3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 11

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 11:30 AM   #496
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I always love reading your comments because you are a voice or reason and logic in my life. My head knows you are right and it is inflammation and/or infection. I figured that between that and the antibiotics, my weight loss might show slow temporary slowing.

But, as always, my impatient soul wanted IMMEDIATE RESULTS. I will work on patience.
Immediate results is what got me so fat! (eating for comfort, due to boredom, etc)
Old 09-29-2013, 12:51 PM   #497

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/187/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Immediate results is what got me so fat! (eating for comfort, due to boredom, etc)
Me, too! So this program is a learning experience for me on many levels.

Old 09-29-2013, 01:10 PM   #498

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Tough weekend, though, because I have been on liquids only since Thursday due to some issues with my colon. I packed for the trip with EAS drinks but my DH kept trying to urge McDonald's shakes on me. I stood firm but it has been hard as there is not a lot I can do with this. Should be able to try some soft things tomorrow if no pains today.

With all that going on liquids, I had hoped (I know, Lisa, be patient and stop projecting!) that the scale would fly down. Nope, it is being stubborn and not budging one ounce in four days. Maybe the barium solutions I had to drink have thrown me for a loop?
Schenectedy- Comfort to you...I also have had every contrast media including barium, iodine and heaven knows what else infused, injected, guzzled down the hatch and otherwise unpleasantly introduced to my colon ...and more than once for each type actually, in the last weeks. My weight is all over the place in about a 6 lb range. At one point when I had about a 10 day rest with none of the contrast media... weight was actually down from my last IP weigh in before all of this started. So have patience. Figuring I won't know how much I actually weigh for real for probably another week. (If they don't repeat anything or order something new.) By then I should also have some answers and a treatment plan...Hope you are getting answers.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:55 PM   #499
Started IP 5/18/13

S/C/G: 238/130/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Is DH able to do the alternate protocol or is that still too much protein?
There is a link to the sheet in the stickies but links appear like they are still non-functional (it has been reported).

I'd be happy to email it if you haven't seen it (just PM me your email)
Thanks so much - I do have a copy. I can have him bring it to the clinic when he goes for his next treatment (3x a week) and talk to the nutritionist. Some weight loss would be helpful. He has less than 10% kidney function and will get on the transplant list as soon as a few other things are in order (including some weight loss).

Wk 1 - (-12); Wk 2 - (-5); Wk 3 - (6); Wk 4 - (-4); Wk 5 - no scale; Wk 6 - (-12) for 2 weeks); Wk 7 - (-3); Wk 8 - (-4); Wk 9 - (-5); Wk 10 - (-6); Wk 11 - (-3); Wk 12 - (-5); Wk 13 - (-4); Wk 14 - (-2); Wk 15 - (-3); Wk 16 - (-3); Wk 17 - (-4); Wk 18 - (-4); Wk 19 - (-2); Wk 20 - (-2); Wk 21 - (-4); Wk 22 - (-2); Wk 23 - (-3); Wk 24 - (-3); Wk 25 - (-1); Wk 26 - (-2); Wk 27 - (-2); Wk 28 - (-2)
Old 09-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #500

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/187/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Schenectedy- Comfort to you...I also have had every contrast media including barium, iodine and heaven knows what else infused, injected, guzzled down the hatch and otherwise unpleasantly introduced to my colon ...and more than once for each type actually, in the last weeks. My weight is all over the place in about a 6 lb range. At one point when I had about a 10 day rest with none of the contrast media... weight was actually down from my last IP weigh in before all of this started. So have patience. Figuring I won't know how much I actually weigh for real for probably another week. (If they don't repeat anything or order something new.) By then I should also have some answers and a treatment plan...Hope you are getting answers.
Thanks so much 65X65 I go back to the doctor this week and see what he says. The antibiotics seem to have done some good as the thought is that I had some infection. But since the pain I was feeling is intermittent, it is hard to know whether down the road there may be something else. The CAT scan reading should give some information.

Until then, I am just hanging tough. That contrast fluid was gross and who knows what the iodine does! I would LOVE to have a nice loss this week, but it will be what it will be because I have been perfect! With that self knowledge, I can take whatever comes my way.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:28 PM   #501
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Just saying hello before we get a new thread. I'm doing okay.Hope the pain is truely gone Schenectedy. Sending positive thoughts your way.

Restart 6/3/14 using alternative brands

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
― Winston Churchill
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.