Old 06-03-2013, 01:30 PM   #31  

97lbs later I finally cracked.

I had an ice cream and some pizza yesterday... Aside from the ice cream being EPIC! The pizza, my most favorite food in the world at what I call the best pizza place in the universe, did no blow me away. I would rather have had something at home...

Monday BACK ON IT! Going strong for the next 3 weeks, then phasing off for a week long vacation, first one with wife in over 4 years! My clinic said go for it, just be back here the following week!
Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #32  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
97lbs later I finally cracked.

I had an ice cream and some pizza yesterday... Aside from the ice cream being EPIC! The pizza, my most favorite food in the world at what I call the best pizza place in the universe, did no blow me away. I would rather have had something at home...

Monday BACK ON IT! Going strong for the next 3 weeks, then phasing off for a week long vacation, first one with wife in over 4 years! My clinic said go for it, just be back here the following week!
It happens. Sounds like you've brushed yourself off and getting back on so that's what matters. Three weeks from now you'll probably break that 100lb barrier and I'd think that would be some awesome motivation to keep going.
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:04 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 295/ticker/230

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadedge View Post
I just checked GoBear's numbers and he is up on me by a lb!! Well brother, the race is on! See u at 220!!
Well I am having some troubles...

Started those bust workouts today. 12 minutes of working out 3 times a week. Ran up to the 4th floor from the basement 4 times early this morning. I have been white knuckling it since this morning. I am sooooo hungry.

May have to rethink this before Ledge pulls ahead.
GoBears60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:13 AM   #34  
PatientDet

Question Question for men

So, I am doing this all on my own, after lots of study of alternatives. Start in the morning and very nervous but determined to make it through week 1, knowing it can start hard. I am a very big, somewhat muscular man, but certainly way fat too. Starting around 328. So, those of you who have a clinician, or are on the official program, are there any special rules for men? I have read elsewhere, they may allow one more protein snack a day. Or, should I just take the one size fits all program and go? Any variations you have received, considering the higher muscle mass and associated metabolism. I guess, if there were no accomidations, it would simply allow the fat to come off quicker for big guys. Thoughts?
BigMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:36 AM   #35  
PatientDet

Default Think I found the answer.

Think I found the answer. According to one thread, I can have as many as 2 extra packets (very low carb snacks) a day. I don't want to sabotage or rationalize. I will see how it goes, and take 1 more if I am really struggling. But I bet some of you have experience, and I would like to hear. Thanks
BigMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:13 AM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMikey View Post
So, I am doing this all on my own, after lots of study of alternatives. Start in the morning and very nervous but determined to make it through week 1, knowing it can start hard. I am a very big, somewhat muscular man, but certainly way fat too. Starting around 328. So, those of you who have a clinician, or are on the official program, are there any special rules for men? I have read elsewhere, they may allow one more protein snack a day. Or, should I just take the one size fits all program and go? Any variations you have received, considering the higher muscle mass and associated metabolism. I guess, if there were no accomidations, it would simply allow the fat to come off quicker for big guys. Thoughts?
With your Height and size my clinic would allow you between 8-12oz of lean protein a day. I am only 6' and started at 375. I went with 4 oz at lunch and 8 oz at dinner for the first two months and my coaches had no issue with it. I eventually scaled back to 3oz at lunch and 5oz at dinner but then again I am only 6' tall. I got a guy here at work who started with me and graduated the program eating 12oz all the way through phase 1 and he is about 6'2.

The only other thing they may recommend for someone with your size, if your very active, is a 4th protein packet a day, but for now I would just stick with the 3 and eat 12oz of fish/chicken/lean meats per day. Split them up depending on your eat schedule for breakfast/lunch/dinner. I just split them up for Lunch/Dinner, for breakfast I make a chocolate shake which incorporates 1 cup of baby spinach, 1/4 teaspoon of salt for the day, 12oz of cold water, 6 icecubes, shot of sugar free divinci chocolate syrup, chocolate drink mix protein packet, and my ninja blender. The first 3-4 days will be the worst, I felt so energetic from the 5th day onward! Drink tons of water, you will pee all the time but just think every time you have to go your pissing away your fat! Don't do anything strenuous at all for the first few weeks, trust me. Just sit back and let it melt off you. If your laying down during the day don't spring up or you may catch a dizzy spell. Take your time, relax, and let the diet do all the hard work.

I know it sounds lazy but that's what I found works best. I messed with exercise and what not and all it did was make me feel more hungry and it slowed down weight loss on the weeks that I tried it. I am waiting until up until I am close to phasing off before I start exercise. Good luck to you, I have tried every diet in the book and so far this has been the best one with the biggest results!

Last edited by Dolemite; 06-04-2013 at 05:26 AM.
Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:09 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 221/181/175

Height: 5'10

I'm only 5'10" and "only" had 45 lbs to lose. i sometimes don't measure my veggies too well and have a little over two cups. I also eyeball my lean meats and will go with 8-10oz lean meats in the evening.
I am averaging over 4 lbs per week in weight loss so far and have about 15 to go.
I will be paying more attention to my food portions, but also realize as was said that your activity level requires more protein if you exercise beyond something like 20 min walking per day.
my coach just upped me to 40 minutes of exercise at no more than 60% exertion and didn't ask me to up my protein.

Last edited by IPguy442; 06-04-2013 at 06:12 AM.
IPguy442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #38  
IP Start 01/25/13

Quote:
Think I found the answer. According to one thread, I can have as many as 2 extra packets (very low carb snacks) a day. I don't want to sabotage or rationalize. I will see how it goes, and take 1 more if I am really struggling. But I bet some of you have experience, and I would like to hear. Thanks
You'll find by reading this forum that there isn't a lot of conformity between coaches across the country. One coach will say one thing and another coach will say the exact opposite. My coach, for someone your size, would say to use 4 protein packets a day for at least the 1st week and then see how you feel moving down to 3/day but still sticking to the 4 cups of veggies and 8oz of real protein. Who knows what the "official" IP protocol is. The Phase sheets don't mention any deviation by size or weight of the person.

Hope the weather is improving in ID. I'll be up there in a week and a half to visit family and I don't want to be too much of a shock coming from 90 degree temps.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:10 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 295/ticker/230

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
So, I am doing this all on my own, after lots of study of alternatives. ... Thoughts?
To add to what I have read below.
Welcome aboard!

We are the same height, I started 33.5 pounds less then you.
I took a week off from work, and I am glad I did because I felt like crap for 3 days.
I cancelled all social engagements for 1 month. From Jan 2 to whenever the Superbowl was in Feb. I kept TV to a minimum because of food commercials. I replaced it by reading everything I could about IP. I also watched a ton of You-Tube video's on IP.
I was worried about giving up booze, but that was surprisingly a non issue.
I cut out the cadio exercise and do boot-camp 2 times a week. I just put back cardio and I am finding the harder I exercise the harder it is to stay on plan. Which goes against the grain of everything I have read about weight loss.
It is great having my wife do this with me.

If your not going to follow pure phase 1, I implore you to be very strict about logging everything you put in your mouth.

I am currently having a WWE SmackDown with Ledge. He thinks he is going to beat me to 220,

Good luck!
GoBears60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Men! I'm a "lurker" and a woman but this topic came up in a thread a couple weeks ago and will re-post what I wrote there:

I know all coaches give different advice so there's always differing opinions.

Most people use 3 packets (2 non-restricted, 1 restricted) per day.

In the IP clinic manuel, it's listed this way:

201-240 pounds = 4 packets/day
241-280 pounds = 5 packets/day
281-320 pounds = 6 packets/day

Of course, still only 1 of those is restricted.

You could always sub in an EAS shake for your extras and stick to only 3 IP's per day.

Hope this helps...keep up the great work everyone!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:58 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 221/181/175

Height: 5'10

I'm smaller than some of you guys in starting weight and height, but one rule probably unique to my coach was no restricted until 4 weeks in.

anyone else heard that?
IPguy442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:59 AM   #42  
4/15/13

S/C/G: 232.4/TTT/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Hi Men! I'm a "lurker" and a woman but this topic came up in a thread a couple weeks ago and will re-post what I wrote there:

I know all coaches give different advice so there's always differing opinions.

Most people use 3 packets (2 non-restricted, 1 restricted) per day.

In the IP clinic manuel, it's listed this way:

201-240 pounds = 4 packets/day
241-280 pounds = 5 packets/day
281-320 pounds = 6 packets/day

Of course, still only 1 of those is restricted.

You could always sub in an EAS shake for your extras and stick to only 3 IP's per day.

Hope this helps...keep up the great work everyone!
I only did 3 packets per day (2/1) even though I could have done more

---

Oh and did the NWI this morning and 199.6!!!!
accgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:00 AM   #43  
4/15/13

S/C/G: 232.4/TTT/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPguy442 View Post
I'm smaller than some of you guys in starting weight and height, but one rule probably unique to my coach was no restricted until 4 weeks in.

anyone else heard that?
That's on the old sheets, the ones I have say restricted right away
accgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #44  
IP Start 01/25/13

I am a man of weakness and after nearly 19 weeks it almost caught up with me today.

One of my go-to lunches, pre-IP and growing a brain, was at a local BBQ chain called Bill Miller's. They have excellent fried chicken and I would eat there at least twice a week. Today I was taking a box of clothes to Goodwill and right next door was a Popeye's. While not my favorite fried chicken it was still good and they have a Tuesday special - 2 piece thigh/leg for $0.99! I was halfway through the parking lot when I started yelling "WTH ARE YOU DOING??" and slapped myself a couple of times. Here I am dropping off about 25lbs of clothes that are too big and I'm thinking about a couple of pieces of fried chicken.

It's going to take more than 5 months of being OP to break 49 1/2 years of bad habits but I'm still 19-0 on being good.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:41 PM   #45  

Exclamation Single digit body fat?

Do you know of anyone that went on this diet that was able to get to single digit body fat?
jlnoah87 is offline   Reply With Quote