Old 01-13-2014, 02:39 PM   #271  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
You better UN-absent yourself mister!!!
Okay Hottie!

Soo lots and lots of stress today and the last few months. Yesterday I taught two Merit Badge Classes to a group of seven Boy Scouts, Traffic Safety and Fingerprinting. My son completed the 1ST Aid MB, I'm very proud of him.

It was an awesome day and I was tired but I was motivated by the great day with some great kids. The class was in an area about an hour south of where I live. I brought my son and 3 other boys from our unit. Just had a late lunch of the Proto-Thin Vegetable Chili, it was excellent and I am just reaching out to check in.

Need to up my water intake, been great at night but not during the day.

Last edited by usmcvet; 01-13-2014 at 02:57 PM.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:11 AM   #272  

S/C/G: 328/289/220

Height: 6'1"

Started working out and doing the circuit training thing. It's intense. I lost five pounds last week but turns out I lost 6lbs of lean body mass, which isn't good. Also, I'm no mathematician but does that mean I gained 1 lb of fat?

I've started to eat more food to compensate. The weird thing is that eating more food is difficult. So, I've decided to take after workout protein shake to compensate... I'll see how that goes.

As for major milestones I've hit the 70 lbs lost mark and see no end. I'm feeling great. Wish I started this diet years ago.
Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:04 AM   #273  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingen View Post
Started working out and doing the circuit training thing. It's intense. I lost five pounds last week but turns out I lost 6lbs of lean body mass, which isn't good. Also, I'm no mathematician but does that mean I gained 1 lb of fat?

I've started to eat more food to compensate. The weird thing is that eating more food is difficult. So, I've decided to take after workout protein shake to compensate... I'll see how that goes.

As for major milestones I've hit the 70 lbs lost mark and see no end. I'm feeling great. Wish I started this diet years ago.
Not sure how it goes for men...you may want to talk to a knowlegable coach or Personal trainer about your need to make YOUR workout a moderate one at the moment. It appears you are still trying to lose weight right? The key to any workout is it should not be intense at this time...later ...sure! Now...just get in the habit....improve your cardio and muscle tone...and enjoy feeling good about that level. My DH always has to "beat" his best self...so perhaps... LOL... that is the male mentality! Each sex has it's cross to bear.

Take it easy!!! You need something different now than you'll need or should/can do later. Just like eating...exercise is all about balance and learning all over how to do it right. Keep us posted!! And good luck!!

Last edited by 65X65; 01-14-2014 at 10:05 AM.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:17 PM   #274  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Not sure how it goes for men...you may want to talk to a knowlegable coach or Personal trainer about your need to make YOUR workout a moderate one at the moment. It appears you are still trying to lose weight right? The key to any workout is it should not be intense at this time...later ...sure! Now...just get in the habit....improve your cardio and muscle tone...and enjoy feeling good about that level. My DH always has to "beat" his best self...so perhaps... LOL... that is the male mentality! Each sex has it's cross to bear.

Take it easy!!! You need something different now than you'll need or should/can do later. Just like eating...exercise is all about balance and learning all over how to do it right. Keep us posted!! And good luck!!
Thanks for the advice! We are easing into this and only doing 3 days a week to start. I've felt after each workout better than the last time and overall I'm feeling great right now. I think we will need to fine tune our calorie intake as we go along.

The most important thing is that, while I have a target weight in mind, I'm more focused on being the healthiest I can be. Through this weight loss journey I've learned that weight is just a number. If I can be best version of me at 220, my current goal, then fine but if I am better at 240, or 200 then that's good too. I am having to juxtapose all of my myriad goals with the overall goal of being healthy.

Next time I go in my coaches should have had a conversation about my numbers and I will ask if there is something I should be doing to maximize my weight loss and still be able to work out. I'm enjoying the exercise. Not psyched about the lean mass loss. We'll see.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:39 PM   #275  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingen View Post

Great work on the 70# WL. Not sure how the lean vs fat loss is accurately measured. I've always been suspicious of the scales myself. Obviously loosing muscle is not what any of us want! Be careful. I thought we were supposed to have an extra packet prior to working out not after.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:27 AM   #276  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Okay Hottie!

Soo lots and lots of stress today and the last few months. Yesterday I taught two Merit Badge Classes to a group of seven Boy Scouts, Traffic Safety and Fingerprinting. My son completed the 1ST Aid MB, I'm very proud of him.

It was an awesome day and I was tired but I was motivated by the great day with some great kids. The class was in an area about an hour south of where I live. I brought my son and 3 other boys from our unit. Just had a late lunch of the Proto-Thin Vegetable Chili, it was excellent and I am just reaching out to check in.

Need to up my water intake, been great at night but not during the day.

you and I are direct opposites for the water.... I am done with my intake by noon but after that.... not so much. I am trying to convince DH to do a modified version of this but not so lucky in that department.
Tigerlvr52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:36 AM   #277  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Okay I have just put away my first 22 ounce bottle of water, I just need to remember to fill the bottle up. I've always love water.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:33 PM   #278  

S/C/G: 272/219/200

Height: 6'2"

Hey guys, this is my first time posting on this board, but I stumbled upon y'all while trying to find some recipes to spice up some of these phase 1 meals. So far so good, but I haven't had my first weigh in yet. I guess I will know more tomorrow morning on how I am doing. Well I just wanted y'all to know I enjoyed reading y'alls post and they were inspiring for someone who doesn't trust many diets, especially those that ask you not to exercise. If y'all still follow this thread I would love join in. I let y'all know how my first week went tomorrow!
Mason_Hookem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:09 PM   #279  
Jig

S/C/G: 360/Ticker/225

Height: 6'2

Welcome Mason,

Just an fyi, some of the other posts such as the Daily post are a little more active. So if you need a quick question answered that's a good place to post it. Lisa32989 starts that post everyday and she always includes links to some good resources, and links to a forum member who experiments with many of the IP foods for good recipes to switch things up.

I too was skeptical of this diet at the beginning but believe in the program now. Give yourself a real shot to stick to it and you'll see continuous results. Good luck on your first week!

Last edited by Jig; 02-04-2014 at 07:10 PM.
Jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:43 PM   #280  

Thanks jig. I have already cooked up some good food but I would love to know what more I can do. I really want to know the rules on sriracha, I love the stuff. Luckily this diet is pretty similar to what I have been eating minus proportions and bread. It has actually been a pretty easy transition. And good news on the first weigh in, I dropped 8.2 lbs and had only been doing the diet for 5 days. Pretty mind boggling. That's over a tenth of what I want to drop!
Old 02-05-2014, 09:14 AM   #281  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason_Hookem View Post
Thanks jig. I have already cooked up some good food but I would love to know what more I can do. I really want to know the rules on sriracha, I love the stuff. Luckily this diet is pretty similar to what I have been eating minus proportions and bread. It has actually been a pretty easy transition. And good news on the first weigh in, I dropped 8.2 lbs and had only been doing the diet for 5 days. Pretty mind boggling. That's over a tenth of what I want to drop!
Hi Mason - I'm not a guy but I like to read what the guys are up to! And congrats on your great first weigh in, that is fabulous!

On the sriracha - sorry, no (I love the stuff too). 2nd ingredient is sugar. I use Frank's Hot Sauce to spice things up or red pepper flakes or ground habanero.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:26 AM   #282  

Mason, Welcome. Great 5 day numbers, btw! These boards have been very helpful to me and this diet is about the easiest thing I've done trying to lose weight. The company that makes Sriracha makes another hot sauce that conforms to the 0-0-0 rule and you might like it better. http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/oelek.htm

I like Crystal hot sauce the best and we buy it in the largest container. One of the joys of this diet is finding the stuff that works on diet and building a collection of spices and hot sauces you wouldn't have normally bought.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:04 PM   #283  

Checking back in with everyone, I thought I would try to get the men more talkative again. I have been browsing this whole site and it amazes me to see the transformation of people when they take all that weight off and your can see their actual features. I must say this is by far the easiest diet I have been on. I hate not being able to grab a beer or a scotch with my friends but the weight loss is already visible in my face so friends don't hound me too much when I decline. The thing I really miss is BBQ sauce and mexican food. I am going to try to make a taco shell out of the crispy cereal mix and the pancake mix. I'll let y'all know how it turns out.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:11 PM   #284  
Jig

S/C/G: 360/Ticker/225

Height: 6'2

Mason, I use the pancake mix to make 2 tortillas. Cook them as the directions say, but them brush them with a little bit of your daily olive oil and bake them at 350 for 5-6 minutes each side. It takes a little sweetness away and I love to use them for a variety of things like wraps, burritos etc.

I too miss beer/scotch/bbq/mexican and several other things but I've also lost 55 lbs since starting in October so it makes it easier to avoid the unhealthy stuff.
Jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:12 PM   #285  

Jig is there some kinda sauce you put on the wraps to spice them up at all? I am thinking of putting some Louisiana hot sauce in some WF mayo and adding it to the veggies.