Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 07:56 PM   #61  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 188.8/175/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaceroo View Post
We returned from vacation yesterday and let me just say that it was much harder than I expected. I brought rtd shakes and bars with me and cut up veggies for the first day thinking I would be able to buy some. This plan did not happen. I stayed on plan as best as I could, but there were a lot of non-plan meals. I'm pretty upset and I've considered not weighing in this week...I feel like I will get more discouraged. I was only 1.3 lbs from my first goal.
Don't beat yourself up! Its hard enough without feeling bad about yourself. I just "took a break" after 3 weeks 100% on plan. Thursday to Sunday night I ate what I wanted, how much I wanted and didn't care! Then Monday I told myself enough is enough and started back on plan 100% again. I have never felt more determined! I was 138 Thursday - 148.6 Monday morning!!! 10.6lbs in 4 days!!! But doing 100% since Monday and I have lost 5.8 so far. Just pick yourself up, refocus, get your goal in mind and move forward! The feeling is amazing You can do it! We are all here to help each other! Pick yourself up, turn yourself around and keep walking
Old 05-22-2013, 08:03 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 173/163/148

Height: 5'4"

Claustin, just curious how did you feel Mon-Wed? I am on day 6 and can't imagine having to suffer through a new day 1-3 again because of taking a vacation from Ideal Protein.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:38 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 165/132.2/125

Height: 5'3

I want to make Kale chips in a Dehydrator, but the recipe calls for Nutritional yeast.. Is this allowed in phase 1?
Old 05-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 265/154/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers70 View Post
I want to make Kale chips in a Dehydrator, but the recipe calls for Nutritional yeast.. Is this allowed in phase 1?
I just asked my coach about this last week and, as I expected, she said no. It's fairly high in calories - I think around 60 for 2 tablespoons. I love the stuff, but have put it away until maintenance. Luckily you can still make yummy kale chips without it.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:50 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Not on the sheet, so no.

But, I make BBQ Kale Chips that are amazing!

Paprika, sea salt, chili powder and a tiny bit of Stevia, sooo good!
Old 05-22-2013, 08:50 PM   #66  

Quote:
Kale chips are SUPER SIMPLE. No nutritional yeast necessary.
Just wash, pat dry (very thoroughly), mist with olive oil, massage the oil evenly into the leaves, spread into a single layer on cookie sheets (for oven) or dehydrator racks. I sprinkle mine with garlic salt.
I had to play with temps and baking times b/c I don't have a dehydrator & kale burns easily. I think one of rainbow's recipe threads has a step-by-step
Old 05-22-2013, 10:03 PM   #67  

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by athena4791 View Post
I absolutely love everyone's enthusiasm here!

That being said, I'm having a bad day. I've seen TOM mentioned a few times and I think mines coming. I'm bloated and crabby and all I want chocolate! =( Tell me this gets easier to deal with.
LOL, I feel you there! On these days, every packet I take with my is chocolate based!! Cocomint Cream, Dark Choc Pudding, Quest Brownie, Hot Cocoa.... You do what ya gotta do to tame that beast, right?
Old 05-22-2013, 10:57 PM   #68  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Hello! Hello! Day 7 here. Happy. The last two days have been incredibly stressful at work with trials, and today was a full day trial about 2 hours away from my house. I was REALLY concerned about it, but did okay. I packed a lunch and ate it while out with my client at Togos. I can't deny that their sandwiches look fabulous, but my chicken was pretty amazing too. So I just got home after a 12 hour day and fixed up some IP Chicken Pottage and am adding some mushrooms and having a cucumber salad. Yum. Glad to have made it through these last 7 days!
Old 05-22-2013, 11:44 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I tried new things this time and like the chicken a la king a lot and the dill pickle zippers are amazing!! I liked the chili ok, the cran Granada was a shock and the chicken patties were iffy. I have way too many chocolate and vanilla puddings but I have Torini syrups to add so I can spice them up a bit.

How many times a day can we have the crystal light water flavor things? Does anyone know?

This diet is so hard in that we think we want other food. And sure they sound fabulous but man. Going back to being a chubby kid sucks, even if was for a good reason. I won't lie, I had little cheats before and still lost and I also ate the max amount of protien. I want to get that body I had back and even better!! I'm even more determined to follow the plan OP this time. I want to look good and I want it as soon as possible.

We can do this! We are worth it and we don't have to beat ourselves up when we struggle.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:26 AM   #70  

Thanks for your post, April... You are right. I haven't tried Dill Zippers or the Chicken Patties yet. I similarly haven't tried the bolognase, chili, etc. What kind of toriani do you use?

My coach recommends using Mio (super tasty, actually), and say I can have up to 2 servings per day. Anyone else?
Old 05-23-2013, 12:44 AM   #71  

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Thanks for your post, April... You are right. I haven't tried Dill Zippers or the Chicken Patties yet. I similarly haven't tried the bolognase, chili, etc. What kind of toriani do you use?

My coach recommends using Mio (super tasty, actually), and say I can have up to 2 servings per day. Anyone else?
I can't stand the dill zippers....ewwww
Old 05-23-2013, 01:00 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I think I have white chocolate, caramel, vanilla and hazelnut. They're good on rhubarb too!
Old 05-23-2013, 01:55 AM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
I think I have white chocolate, caramel, vanilla and hazelnut. They're good on rhubarb too!
Thanks! Where do you buy them?
Old 05-23-2013, 02:36 AM   #74  
Started IP 04/08/13

S/C/G: HW/387/SWIP/267/see ticker/170

Height: 5"8.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakofday71 View Post
Kaceroo, don' t beat yourself up. Use the trip as a learning experience, what things worked, what didn't and what can you do for next trip to be more successful?.

Traveling and staying OP is a definite challenge, but I would still encourage you to weigh in, knowing that this is only a bump in the road. Who knows, you may have done better than you thought.

Each meal is a new start and a new choice. Don't let one slip or series of slips cause you to give up on your decision to obtain a healthy new you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Don't give up now. You did the best you could and that's ok.

The best thing you can do now is just get right back OP and keep working towards goal. You can do this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin View Post
Don't beat yourself up! Its hard enough without feeling bad about yourself. I just "took a break" after 3 weeks 100% on plan. Thursday to Sunday night I ate what I wanted, how much I wanted and didn't care! Then Monday I told myself enough is enough and started back on plan 100% again. I have never felt more determined! I was 138 Thursday - 148.6 Monday morning!!! 10.6lbs in 4 days!!! But doing 100% since Monday and I have lost 5.8 so far. Just pick yourself up, refocus, get your goal in mind and move forward! The feeling is amazing You can do it! We are all here to help each other! Pick yourself up, turn yourself around and keep walking
Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement! I greatly appreciate it. I agree that I need to use this experience to learn from. Next time I am in a similar situation I can and will do better. I CAN do this!!

I don't want to see an increase on the scale, but it's probably best that I do weigh in this week.

I just want to say that you all are wonderful and I am truly thankful for 3FC!!!
Closed Thread