1st Weigh-In

• Had my first weigh-in and I am down 12.8 pounds! I was really surprised because other than the whole process of going into ketosis it has been pretty easy. I have noticed that if I go more than 3 1/2 hours without eating (outside of sleeping) I get a horrible headache so I am trying to be more consistent there.

My only question right now is...what if I can't get four cups of vegetables down? I am so full all the time and pushing beyond two cups a day is painful. Any one else have this problem and should I be concerned?
  • Quote: Had my first weigh-in and I am down 12.8 pounds! I was really surprised because other than the whole process of going into ketosis it has been pretty easy. I have noticed that if I go more than 3 1/2 hours without eating (outside of sleeping) I get a horrible headache so I am trying to be more consistent there.

My only question right now is...what if I can't get four cups of vegetables down? I am so full all the time and pushing beyond two cups a day is painful. Any one else have this problem and should I be concerned?
    It happens. There are a couple of things you can do:

- try having a cup of spinach in a smoothie with the chocolate shake for breakfast. Blend it all really well, it will look a little weird but you can't taste the spinach.

- Steam your veggies, or puree them (and add to soups, or use as a "gravy" or "sauce") to reduce the volume. Veggies should be measured raw, so cooking and/or pureeing will give you less volume but you'll still be eating the full amount.

- Have some of your veggies as a snack during the day. I did this a lot - had 1 cup of veggies as a snack, 1 cup with my lunch, and 2 cups at dinner. When you eat the food matters a LOT less than making sure you get it all in, so if splitting it up over the course of the day works better with your belly, go for it.
  • Great first WI

The purees thread saved me the first few weeks. Now though I seem to have only the odd day that I have trouble getting the 4 cups in. When I make the turnip fries I have trouble stopping at my 2 cups.
  • Another vote for throwing some spinach in your chocolate drink , Its my saving grace some days !!

Awesome W1 btw !!
  • Woohoo! Congrats to you! Great WI
  • Great job!!!!