3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Old 08-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #181

S/C/G: 272/224/205

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
While I don't recommend it for P1 I started CrossFit 5 weeks ago just as I was finishing up P3. For those that are looking to try an "all around" fitness routine this really works and you aren't simply going to the gym using the same 4 or 5 machines over and over and getting bored with it. I've been going 4 days a week for over a month and we haven't done the same workout twice yet. There are CrossFit Boxes (what they call their gyms) in every major city in the country and in lots of smaller ones (we have 2 in Spring Branch, TX which isn't really a town just a zip code) so you can still work out while traveling. I'm going to Ireland in 2 weeks and plan on stopping by a couple while I'm there.
Enjoy Ireland. I am originally from there and will be back in two weeks time as well!!!
tiggermd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:22 AM   #182
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Before IP I could not stand for a few min to wash the freaking dishes. I used to lean on the sink at best or use a chair. Same with making sandwiches. It was pathetic. I was very close to needing a scooter at the store. I used a cart as a walker and used to have to sit and rest one benches. I would be exhausted and covered in sweat. Today I went on close to a nine mile hike with my son and two other Boy Scouts and their fathers. I didn't even feel that bad today. Close but not quite! I am sore as heck and want to get to goal before doing that hike again! But I'm proud of myself and my son told me he was proud of me too! Made it sooo worth it.

"Feeling short term hunger pangs on a daily basis is NORMAL" -Wimpster

Starting Again. 01-04-2017.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Before IP I could not stand for a few min to wash the freaking dishes. I used to lean on the sink at best or use a chair. Same with making sandwiches. It was pathetic. I was very close to needing a scooter at the store. I used a cart as a walker and used to have to sit and rest one benches. I would be exhausted and covered in sweat. Today I went on close to a nine mile hike with my son and two other Boy Scouts and their fathers. I didn't even feel that bad today. Close but not quite! I am sore as heck and want to get to goal before doing that hike again! But I'm proud of myself and my son told me he was proud of me too! Made it sooo worth it.
Man that is great news! I am with you on the dishes, and to be honest the food prep on Sundays at the begining of the diet for me I would feel back pain after standing there in the kitchen for more then 15-20 minutes. But now I am good, I can spend an hour or so standing there preparing foods, cleaning up, and reading recipes no problem!

I have yet to go on a serious hike or walk. I am glad however that I can climb a flight of stairs or two without feeling faint. keep up the good work! I am excited as this week I will see my father, who hasn't seen me since the first couple weeks of the diet! At the end of the month I will see my mother who hasn't seen me since I was 375-380 sometime last summer!
Old 08-19-2013, 10:33 AM   #184
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
I am excited as this week I will see my father, who hasn't seen me since the first couple weeks of the diet! At the end of the month I will see my mother who hasn't seen me since I was 375-380 sometime last summer!
That is exciting! I didn't even tell my dad I was on a diet and was almost to goal when I saw him. It was really worth it to see the look on his face. The last time he had seen me at that weight was when I was 9 years old so it was a bit surprising to him.

Reboot 12/10/15

M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #185

S/C/G: 190/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

usmcvet: That is awesome regarding the hiking! I am sure your son appreciates being able to do physical things with him. I remember hiking the Grand Canyon with my Dad when I was 13.

Scale showed down a couple more pounds...as usual the weekend was the tough part...too much time at home and family functions (we have a lot of family in the area). I avoided the Birthday Cake and Ice Cream other than a couple bites.

8 pounds to go on my reboot, which will put me 2 pounds lower than the first time I did the IP Protocol.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #186

S/C/G: 295/ticker/230

Height: 6'3"

I opened this thread at 240 pounds. I lost another 9 pounds then stopped doing IP about the middle of June. The coach was going to be out for a couple of months and I am not an ironman. Six months without pasta, bread, beer, ice cream, and dairy was getting to me. I wonít say that I couldnít do it, it is just that getting the benefit of the prize was already happening. My blood pressure plummeted, my cholesterol plummeted, my triglycerides plummeted, my acid level in my blood plummeted. My BMI was in the non-risk area. I felt great and people kept telling me I looked good. So as July and now August have rolled and about gone I managed to stay within the weight I started this volume at. I am surprised I have done well, because the compliments have stopped and it is just me, myself, I and my arch enemy the scale that have prevented me not to go back to the dark side. As the end of summer approaches and I have managed to stick to basically a 2 meal IP diet (alternatives from diet direct dot com), and one meal with some slivers of tasty carbs. I find I am getting the urge for a reboot back to all meals phase 1 and getting another 15 off. Wonder why I just canít be happy with where I am at? What is that saying? You canít be too rich or too thin.

Remember, getting the weight off is the easy part, keeping it off is the hard part
GoBears60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:56 PM   #187
PatientDet

Default One week of orthodoxy

This next week I am committed to be more orthodox, No small cheats. Lets see if I lose faster.

Week 1: 10 Week 7: 5
Week 2: 3 Week 8: 4
Week 3: 5 Week 9: 2
Week 4: 5 Week 10: 4
Week 5: 4 Week 11: 2
Week 6: +2 Week 12: 1
BigMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:45 AM   #188

I had a poke a new hole in my belt because it came nowherr close to fitting and I need to buy a new gun belt because mine is way too big even at the smallest notch. You don't notice how fat you got until it comes off sometimes.

People at work say I need to stop losing weight because it looks like I have the bug, they haven't seen me with my shirt off though, I would not describe my body as skinny.

Last edited by screw36; 08-25-2013 at 08:47 AM.
screw36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #189
Began IP 3-29-2012

I hear you on the duty belt. I saved my biggest one. I actually drilled holes in it a few times to make it fit while waiting for a replacement!

Old 09-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #190
Began IP 3-29-2012

Just went back to my local IP clinic Friday to re start. Feels good. They didn't know me, I told them I was a re start and then when it came time to check out and pay the woman looked a little confused and said do you think you halve any referrals, I smiled and said yup probably a lot of them. I left with six boxes and no bill!

Old 09-05-2013, 03:09 PM   #191
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Just went back to my local IP clinic Friday to re start. Feels good. They didn't know me, I told them I was a re start and then when it came time to check out and pay the woman looked a little confused and said do you think you halve any referrals, I smiled and said yup probably a lot of them. I left with six boxes and no bill!
They didn't know you???? how could they forget the star pupil???....glad to see you are back at it!!

I see A LOT of losses here...congrats to all of you...I know I am not a MAN BUT I check in on everyone from time to time. Good luck to the newbies and keep up the good work!

I have my tummy tuck scheduled for Oct 24th to get rid of the 20-25lbs of excess skin just in that area!!....another NEW ME to come

my YouTube videos, subscribe and you will be alerted when I post new ones
http://www.youtube.com/user/wuv2bloved?feature=guide
My continued Weight loss Journey https://www.facebook.com/CornerYourI...ghtLossJourney
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:17 PM   #192

S/C/G: 295/ticker/230

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
A guy I convinced to go on IP and he went through all the phases and lost 45 pounds is doing great. He has kept it off. Only disappointment is his Blood Pressure has not gone down 1point. Of course it probably has to do with his pressure cooker job.

Remember, getting the weight off is the easy part, keeping it off is the hard part
GoBears60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:12 PM   #193
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
They didn't know you???? how could they forget the star pupil???....glad to see you are back at it!!

I see A LOT of losses here...congrats to all of you...I know I am not a MAN BUT I check in on everyone from time to time. Good luck to the newbies and keep up the good work!

I have my tummy tuck scheduled for Oct 24th to get rid of the 20-25lbs of excess skin just in that area!!....another NEW ME to come
She recognized me after from a laminated flyer they had on display on the coffee table.

Old 09-08-2013, 11:39 PM   #194

Smile I now believe...

When I started IP just under 8 weeks ago I was very skeptical. Well I am now a true believer. I have lost 53 lbs and it has been amazingly easy.... In fact, the hardest part has been buying new cloths!
Jms4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #195

S/C/G: 300/250/225

Height: 6' 2"

Default Hard to deny success!

Jms4 - I'm with you on being a skeptic but after dropping 40#lbs in 7wks mysellf it's pretty hard not to be an advocate for a plan that finally works. Keep up the great work - your kickin it!!