Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 11:28 PM   #1  

Default Ideal Protein Weekend Chat May 25/26, 2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 05-25-2013, 07:11 AM   #2  

Happy Weekend All!

For those of us in the US, Memorial Day Weekend is the unofficial "first weekend of summer"

We have a Blues Fest I want to hit up this weekend. Also a friend's band will be playing outside on Sunday

And there are THREE diffferent BBQ competitions in town this weekend (can't go hungry to those!)

I posted this quote in another thread. It is not just for a holiday weekend but for ANY special occasion:

Love this Daily Tip from Beck Diet Solution

This Memorial Day weekend, if you’re at events and think, “It’s not fair I can’t eat normally like everyone else,” remind yourself that you are eating 100% normally for someone (of your age and gender) with your weight loss/weight maintenance goals.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 153.8/142/120

Height: 5'0"

Good morning! It's raining pretty hard here, so I woke up early and started my day by checking in with all of you. Whatever the weather or circumstances where you are, I hope you all have a wonderful day. For those of us in the US, have a good Memorial Weekend. I live in a city with a few military bases, and my fiancé is a veteran, so we will hopefully be involved in some sort of observance when he gets home from work. If not, we'll do something on our own. Plus, when I go visit my mom (she has moderately severe Alzheimer's and requires full-time care), I'm hoping they have something planned for the veterans and spouses/widows in their care.
For those of you who have served/are serving, and especially for those who have lost someone, there are no words to express my gratitude for your service and sacrifice.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Morning everyone, not the best weather here either. We were suppose to be camping but decided that we didn't want to make our first trip out this year a wet one. Only four weeks until our son gets married, so there is lots to do around the house.

Am proud to be a veteran, 8 years in the US Air Force.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:04 AM   #5  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetylady View Post
Morning everyone, not the best weather here either. We were suppose to be camping but decided that we didn't want to make our first trip out this year a wet one. Only four weeks until our son gets married, so there is lots to do around the house.

Am proud to be a veteran, 8 years in the US Air Force.
Thank you for your service.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Happy Memorial Day to Safety Lady and all our veterans! So appreciate
you all! and the men and women presently serving!

Wet and rain here in CT too, wanted to wash windows and plant flowers, maybe tomorrow.

We dont have a family bbq party to go to till Monday!! so thankful, easier to stay on track, offered to bring big tossed salad and a healthy appetizer,
anybody have any good ideas for veggies & dip thats not the sameold sameold?
I will scan the recipes threads too.

Enjoy the weekend! God bless!

D
Old 05-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #7  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Happy Weekend All!

For those of us in the US, Memorial Day Weekend is the unofficial "first weekend of summer"

We have a Blues Fest I want to hit up this weekend. Also a friend's band will be playing outside on Sunday

And there are THREE diffferent BBQ competitions in town this weekend (can't go hungry to those!)

I posted this quote in another thread. It is not just for a holiday weekend but for ANY special occasion:

Love this Daily Tip from Beck Diet Solution

This Memorial Day weekend, if you’re at events and think, “It’s not fair I can’t eat normally 5like everyone else,” remind yourself that you are eating 100% normally for someone (of your age and gender) with your weight loss/weight maintenance goals.
Great quote and really puts things in perspective. Yesterday I was feeling the hungriest I have felt yet. I had a little pity party, and was thinking ahead to the 4th of July. I have family coming from another state to visit then. I was feeling sorry for myself that I won't be enjoying the cocktails, chips, dips, etc...while we go boating among other activities.

Then, I mentally smacked myself and realized that no snack or drink is worth feeling unhealthy and overweight. Nor will the satisfaction last as long as the great way I will feel!

I thank all of you who are serving our country and remember those who have given their lives, including my dear uncle.

Happy Memorial Day.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:25 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

I'm making an extremely large Rhubarb Crisp for a Memorial Day cookout at the lake. I hope everyone likes it
Old 05-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

Hello everyone.

Lucky us we just past our first Long weekend " Victoria day" , it was hard but the BBQ is a saving, chicken breast can go wrong.

Today we are watching a soccer game form back home, planing to have some pork .

Q : I am in 3 week and I am having a light headache , have this happened to any one.

I lost 2 more pound this week .... yheaaa
Old 05-25-2013, 10:24 AM   #10  
Start Date Oct. 29, 2014!

S/C/G: 215/215/125

Height: 4'11

Happy Memorial Day weekend! I finished week 2 and I'm down another 6.7 lbs, for a total of 16.7 lbs lost so far!

We've got a bbq today but we are pre-making our dinner here and bringing it there to grill...assembling our bison burger patties and lettuce wraps/condiments, etc. and bringing an EAS carb control drink (frozen) to act as a shake

Hope everyone has a great holiday!
Old 05-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfonseca3017 View Post
Hello everyone.

Lucky us we just past our first Long weekend " Victoria day" , it was hard but the BBQ is a saving, chicken breast can go wrong.

Today we are watching a soccer game form back home, planing to have some pork .

Q : I am in 3 week and I am having a light headache , have this happened to any one.

I lost 2 more pound this week .... yheaaa
I forget which one it was, but week 3 or 4 was really difficult for me. I felt sick, headache, and starving.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #12  
Started IP 5-13-13

S/C/G: 220/203/170

Height: 5'9

Happy Memorial Day Weekend everybody and many thanks and blessings to our troops and their families who sacrifice so much for us! Made the Artisan Flat Bread yesterday, with the Potato Puree packet, and it was GREAT! Really satisfied the craving for bread I've been having. Tonight's dinner will be Rainbowsmiles crab cakes and mockamole. YUM!
Old 05-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Woke up at 9:45am and went straight to the bathroom. It's 11am and I've been like 3-4 times already :-/

Going to try to get all my veggies and packets in, but it's so hard when my stomach is upset!!
Old 05-25-2013, 11:23 AM   #14  
ThisGrannysOnFire

S/C/G: 287/237.6/150

Happy Memorial Weekend! The sky is blue, no wind (yet) and it is a beautiful day in Wyoming! Thank you to my husband and all of the others who have served our great country!

Here's to a fun filled weekend and staying OP.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #15  
Started IP 5/18/13

S/C/G: 238/130/125

Happy Memorial Day weekend to my US neighbors!

A mixed feeling of emotions every year for me this weekend. My DH is a disabled Vietnam Vet, and I know he is very proud and appreciative. But it also is the weekend that my Dad passed away 36 yrs ago, so I think about him and miss him.

No matter where you are, I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Edited to add - Had my week 1 weigh-in this AM and I am down 12 lbs!!!

Last edited by purplepetunia; 05-25-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Closed Thread