Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 11

You're on Page 10 of 34
Go to
  • Well, successfully navigated phase one on my birthday, but I am NOT ever dieting on my birthday again EVER. New rule! I had Strawberry Wafer as my restricted that day, that helped somewhat, and both non-restricted were the RM chocolate pudding.

So my birthday featured a tornado and flash flooding! Yikes! This crazy weather needs to stop!

Not much going on, just wanted to post to bump this up!
  • Quote: Well, successfully navigated phase one on my birthday, but I am NOT ever dieting on my birthday again EVER. New rule! I had Strawberry Wafer as my restricted that day, that helped somewhat, and both non-restricted were the RM chocolate pudding.

So my birthday featured a tornado and flash flooding! Yikes! This crazy weather needs to stop!

Happy Birthday!!! And congratulations for staying OP. I'll bet that was hard!

Sorry to hear about the tornado & flash flooding.
  • Quote: Well, successfully navigated phase one on my birthday, but I am NOT ever dieting on my birthday again EVER. New rule! I had Strawberry Wafer as my restricted that day, that helped somewhat, and both non-restricted were the RM chocolate pudding.

Congratulations Alison on your success and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! No one has to say the birthday gift you gave yourself of a healthier you is worth it all...but happy hand claps to you for staying OP on your day. You had much to clebrate!!
  • Happy birthday, Alison! Congrats on your wonderful weight loss! What a. fabulous birthday present to yourself!
  • Good Morning Everyone! It's the start of a long weekend here, and I'm looking forward to having the down time.

I've been on P1/P2 for a week now, and things are going well. I weighed mid-week and I'd lost about 3 lbs - no doubt water weight at that point. I'm going to stay with P1/P2 until I get back to slightly below my goal weight again, then I'll start the phase-out.

It's a great feeling to feel svelte through the mid-section again (that's where the extra lbs always creep back on me first, and that bloatiness has pretty much left), and to have the cravings under control again. I'd forgotten how 'in control' and satisfied I feel on P1!

Alison - Belated Happy Birthday!! Congrats on staying OP!

Everyone have a great day!
  • Happy Birthday, Alison! Despite the scary weather, this has to be an important birthday for you with all of your success! I can't wait to see how far I am by my birthday at the end of September.

Evepet--I am glad you are doing well on your re-boot. I agree about the sense of control It is very empowering!
  • Thanks for the birthday wishes! I weighed myself at home today and think I am down about 4 pounds, weigh in is on Tuesday. It is kind of exciting because I realize that I now have less than 20 pounds to lose! That really seems like nothing to me!

Have a great week, everyone!
  • Hellloooooo, where is everyone??

Weighed in today, lost 4 pounds and (drum roll) hit a NORMAL BMI! My fat percentage is good and my waist is 31, so at this point I am going to lose 10 more pounds and then transition to phase 2. Not sure how long that will take. My waist really should be about a half an inch smaller to reflect half my height, but I am not going to quibble over that. So, I have revised my goal upward to reflect the 10 pounds and working toward that!

I just can't believe it! So happy! : )

Have a great week everyone, and stick with it!!
  • Quote: Hellloooooo, where is everyone??

Weighed in today, lost 4 pounds and (drum roll) hit a NORMAL BMI! My fat percentage is good and my waist is 31, so at this point I am going to lose 10 more pounds and then transition to phase 2. Not sure how long that will take. My waist really should be about a half an inch smaller to reflect half my height, but I am not going to quibble over that. So, I have revised my goal upward to reflect the 10 pounds and working toward that!

Congratulations Alison!! Normal BMI...that is exhilarating!! There is a calculator for waist to hip ratio which is a predictor for coronary disease...what is the height thing relationship to waist size if you don't mind sharing? These numbers are all seemingly...extremely important...not just the number on the scale.

Waist hip calculator:
    http://www.healthstatus.com/calculat...t-to-hip-ratio

Congratulations....! Whooooo!!!
    To you!!!!
  • Alison
  • Quote: Congratulations Alison!! Normal BMI...that is exhilarating!! There is a calculator for waist to hip ratio which is a predictor for coronary disease...what is the height thing relationship to waist size if you don't mind sharing? These numbers are all seemingly...extremely important...not just the number on the scale.
    I googled waist to height ratio. Lots of info. In a nutshell, waist circumference should be less than half of height. So a 60 inch height, waist should be less than 30. May be a better indicator than BMI.
  • Quote: Hellloooooo, where is everyone??

WOW! Congratulations, what a terrific accomplishment!!!
  • I would love to join I with this group I am a wonderful 58 and have approx. 100 to lose Its only day 2.
  • Thanks for the well wishes!

Lisa is correct, the number I have heard is that your waist should be half your height or smaller. I am 5'1.5", so I should be no more than 30.5 and I am 31. But, I am hoping that I will get there with the last 10 pounds. OR that I may grow a half an inch, LOL. ; )

Chinookgirl, we all had a "day 2" - stay with it, you will get a lot of support here! It takes a while to get the whole way to where you want, but you start feeling MUCH more comfortable way earlier than that! We are all rooting for you!

My clinic got in the orange wafers and I bought a box, but have not tried them yet. I was in a White Cheddar Ridge frame of mind today!

Thanks again for all of your support!
  • Thx Lisa and Alison...
    All of these measurements are a bit mind boggling..but I can see the importance. Gives me a few more goals to strive for. Don't want to be doing all of this and still not fit into the "healthy or low risk category" after the better part of a year!

At 4'10"...I feel it is going take constant attention to make sure I never finish a standard portion of ANYTHING for the rest of my life...less calories to run my machine ... and since I'll be 65...in 7 weeks...need I say more? Also found several calculators a while back that will help me determine my calorie needs after P3...and it is not generous! Like: 1100-1200 range depending on activity levels. That is diet central for most people. Need to take up knitting or furniture restoration to keep my mind and hands occupied!