3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Men on IP Vol 6

Old 06-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #61

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Every now and then I like checking out the guys perspective on IP. I've always enjoyed how straight forward men are. We woman can be complicated and over think. Thanks for letting me lurk.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #62
PatientDet

S/C/G: 328/See Ticker/250

Height: 6'3"

Default Wow

So, almost done with first week. Thoughts.
1. My aches and pains have subsided considerably. Amazing.
2. I have not been hungry too often. Still really wanted to eat carbs at moments. My tastes in food change. Ice cream and many other foods that I would eat at times, sound gross. But a bread stick sure sounds good.
3. Never thought cabbage or other vegetables were sweet. But I sure notice it now.
4. I feel more moderate. No big ups and downs. Probably the moderated insulin or something.
5. This.. at least at this point, is not terribly hard. I like the fact that the consequences of one major carb screw up are severe. Keeps me going... not that it is too hard. And I can't wait to see the weight come off. I wanted to wait until Tuesday morning foir my weigh in, but yesterday I cheated and got on the scale. Over 7 pounds in 5 days.
6. This is so motivating. Don't want this honeymoon phase to end. Hopefully it does not.
BigMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:16 AM   #63

Hit the 100lb mark this Sunday! I got two weeks of phase one to go before I phase off last week of June to prepare for my July 4th week vacation! After that I will be back at the IP Clinic on 7/13 for a post vacation/phase one jump start WI until September I am hoping!
Old 06-10-2013, 08:53 AM   #64
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/167/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
Hit the 100lb mark this Sunday! I got two weeks of phase one to go before I phase off last week of June to prepare for my July 4th week vacation! After that I will be back at the IP Clinic on 7/13 for a post vacation/phase one jump start WI until September I am hoping!
Excellent! Just don't think about needing the ice cream/pizza bump to get things started again

M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
Excellent! Just don't think about needing the ice cream/pizza bump to get things started again
Nope I am over that little hiccup.

I actually felt like crap the next day and it made me think about the future once I am off the diet. If sticking to protocol and eating good foods makes me feel so great, then why even bother loading up with junk on the "Free" day once your in maintenance mode? Will see how it all works out in the end.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #66

S/C/G: 221/181/175

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Nope I am over that little hiccup.

I actually felt like crap the next day and it made me think about the future once I am off the diet. If sticking to protocol and eating good foods makes me feel so great, then why even bother loading up with junk on the "Free" day once your in maintenance mode? Will see how it all works out in the end.
I am still a month or so out from even worrying about this, but I am confused on the "free day".
Is this really the same as the "Major Cheat"?

Or is the major cheat a second day that someone takes and you have to go phase 1 for a day afterward?

In other words, if Friday I go to lunch with coworkers, then am having so much fun that I eat what I feel that evening and that happens EVERY friday, I am following plan and don't need to repent saturday? Or does that mean that I need to go phase I saturday?

If it truly is free, would waking up the next day and doing it again mean that I had to go phase I sunday?

Seems too easy to get to have a weekend to do what you want and pay for it Sunday or Monday and then live "normally" under maintenance Tues-Thurs.
wk 3: -3.60 wk 8: -2.4
wk 4: -2.80 wk 9: -2.6
wk 5: -3.80 wk 10: -2.6

Last edited by IPguy442 : 06-10-2013 at 02:38 PM.
IPguy442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #67

S/C/G: 257/200/190(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMikey View Post
So, almost done with first week. Thoughts.
1. My aches and pains have subsided considerably. Amazing.
2. I have not been hungry too often. Still really wanted to eat carbs at moments. My tastes in food change. Ice cream and many other foods that I would eat at times, sound gross. But a bread stick sure sounds good.
3. Never thought cabbage or other vegetables were sweet. But I sure notice it now.
4. I feel more moderate. No big ups and downs. Probably the moderated insulin or something.
5. This.. at least at this point, is not terribly hard. I like the fact that the consequences of one major carb screw up are severe. Keeps me going... not that it is too hard. And I can't wait to see the weight come off. I wanted to wait until Tuesday morning foir my weigh in, but yesterday I cheated and got on the scale. Over 7 pounds in 5 days.
6. This is so motivating. Don't want this honeymoon phase to end. Hopefully it does not.
Glad to hear the first week went well. I recall that my taste in foods changed as well. I really found that I loved vegetables, and I expanded the list to include some that I had never really given a chance (roasted brussel sprouts for instance!). Keeping the diet interesting with lots of herbs and spices and interesting flavours made the time fly by like nothing.
Shawsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:49 PM   #68
PatientDet

S/C/G: 328/See Ticker/250

Default Congratulations to Dolemite

congratulations to Dolemite. I only hope that my determination will take me as far.

Question: I perhaps did a dumb thing today, and went and did weight lifting followed by 10 minutes of intense eliptical. Very high heart rate. I drank an extra protein shake, but otherwise followed the plan.

This afternoon at work, I had a very hard time keeping focused and thinking clearly. Not so much low energy, as low brain power. I am certainly in a cognitive fog. I googled around and found this article:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/low-carb-flu/

My guess is the workout, and my adjustment to the diet, got the best of me. I feel a little clearer this evening after eating lean turkey burgers and mushrooms.

Anyone experience that?
BigMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:10 AM   #69
4/15/13

S/C/G: 232.4/TTT/160

Height: 5'9"

Do any of you guys supplement a pack for a protein powder? I'm currently doing alternatives and rather pick up a jar from a local health food store instead of ordering that syntrex nectar stuff which I find gross
Old 06-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #70
IP Start 01/25/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMikey View Post
Question: I perhaps did a dumb thing today, and went and did weight lifting followed by 10 minutes of intense eliptical. Very high heart rate. I drank an extra protein shake, but otherwise followed the plan.

This afternoon at work, I had a very hard time keeping focused and thinking clearly. Not so much low energy, as low brain power. I am certainly in a cognitive fog. I googled around and found this article:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/low-carb-flu/

My guess is the workout, and my adjustment to the diet, got the best of me. I feel a little clearer this evening after eating lean turkey burgers and mushrooms.
Your getting far too few calories for intense workouts even with an extra packet. That's why the protocol advises no exercise that gets your heart rate up. Back off on the gym until you're a couple months into the program at least and then keep it to a low intensity deal and no cardio.

People have different needs and should base their diet and exercise program off of those. People who have a need to exercise hard while trying to lose weight should switch to a different diet than the IP protocol.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #71

S/C/G: 295/ticker/230

Quote:
Dolemite wowza! Congratulation on the 100 pound loss. Saturday I went to a place that cell weights, I just kept looking at the 45 pound plate, the 10 pound place and hopping to ad the 5 pound to the weight I have loss. You have two forty five pound plates and a 10 pounder! That's a lot of weight! Again Congratulation on your weight loss and sticking to it. Have fun on vacation.

Remember, getting the weight off is the easy part, keeping it off is the hard part
GoBears60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:46 AM   #72
IP Start 01/25/13

It finally happened this morning! Out of the shower weight 168.5! I have not seen that number since some time in 1973 (3rd grade) and at that time it wasn't a welcome number.

I found out last night that I'm going to be the best man at a wedding TOMORROW. Pulled my one and only suit out and discovered that I could probably fit 2 of me in there now. Guess I'm going clothes shopping today.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #73

S/C/G: 221/181/175

Height: 5'10

Quote:
It finally happened this morning! Out of the shower weight 168.5! I have not seen that number since some time in 1973 (3rd grade) and at that time it wasn't a welcome number.

I found out last night that I'm going to be the best man at a wedding TOMORROW. Pulled my one and only suit out and discovered that I could probably fit 2 of me in there now. Guess I'm going clothes shopping today.
This is AWESOME!!!
I just know that you will have a big-'ol grin on your face when you are picking that suit out.
You will probably be looking like a kid with a New Sting-Ray bike under the christmas tree on christmas morning as you whip out the AmEX to pay for the suit. I imagine the store manager will be wondering what drugs you took as you skip out the door, beaming with a multi-hundred dollar purchase in your hands! LOL

Congrats and I hope to be right behind you soon!
wk 3: -3.60 wk 8: -2.4
wk 4: -2.80 wk 9: -2.6
wk 5: -3.80 wk 10: -2.6

IPguy442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #74

S/C/G: 295/ticker/230

Quote:

You might try the Salvation Army store, for suits that have grown to big for other people that have gained weight. Not everyone keeps all their crap like I did. Congratulations and may there be a good used M35A2 deuce and a half in your future!

Remember, getting the weight off is the easy part, keeping it off is the hard part
GoBears60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #75
IP Start 01/25/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBears60 View Post
You might try the Salvation Army store, for suits that have grown to big for other people that have gained weight. Not everyone keeps all their crap like I did. Congratulations and may there be a good used M35A2 deuce and a half in your future!
Already have one of those. Looking to get a MKT (mobile kitchen trailer) to go with it now. Talk about a tailgating combo!!

Decided to hit Men's Wearhouse today. Guy asked what size I wore and I said I had no idea since the last suit I bought was at least 50lbs ago and more likely 60.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Suit1.jpg (9.0 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Suit2.jpg (13.3 KB, 35 views)

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.