Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 12:32 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKande03 View Post
Whew! What a weekend!!! Stayed OP which I am super excited about. I got engaged Saturday morning. Still super stoked. I wasn't expecting it at all. I thought we were going for a couples massage...long story short while my hand was getting massaged he slipped a ring on my finger.

Anyway...even more encourage to stay OP! 25lbs by July 4th and then another 25 by May 9, 2014!
Congrats!!

I'm so proud of myself for staying OP through 4 days at my parents house in addition to a 3.5 hour drive both ways, eating out twice, a party and fast food for the kids. With such a long drive, we're running into dinner time and too late to make dinner before bed. Surprisingly, Cracker Barrel has a side salad we can eat, either take out the tomatoes or count them but it was nice to have something! My parents house always feels like a place to eat whatever I want in excess. But I made it through! I think it will get easier as time goes too! I kept telling myself, if I just keep to it, by next month when I visit again, I'll be way smaller!
Old 06-03-2013, 12:44 AM   #122  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKande03 View Post
Whew! What a weekend!!!

he slipped a ring on my finger.
!
How fun is THAT!!!! Such an exciting time in life. Embrace the joy.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:54 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 172/139/110

Height: 5"1'

First weigh in tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Old 06-03-2013, 01:14 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
I have had migraines for many years and over the last 2 years they have become increasingly debilitating. Last October I went to a neurologist, convinced I must have a brain tumor! Along with the headaches I also have periods of dizziness and have even had episodes of falling down after a "jolt" like sensation in my head. The neurologist could find no cause for the headaches and dizziness.

In January I went to my gyno and she suggested my symptoms could be related to menopause. I began taking estrogen around the same time I started IP.

I too have noticed my headaches have stopped, with the exception of the first week. After many years suffering with these terrible headaches, wouldn't it be something if it is related to what I was eating!? I would NEVER have believed that could be possible. After reading that a few others are experiencing relief from headaches, it seems plausible. I have been reluctant to hope that this will continue, but I sure hope it does.
I am very sensitive to birth control pills which contain estrogen and progesterone. For years I had migraines and didn't realize they disappeared until I stopped taking BC!
Old 06-03-2013, 05:34 AM   #125  
Jenn

S/C/G: 113/85/75

Quote:
Originally Posted by westland View Post
Hi. So I've been on IP just two days and am so appreciative of having this forum.

I'm struck by the headaches I have already. This dull ache that doesn't go away. I've done well so far. In fact I handled a house full of boys for a birthday party and junk food and didn't cheat.

I have to say - I can't stand lettuce. But I've found this awesome mix of kale, lettuce and slivers of brussel sprouts that I do enjoy and am hoping this first week if I have that instead of lettuce, it'll be a substitute that doesn't prevent me from losing my potential. Otherwise I was just so hungry today.

Though I suppose I'll need to get used to being hungry!

Anyway, just wanted to start interacting.
Westland - two quick points:

1. The first few days of eliminating carbs, especially simple carbs can create a flu like efffect. This includes headaches, bad breath, even nausea. This will pass as the body switches from burning the last of your depleted glycogen stores and moves into turning fat into energy (ketosis). You should notice the headaches go, increasing levels of energy and no energy fluctuations.

2. You won't stay hungry - the amounts being eaten should be enough and often enough that hungry is not an issue. At the moment your body is just not used to the engery sources you have (intake and stored) as it is only used to using intake as energy.

Good luck and you will be through the carb flu soon.
Closed Thread