Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcmod View Post
Trying to learn and understand. Your comments appreciated.
I regualrly eat Trader Joes nonfat plain greek yogurt...plain, as the base for breakfast shakes, frozen, etc.
Nutritional content as follows:
saturated/trans fats 0
cholesterol 0
Sodium 70mg
Potassium 270mg
Carbs 7g
fiber 0
sugars 6g
protein 22g

This seems to meet the requirements for IP carb and protein wise. Do you think it would counter act with IP program if I continued to eat this?

Thanks to experienced IPers for their input.
What phase are you in? This doesn't meet criteria for P1. It would be fine for maintenance.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 160/160/125

Height: 5' 3"

NSV, DD graduation and after party. Stayed 100% OP, including no Alcohol. I didn't feel like I was missing anything. I bet everyone thought I was drinking because I was a dancing machine
Old 05-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 165/132.2/125

Height: 5'3

I need some help...I just found out that we are going to P.F. Changs for dinner tomorrow evening for my nephews confirmation dinner. Just looked at their menu and have no idea what I can have. Has anyone eaten here and know what a good phase 1 meal will be?
Old 05-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #19  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi there everyone! Day 3!! Feeling energetic but still battling the psychological hunger. I had the IP Herbed Omelette this morning and it made me feel a little nauseous so I won't be ordering that one. Glad my center created an "introductory" pack so that I can try a bunch of stuff before committing to purchase boxes of stuff.

I am working from home today which was a major "snack-opportunity" before. Should be interesting to see how it goes today. I've not planned my day yet, I know - bad but am sticking to the plan. I emailed my coach as I am horribly bored already with plain water (+ lemon), so I am going to see about mio or something else. Good times.

And yeah, can anyone point a link for the Rainbow Ice Cream? I am sorry to ask - I am just a bit idiotic these days (especially when I am new to the forums). Gracias!!
Old 05-18-2013, 02:19 PM   #20  

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...olumn-2-a.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Hi there everyone! Day 3!! Feeling energetic but still battling the psychological hunger. I had the IP Herbed Omelette this morning and it made me feel a little nauseous so I won't be ordering that one. Glad my center created an "introductory" pack so that I can try a bunch of stuff before committing to purchase boxes of stuff.

I am working from home today which was a major "snack-opportunity" before. Should be interesting to see how it goes today. I've not planned my day yet, I know - bad but am sticking to the plan. I emailed my coach as I am horribly bored already with plain water (+ lemon), so I am going to see about mio or something else. Good times.

And yeah, can anyone point a link for the Rainbow Ice Cream? I am sorry to ask - I am just a bit idiotic these days (especially when I am new to the forums). Gracias!!
Here ya go... link for rainbows recipes...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...olumn-2-a.html
Old 05-18-2013, 02:36 PM   #21  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Thank you!!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #22  

Hi Everyone. I am just starting Ideal Protein and new to this site. Even though it is only the first day, I am finding it hard so far I hope it gets easier. Any tips you guys use or would have liked to know what you all started?
Old 05-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #23  

Height: 5'7

Hi Lina. Mix it up. If I'd known that it doesn't matter when I had my packets, my dinner and my supplements it would have opened things up sooner for me. I think everyone has to go through it, though. Also, use your packets as a part of a recipe instead of just by the book prep. For example, potato puree wraps or pudding muffins....and so on. It took me quite a bit to really realize what "work the program" meant. It's a whole new ballgame now! Have fun with it!

Oh, and myfitnesspal.com is an invaluable tool!

Last edited by ZOMBIEDAWN; 05-18-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:00 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers70 View Post
I need some help...I just found out that we are going to P.F. Changs for dinner tomorrow evening for my nephews confirmation dinner. Just looked at their menu and have no idea what I can have. Has anyone eaten here and know what a good phase 1 meal will be?
I have eaten there pretty regularly through phase 1. for an appetizer I sometimes will get the cucumber salad with sauce on the side. Something crunchy while others are enjoying. my meal is always the Norwegian salmon no sauce no rice, extra veggies. The veg is asparagus, bok choy, tomato and mushrooms. I usually have them hold the tomato too. Do not use the soy sauce in the little mixing cups-its mixed w teriyaki. I ask for just soy and use a little plus the pepper spread and its delish. I've asked tons of questions there and haven't had any problems w this meal!
Old 05-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Had a final fitting for my gown for our son's upcoming wedding. Wow - 25 pounds later, the gown looks wonderful. They have been great about the continued alterations. I actually, love the way the gown fits me.

Day three of being back on track!!!!! Those two pounds I gained are not welcome and are expected to depart my body before my weigh in next Thursday.

Have a wonderful weekend!!
Old 05-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #26  

Zombiedawn Thank you so much for the information. I want this weight to come off asap but also want to enjoy the journey so any tips are appreciated.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #27  

Thank you, Sonyasbug.. I used to love eating out... but now it stresses me.. lol
Old 05-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #28  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers70 View Post
Thank you, Sonyasbug.. I used to love eating out... but now it stresses me.. lol
Don't let it stress you out - or keep you from enjoying meals out! Just because you can't have something crazy off the menu doesn't make dining out any less special - think of the dishes you don't have to wash

My rule of thumb in P1 was always to throw "gluten free" and "dairy free" at the server as soon as we sat down. MANY chain restaurants have a gluten free menu, you just have to ask for it. If they don't the easiest thing to follow is the plain meat+plain veggies or salad combination. Don't be afraid to ask questions, request special handling (no sauce, no butter/dry grilling, double veggies instead of rice or a potato).

You have to think of eating out on P1 kind of like having Celiac or Diabetes - you have a medical condition (being overweight qualifies!) that requires you to choose your food carefully. Your health IS at stake, so don't shortchange yourself just because you don't want to be "difficult"!
Old 05-18-2013, 04:11 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoleroper View Post
NSV, DD graduation and after party. Stayed 100% OP, including no Alcohol. I didn't feel like I was missing anything. I bet everyone thought I was drinking because I was a dancing machine
Love this!

Just started Phase 2, yay!!!! Only problem is I don;t know which of my "treats" (packets) to give up.. the morning latte ( vanilla drink), afternoon munchie ( puffs, bar or curls) or my evening dessert ( pudding or frosty!)

Question... if I exercise for 30 min can I add a packet back in? Just wondered what the experts thought.

And on another note, my family ordered pizza last night and I wasnt even tempted. In fact I enjoyed my stir-fried cauli rice with shrimp so much I truly felt that my poor pizza-eating family was missing out!
Old 05-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaSK View Post
Hi Everyone. I am just starting Ideal Protein and new to this site. Even though it is only the first day, I am finding it hard so far I hope it gets easier. Any tips you guys use or would have liked to know what you all started?
Oh it does get easier!!! One tip I have is to consider foods you like and try to make them P1 friendly. I say this because my first week was disgusting. I was eating things out of the norm for me and nothing was good. For example, I don't like Bic Macs and everyone was ranting and raving over the Big Mac in a bowl...I tried it once, twice, three times and finally gave up. I couldn't stand it! And I ate a salad with evoo, seasonings and all sorts of veggies I've never eaten raw (well except with a fattening dip). Blah!!! I was so discouraged and thought I was in for a five or so months of ****!

Well, things finally clicked and I started eating what I like, but the P1 way and it's been smooth sailing! (Make meat taste like taco meat or chili meat, chocolate spinach drinks, kale chips, rutabago fries etc) Still have such frustration over meals but I make the most of it.

Check out the thread "What I wish my coach told me" it's really helpful.

Trust the plan. It gets easier and it works!!!
Closed Thread