Old 03-05-2014, 06:34 AM   #316  

Well I am back on it. I had to come off it for some very uncomfortable issues with the back end of things. I tried to exercise 60-70 minutes a day and stick to a low calorie diet but just failed like all get out. Put on about 40lbs between October and January. This time I am going the alternatives route to save money and so far the past two weeks have gone very well. Taking a dose of Miralax each day in hopes to help prevent the previous issues I had the first go around. Good to see some of you old timers still here and hello to those that are new! This diet works, just stick it out to the end, I hope I can this time!
Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:12 AM   #317  

S/C/G: 328/289/220

Height: 6'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
Well I am back on it. I had to come off it for some very uncomfortable issues with the back end of things. I tried to exercise 60-70 minutes a day and stick to a low calorie diet but just failed like all get out. Put on about 40lbs between October and January. This time I am going the alternatives route to save money and so far the past two weeks have gone very well. Taking a dose of Miralax each day in hopes to help prevent the previous issues I had the first go around. Good to see some of you old timers still here and hello to those that are new! This diet works, just stick it out to the end, I hope I can this time!
Stick with it. You can do it.
Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:39 PM   #318  

S/C/G: 272/219/200

Height: 6'2"

Thanks for the encouragement Jig. I am planning on sticking this out to the end. I seen what happens when you don't, plus its to easy of a diet to throw off completely. I figured a night of slight debauchery wouldn't kill myself. I read that alcohol does not reset set the process, but temporarily stops ketosis because the liver has to burn the alcohol toxins before it can go back to converting proteins into blood sugars. Once all the alcohol is burned your body resumes ketosis. As long as you don't incorporate a bunch of carbs with your alcohol you don't reverse ketosis.

That being said, I don't plan on drinking or breaking the diet again until my weight is down where I want it, and I don't encourage anyone to even tempt to have a splurge day. My experience was a terrible hangover an almost instant insane drunk. I don't care to have the same experience.

Welcome back Dolemite! I am glad that we are getting more posters active again.
Mason_Hookem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:44 PM   #319  
Started IP Sept. 24, 2013

S/C/G: 378/315/190

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
I used to have this same problem but my coach said it was because I wasn't eating the lettuce. Sooo I bought the packaged shredded lettuce at the grocery store and of course added any veggies I wanted along with a little WF Italian dressing, & sea salt. Not only was it delicious and a filling addition to a meal it cured me of the colon problem. I actually have to be careful to not eat too much lettuce now because my problem will lie in the opposite direction. LOL
64peppergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:40 PM   #320  

S/C/G: (Reboot) 297/See Ticker/220

Height: 6' 2"

Hi Dolemite, good to hear from you again!

Mason, you look like you have the same kinda body makeup as me 6'2" - 270s.

Are you an ex-athlete? For me as soon as I quit all my HS sports: Football, Rugby and Skiing, I packed it on. My 4 months of University I gained 40lbs and hadn't really stopped till last year. I maxed at 285.

I remember when I got to 245 (where you are) last time and I felt fantastic! 220 is the goal and I've got to make it this time.
leadedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:57 PM   #321  

Yeah I was all over high school athletics Edge. I played football, tennis, and basketball. I gained most my weight when I hurt my knees. I ended up having 5 knee surgeries between my junior and senior years of HS. Sucked majorly. I played lineman to which means I was used to eating big meals and working my *** off. I gained about 60 lbs between my junior and senior year before I took it off the last semester before college.

I am interested to see what I can actually get my body down to. My playing weight in football was about 220. I think I am probably healthy around 195, but I do not know. I have weighed under 200 since middle school. I know I won't get down as far as a bunch of these guys because I am large person in the body structure department. All these online BMI's are way off on me. I am at 245 and I am almost out of the at risk section. So after all this typing the answer is yeah we are probably working with the same body type.

I am pretty excited to be under 250 again. Its been over 4 years I think. I am about 2 inches away from fitting into all my favorite shorts. They are 38's and I am comfortably in a 40 right now. Funny thing is I take my shirt off and realize that I still have so much more weight to take off. I am looking good in clothes, but shirt off is far from comfortable. That's my motivation.

You restarters are going to do great. You know the game plan and you know the consequence of failure. I'll try to let my continued enthused self spill over encouragement.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:00 PM   #322  

Oh and by the way, I am going to rip someones head off if the NFL does away with or moves the extra point back. I am tired of Roger Good"fail" ruining the sport I love. At the same point I am totally ok with slowing the college game down a little. These have nothing to do with weight, but I am on a rant right now.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:20 AM   #323  

Default Hi Guys..Intro and First Post

Hi Guys, Harry here from the Bay Area.

I'm 62 and a retired Silicon Valley executive. Although I have been going to the gym 6 days a week for years I had let my eating discipline really degrade and the pounds slowly crept on. I decided to commit to regaining the shape I had back when I was in college and decided that the structure of IP was the way to go.

I am in the middle of week 6 of IP and have lost 32lbs. No plateaus. 8 more pounds to go to reach my target!

I plan on continuing on Phase 1 until I hit my 40lb. weight loss goal and then transition to Phase 2, etc.

So far, no cheating, though my hunger is increasing a little as I slowly increase my exercise levels.

It's amazing to see my muscle definition appear as I lean out...I guess all that gym time did work (!)

I have some of criticisms of the IP "protocol", most notably the ridiculous cost of the food offerings, but that's a different post...the bottom line is that the structure of the program has really worked for me and I'm really looking forward to Phase 3 and renewing my workout routine.

:harry
harrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:21 AM   #324  

S/C/G: 213/201/185

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason_Hookem View Post
I am interested to see what I can actually get my body down to. My playing weight in football was about 220. I think I am probably healthy around 195, but I do not know. I have weighed under 200 since middle school. I know I won't get down as far as a bunch of these guys because I am large person in the body structure department. All these online BMI's are way off on me. I am at 245 and I am almost out of the at risk section. So after all this typing the answer is yeah we are probably working with the same body type.
You might be surprised how much can come off. My intial goal was 190, them i moved it down to 180, and i am low 170's now. I think most people can get a lot smaller than the initially think. I played sports. I had a lot more muscle then. During that time I was lifting and drinking all kinds of crap to bulk up.
MDLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:53 AM   #325  
Jig

S/C/G: 360/Ticker/225

Height: 6'2

I played football, baseball and track in high school and weighed about 255 at graduation, and quite a bit of that was muscle. I was an offensive lineman as well. I'd have my weightlifting class during school and then go to football practice. Where did that kind of energy go? Well, in college I lived on a steady diet of pizza, cheeseburgers, beer and whiskey and after college I worked as a corrections officer in a state prison where I put on even more weight eating meals out of vending machines and cramming energy drinks. I got up to 360 lbs.

I've made it down below 300 for the first time in a long time which is a cool feeling. My initial goal is at 250. Being skeptical at first, I told my coach if I can actually make it down to 250, we can work on a more accurate goal. I too am not really sure what my final goal will be. I'm thinking around 225. I'm 6'2 as well with broad shoulders and a bigger frame. But again, getting down to 225 is somewhat uncharted territory for me as an adult so we'll see.
Jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:18 PM   #326  

Well it looks like we are all shooting for about the same thing so that's great. My brother just hit phase 2. He only had 25 lbs to take off but he started it with me to give me support. The good news is I get all his old suits since they no longer fit him. He is the same height as me but I am just a bigger person. So him 25lbs overweight is me in shape. I am getting about 8 free suites when I get down to my slim self. What up free classy new wardrobe!
Old 03-10-2014, 11:00 AM   #327  

Well the pattern of small weigh ins followed up by larger weigh ins continued this week with me losing another 6.5 lbs at today's weigh in. That brings my total to 33 lbs. Big weigh ins are always fun.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:05 AM   #328  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason_Hookem View Post
Well the pattern of small weigh ins followed up by larger weigh ins continued this week with me losing another 6.5 lbs at today's weigh in. That brings my total to 33 lbs. Big weigh ins are always fun.
WTG! to keep you going in the right direction!
sarahBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:47 AM   #329  

S/C/G: 228

Height: 5'8

Retired 23 years in the Air Force since retirement I have put on so much weight so fast. I am happy to be on the I PEE diet it is expensive but without it I can't accomplish losing the weight I need to lose to be healthy. Its to hard to hold myself accountable unless I am paying big $$$'s, I guess. I spent big $$$'s going out to eat and drinking which put me 70 lbs overweight I can spend the big $$$'s to get me to where I need to be healthy again. I have only been on the diet for 5 days and the first week I have felt sick and pee'd more than drinking party keg. I am hoping what this all means is I am losing weight and I am getting clean of Old Fashion Donuts Super Breakfast Burittos, Double Bacon Cheeseburgers and Cold B Light Platinums at night. I enjoy reading everyone's life events and good luck to everybody in there quest for good health
hawk2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:06 AM   #330  

S/C/G: 328/289/220

Height: 6'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk2020 View Post
Retired 23 years in the Air Force since retirement I have put on so much weight so fast. I am happy to be on the I PEE diet it is expensive but without it I can't accomplish losing the weight I need to lose to be healthy. Its to hard to hold myself accountable unless I am paying big $$$'s, I guess. I spent big $$$'s going out to eat and drinking which put me 70 lbs overweight I can spend the big $$$'s to get me to where I need to be healthy again. I have only been on the diet for 5 days and the first week I have felt sick and pee'd more than drinking party keg. I am hoping what this all means is I am losing weight and I am getting clean of Old Fashion Donuts Super Breakfast Burittos, Double Bacon Cheeseburgers and Cold B Light Platinums at night. I enjoy reading everyone's life events and good luck to everybody in there quest for good health
I like that, The I PEE diet! Haha! I look at going to the restroom like a free workout and mini vacation from my desk at work. I have usually go to the restroom on the next floor so I have to walk downstairs and then back up. If you are drinking the amount of water they want you to drink you'll become very familiar with the bathroom. Keep it up, you need to be drinking to flush your kidneys otherwise you'll get sick.
Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote