two...and is bouncing back better than the adults from it all. Ft. Meyers has an excellent children's emergency room ...which I hope no one else ever has to visit. (Her newest cast is lime green...)
I managed to lose a little over 3 pounds while I was gone...and I was not perfect on this trip. Stayed away from the snacks and wine...that really was not hard. But ... had a few mojitos (no sugar) and way fewer IP shakes than I packed, substituting salads with left over grilled meat for lunch (Almost every day)... than I had resolved to do. All in all the decision making process got tested...and keeping my meals to mostly items that would NOT derail my day...I got through it successfully. Might have lost 5 lbs in the last 2 weeks with using only IP products...but there were valuable lessons in making those choices for the first time in 5 months. I found out I could do it! Not quite so terrified now of the next phases of this process as I was a few weeks ago. And I did enjoy my meals ... a lot!

LISA: You seem to be doing great again with the phasing through since I was off line... I hope you figure out the heartburn issue quickly though... Your system is so delicate. You are the "Princess and the pea" on this board...and your experiences touch us all. Good luck...

Last edited by 65X65 : 06-21-2013 at 06:45 AM.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #111
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Double disappointment,

To start, we've discovered that retirement really wasn't a possibility. I am looking to go back to work. Cross your fingers. Between my medical insurance going up 25% and gas prices going up about a dollar a gallon and not being able to pay off one bill, the outlay is exceeding the social security income.

Next, I gained 3# at today's weigh in. I was really expecting it as my eating yesterday equaled a fun day, no fun though, just happen stance. It's my first "fun" day and gain. It was REALLY hard to go back to P1 and give up my P3 breakfast. So, i'm sucking it up giving up maintenance eating for a bit and sucking it up and looking at working again, but for more than a bit. At least until DH is eligible for Medicare and we can get rid of self insured premiums. Without those and paying off that one bill, we probably can make it through the horrible gas prices.

Enough about me. I don't see many people posting on this thread. Where is everyone? We need to keep each others spirits up. I'm sure Barb is thoroughly enjoying P3 breakfasts. I hope to be able to be back to them tomorrow. Let's hear about people's successes. I did succeed from stuffing my face with food when faced with going back to work. Yesterday, it was too many carbs in two meals. Also, I bought a bag of chocolate, but only had 3 pieces. That wasn't even a whole serving. Yeah me!

Let's hear from some others.
Molly

Started maintenance 3/7/2013

Old 06-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #112

S/C/G: 219/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Double disappointment,

To start, we've discovered that retirement really wasn't a possibility. I am looking to go back to work. Cross your fingers. Between my medical insurance going up 25% and gas prices going up about a dollar a gallon and not being able to pay off one bill, the outlay is exceeding the social security income.

Next, I gained 3# at today's weigh in. I was really expecting it as my eating yesterday equaled a fun day, no fun though, just happen stance. It's my first "fun" day and gain. It was REALLY hard to go back to P1 and give up my P3 breakfast. So, i'm sucking it up giving up maintenance eating for a bit and sucking it up and looking at working again, but for more than a bit. At least until DH is eligible for Medicare and we can get rid of self insured premiums. Without those and paying off that one bill, we probably can make it through the horrible gas prices.

Enough about me. I don't see many people posting on this thread. Where is everyone? We need to keep each others spirits up. I'm sure Barb is thoroughly enjoying P3 breakfasts. I hope to be able to be back to them tomorrow. Let's hear about people's successes. I did succeed from stuffing my face with food when faced with going back to work. Yesterday, it was too many carbs in two meals. Also, I bought a bag of chocolate, but only had 3 pieces. That wasn't even a whole serving. Yeah me!

Let's hear from some others.
Molly
Hi Molly, so sorry about your disappointments, but congratulations on not stuffing your face! I'm hoping to retire in about three years, but needing a new car and seven more years for house payment so who knows how long it will really be. I know it sure is getting hard, but we all do what we need to get by!

Diet wise I'm on 100% alternatives now and a little disappointed in the last 3 weeks results but alas it is going back down. I've been battling nausea for some strange reason. I kind of think the nectar cappuccino may be the culprit. Not sure. Good thing is I'm not hungry 24/7 now and look forward to getting back to my low weight and moving on to goal.

Take care and hang in there Molly! You have done exceptionally and are a great inspiration!
Rhonda

WI 1 = 7 WI 2= -2
Old 06-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #113
Started IP 3/26/12

S/C/G: 209.5/162/150

Hi everyone! I'll chime in here and admit that I've fallen off the wagon ... weight is up by about 7lbs and my eating has gone a bit out of control. I've allowed myself to fall victim to ice cream cravings... and it has to stop! It's time to go back to P1 and reinforce my good intentions again. I was doing fine until I got sick a while back, and started eating convenience foods because I was feeling sick and sorry for myself - not a good idea. I predict that some of this gain is water retention... but even so, it's still showing on the scale, and I need to reign myself in before it gets even worse.

SO... I'm back to P1-P2 style eating for at least 1 week or probably longer... as long as it takes to get back down to 150 lbs again ( or slightly below again) . I'll pop in consistently now and get back to regular posting in order to support my good intentions.

Molly - sorry about your disappointments... I fear I'll be working for years still! You're doing really well though, not to allow emotional eating back into your life. Kudos to you.

I invite you to visit my blog at http://diettalktoday.com It's focus is on helping those who chose to use alternative products.

Started P3: March 18/2013
Started Maintenance: April 1/2013
Reboot Started 1/2014

Last edited by evepet : 06-22-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #114
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

Hi Ladies, hope your week is improving! I made something new tonight, cut up my chicken breast and pan fried in olive oil to brown, then cooked in a liquid made of soy sauce, WF peanut butter, chili powder, sweetener, and crushed red pepper (plus extra water). Cooked it while the rutabagus fries were cooking. LOVE the sauce! Stay strong and stay with it!

Last edited by AlisonS : 06-22-2013 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Forgot ingredient
Old 06-22-2013, 05:55 PM   #115

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Hi Molly, sorry about having to go back to work but I know how it is. I am 65 but have decided to work another year too. Better to work a bit longer and be comfortable without worrying about money long term.

I still need to lose the 10 pounds I regained this year. I don't post much anymore as I try to figure it out as I now seem to gain on phase 1. It appears I need super low calories to maintain at a lower weight so still trying to get my head around it. Once school is out at the end of June I will try to get lots of walking in if it ever stops raining here. There is terrible flooding south of us. We have steady rain but no flooding so thankful for that.

Make choices today that your future self will thank you for!
Old 06-22-2013, 07:03 PM   #116

S/C/G: 272.6/163/140?

Height: 5'4"

Sorry about the retirement plans, Molly. I am 57 and figure I have about 10 years left of work. I keep checking my 403b and putting in the max out of my check. At least it has come up recently. My husband is already retired (disabled) and he is 63 but I am nowhere near. Thankfully I have a fairly lucrative and fulfilling career so it isn't just "work".

I gained .6 today but the Tanita scale said my water came way back up and she said my visceral fat went down a point. Anyway, I know I have stayed 100% on the program so I am not going to let this bother me.

I went shopping and everything I tried on from the Misses department at Kohls fit with no problem at all. I got some Dockers in size 16 and also a pair of capris since my pants are getting big. I actually enjoyed trying stuff on. I had a 30% off coupon so it didn't hurt too much to get some clothes to help me through the summer. I found some Lands End slacks at Ocean State Job Lot for $10 the other day that fit fine, although I do hate the side zipper. Getting them on in the morning was the hardest and I worried about going to the bathroom but they were not hard to zip up (and with all the water I drink I obviously go to the bathroom a lot ).

It is really interesting to hear about the P3 eating, and I am glad that folks are catching the gains before they get too much. I am terrified to be off P1, but that will be quite a while from now.

Started IP 12/29/2012
Old 06-22-2013, 07:49 PM   #117

Default Best to Molly-

Wishing you a good end to your dilemma. If you must work again...I hope it is doing something you love and will pay the bills. Many of my family and friends have had to make the decisions you are grappling with, and my husband, although retirement eligible, has elected to "stay put" for a few more years to delay SS just so it will be higher when he does claim. I know there are days he is ready to be done.

As for your current maintenance plan.You have all the good stuff still in you. You have come so far...and by first recognizing and acknowledging the stress you are under now you'll figure out how to outsmart it again. All the way.
Best to you-
65X65
Old 06-22-2013, 10:14 PM   #118

S/C/G: 236/190/165

Height: 5"2

Hi everyone, been hanging in there barely seems like I've been staying between 169 and 173 for about a month and a half, seems like my body just wants to stay here, although I would like to get to 160 I'm just not staying true IP and it seems so hard. Not sure what to do, I feel good and like how my cloths fit and am happy with size 10 pants, not sure?

Re-Start 5-26-2014 weight 223

One for every 5lb

Old 06-23-2013, 07:16 AM   #119
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Congrats to all the great tales of progress in the last two weeks. It's really good to see the CONTINUOUS and ongoing positive results from the members who have been posting here for a while and of course..the newer Goldens too...who are all keeping each other positive!

We are back from vacation...it was super nice to be with the family. A good reason to get thin and stay healthy.
I managed to lose a little over 3 pounds while I was gone...and I was not perfect on this trip. Stayed away from the snacks and wine...that really was not hard. But ... had a few mojitos (no sugar) and way fewer IP shakes than I packed, substituting salads with left over grilled meat for lunch (Almost every day)... than I had resolved to do. All in all the decision making process got tested...and keeping my meals to mostly items that would NOT derail my day...I got through it successfully. Might have lost 5 lbs in the last 2 weeks with using only IP products...but there were valuable lessons in making those choices for the first time in 5 months. I found out I could do it! Not quite so terrified now of the next phases of this process as I was a few weeks ago. And I did enjoy my meals ... a lot!

LISA: You seem to be doing great again with the phasing through since I was off line... I hope you figure out the heartburn issue quickly though... Your system is so delicate. You are the "Princess and the pea" on this board...and your experiences touch us all. Good luck...
It sounds like you made wonderfully healthy choices on vacation. I consider salads w/meat at lunch OP b/c they fit p2 and sometimes when were away, they just fit better in your day. Not many folks can say they LOST WEIGHT on vacation!

Thanks for mentioning my sensitive system. I'd never really thought about it that way (unless it has to do with my migraines, which I've been trying to manage naturally since college). Our "modern medicine" is just so quick to mask everything with a pill instead of finding the cause (& eliminating, if possible).

I've been on meds for dyspepsia & GERD for 20+ years & last summer (right before starting IP) started transitioning off the worst one. In the past week, I've used some meds again so something is going on. I might do p1 or 2 to rest my gut and then slowly reintroduce P3 foods until I find the culprit.
I cut quinoa yesterday but still had yogurt & still had some burning going on. But one day probably isn't enough to find the culprit anyway.

It's so great to be able to "talk thru" stuff on this board!

I read a lot about gut permeability and healing the gut. Our natural and functional medicine folks are learning a LOT about this topic.

Maintaining for now, while we address thyroid healing

Last edited by lisa32989 : 06-23-2013 at 07:19 AM.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:58 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I've been on meds for dyspepsia & GERD for 20+ years & last summer (right before starting IP) started transitioning off the worst one. In the past week, I've used some meds again so something is going on. I might do p1 or 2 to rest my gut and then slowly reintroduce P3 foods until I find the culprit.
I cut quinoa yesterday but still had yogurt & still had some burning going on. But one day probably isn't enough to find the culprit anyway.

It's so great to be able to "talk thru" stuff on this board!

I read a lot about gut permeability and healing the gut. Our natural and functional medicine folks are learning a LOT about this topic.
Lisa- your posts are so valuable to us all. Most of us share some of your challenges... but you really are the guru for working around the issues. You are really close to your goal...and it's clear you're gonna make it. Maintenance and the rest of your life will be easy compared to all this past year stuff!
But I, like the rest of the community read your posts with interest...there is almost always something to file away for the future or an intelligent ...and/or CREATIVE suggestion for the now and present. I've suffered from heartburn as well...and wondered if when adding more acidic things like tomatoes, fruit and yogurt...will it resurface. This is a nagging something no one else has mentioned that I've read so far.

Last edited by 65X65 : 06-23-2013 at 07:59 AM.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.