Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin View Post
Ok, so I know I shouldn't weigh myself everyday but since I took my break a week ago and gained 10lbs I am now nervous. I have been weighing myself every morning since rebooting on Monday and it has been going down (average 3 lbs a day) until this morning I was so hungry yesterday I had another non-restricted for a total of 3 plus 1 restricted. This morning the scale stayed the same. I have only been weighing for my own sake. I go for my real weigh in with my coach Monday, but I'm now worried it won't move between now and then
I would suggest not weighing yourself in between appointments with your coach.

Also, even if you have a zero loss week, is it going to change how you follow the protocol tomorrow, the next day, the day after, etc.

It is what it is...follow the plan and eventually the scale will drop.

There is nothing you can do to speed it up, if there was we would all be doing it!
Old 05-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

So excited! My clinic will have the ready-made chocolate pudding cups on Tuesday!

Yum, can't wait to try. I know you Canadians have had them for years...how are they?!?!
Old 05-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 265/154/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
So excited! My clinic will have the ready-made chocolate pudding cups on Tuesday!

Yum, can't wait to try. I know you Canadians have had them for years...how are they?!?!
They're really good! I can't stand any if the powdered puddings, and was reluctant to try the pre-mixed, but I quite enjoy them.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #49  

Height: 5'7"

It's a yard work weekend, love playing in the dirt! Yesterday I made a crockpot of chicken breasts n'peppers so I'm ready for that quick meal and head back outside for more sunshine.

I have a question...does this board have Moderators?
Old 05-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #50  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 188.8/175/140

Height: 5'4"

My coach told me that my body absorbs and holds onto carbs. It stores them all. My 4 days off I had bread & pasta almost with every meal so I knew I was going to gain. Thursday I weighed 138, Monday I weighed 146.2, I have been weighing myself everyday to make sure that I loose everything I put on! I don't normally weigh myself between appt. (and when I go for my weigh in tomorrow I wont weigh myself in between anymore) but Tuesday I weighed 143.0, wends. I was 140.4, Thursday I was 138.2, Friday I weighed 137.2 and Saturday stayed the same. But I had an extra packet Friday because I was so hungry. And I wasn't sure if the no change was because of the extra packet, the exercise I did, or if my body is finally back to where it was before and I'll go back to loosing 1-2 lbs a week now. I know the diet works! I have had excellent loss but its nerve wracking when the scale doesn't move even when you think your doing everything right. I just don't want to hinder myself from reaching my goal so I guess I get worried when it doesn't move. But thanks for all the advice/tips/support! Its reassuring to hear others who are/have been in the same situation.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 296/259/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post

I like the vanilla better than the chocolate but the ready made are great....take in purse/ car when I am out and may need something. So easy to pick up a salad anywhere, even a fast food place but with the ingredients of these restaurants' meat sources being op, the pudding rounds out the meal and unlike a bar isn't restricted. The added convenience is the biggest benefit!
Old 05-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #52  
IP Start Date 5/13/13

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 5'7"

Default Survived first Party and stayed OP

I won't lie and say it was easy, but it wasn't impossible. Despite reading everything on these boards about planning in advance, I decided to go in with my conviction, and my bottle of Poland Spring. Ha! Well, I know better for next time.

Today was my cousin's son's 2nd birthday party. The party was at 2. I figured we would eat lunch, get there around 2:30 and leave by 4:30 or so. I didn't plan on a meal being served. I knew there would be snacks and cake, but holy moley - she had a buffet to die for!!!!! My husband is doing IP with me, and we're just wrapping up week 2, so we politely declined every passing tray and just kept chugging our H20. Family did notice the weight loss and were very supportive, despite not understanding the protocol. "Here, you can have fruit" or "how about some carrots?" were common lines.

Nevertheless, we stayed strong. As our reward, we came home and cooked two delicious 8 oz filet mignons on the grill, served with asparagus. I don't think I've every enjoyed a meal so much in my life!!!!!!

So, we did it, despite being a little naive and not a lot of planning. I imagine with some planning, this could be even easier. NOTE TO SELF: Don't doubt the advice of those on 3FC with proven results. Ever!!!!
Old 05-26-2013, 07:47 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin View Post
My coach told me that my body absorbs and holds onto carbs. It stores them all. My 4 days off I had bread & pasta almost with every meal so I knew I was going to gain. Thursday I weighed 138, Monday I weighed 146.2, I have been weighing myself everyday to make sure that I loose everything I put on!
When you eat carbs, your body will want to use carbs. But your weight gain is probably due to the restoration of glycogen stores. Glycogen binds water. Hence you retain water. For a weight gain of 1 lb, you need to eat an extra 3500 calories of what your body burns per day. I doubt you were eating that much. What you experience is the reverse of the rapid loss you see when you start a ketogenic diet. It is the fat loss that matters.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:20 PM   #54  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangdog View Post
I won't lie and say it was easy, but it wasn't impossible. Despite reading everything on these boards about planning in advance, I decided to go in with my conviction, and my bottle of Poland Spring. Ha! Well, I know better for next time.

Today was my cousin's son's 2nd birthday party. The party was at 2. I figured we would eat lunch, get there around 2:30 and leave by 4:30 or so. I didn't plan on a meal being served. I knew there would be snacks and cake, but holy moley - she had a buffet to die for!!!!! My husband is doing IP with me, and we're just wrapping up week 2, so we politely declined every passing tray and just kept chugging our H20. Family did notice the weight loss and were very supportive, despite not understanding the protocol. "Here, you can have fruit" or "how about some carrots?" were common lines.

Nevertheless, we stayed strong. As our reward, we came home and cooked two delicious 8 oz filet mignons on the grill, served with asparagus. I don't think I've every enjoyed a meal so much in my life!!!!!!

So, we did it, despite being a little naive and not a lot of planning. I imagine with some planning, this could be even easier. NOTE TO SELF: Don't doubt the advice of those on 3FC with proven results. Ever!!!!
OMG, you both did great! Good for you!
I'd rather have filet mignon and asparagus instead of cake anyday! LOL!
You should be proud of yourselves, its not easy sometimes, the mind has
to stay focused and have patience for journey. Its great you have
eachother to support one another.

Happy Memorial Day!
D
Old 05-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #55  
To be fit and FLY....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangdog View Post

Great job staying strong. My hubby is on IP with me and no one understands the protocol either...they always want to offer fruit...Ahhh. someday.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:48 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 196.5/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

So my husband said tonight : "I have never seen you eat so many salads!"
I said: "smack me if I start hopping around and twitching my nose!"
Old 05-26-2013, 11:42 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 296/259/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamo girl View Post
So my husband said tonight : "I have never seen you eat so many salads!"
I said: "smack me if I start hopping around and twitching my nose!"
Lol!
Old 05-26-2013, 11:58 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Made some rhubarb with WF strawberry syrup and blended it with an IP strawberry pudding, extra water, and ice. Absolutely delicious!! I love the tartness of rhubarb.
Closed Thread