Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 09:48 AM   #16  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivebynotthru View Post
Does anyone have any opinions on scales. Mine just broke this weekend.

There has been a lot of discussions on this. I seem to remember that the WeightWatchers scales received great praise.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Good morning!
Just wondering if anyone has the info on the numbers that make some items restricted amd others not. I'm looking to buy some alternatives. Thanks so much!
Old 05-07-2013, 10:02 AM   #18  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyasbug View Post
Good morning!
Just wondering if anyone has the info on the numbers that make some items restricted amd others not. I'm looking to buy some alternatives. Thanks so much!
unrestricted
Calories 90-120 , net carbs under 9g, fat 30% or less of total calories. Protein should be around 18g.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

I know this has probably been addressed in other threads, but i couldn't find anything when searching...

I have to have a minor surgical procedure on Thursday and am planning to stay completely OP. Does anyone have any advice or experience with healing while on IP?

Just curious if i should prepare for anything or just keep trucking along

Last edited by BrittStar027; 05-07-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:54 AM   #20  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyMaggies View Post
I'm totally into your 5K adventure, and it motivated me to agree last night to doing a 5K in a couple months. Let us know how it goes!
I will! It was one of the "post-dieting" goals I set for myself (I did not exercise at all during phase 1) - I have never been a runner so I started the C25K program once I was in P3 and paid for three 5Ks between July and September. I am way too frugal to spend money and then not show up for the event

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
I dusted off my bike yesterday and taking it to get tuned up.
Thanks for the reminder! Need to bring all of our bikes in for a warm weather spruce up

Quote:
I picked up whatever was on sale at Wal Mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyasbug View Post
Good morning!
All IP compatible products should be under 200 calories, and less than 30% total calories from fat.
Unrestricted items have 8g or less net carbs. Restricted items have 9-16g net carbs. SUPER restricted items (can only have twice a week) have 17g net carbs. Anything above 17g net carb is too much for the IP plan.
Protein should be at least 12-15g

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittStar027 View Post
I know this has probably been addressed in other threads, but i couldn't find anything when searching...

I have to have a minor surgical procedure on Thursday and am planning to stay completely OP. Does anyone have any advice or experience with healing while on IP?

Just curious if i should prepare for anything or just keep trucking along
If you are going to be under anaesthesia, make sure you discuss the diet with your surgeon - they may need you to be out of ketosis for anaesthesia but only the MD can make that call. When you are healing, STAY OFF THE SCALE. Inflammation causes water retention, so the scale will probably be up - it is not real weight gain, just water weight that will eventually flush out when your body feels better. Make sure you discuss the supplements you take with your MD as well - calcium and magnesium can prevent antibiotics from being absorbed, so you need to coordinate supplements with your medications post-surgery to make sure you are getting everything you should out of the antibiotics if they are prescribed.

good luck!
Old 05-07-2013, 11:24 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

[QUOTE=scorbett1103;4733397]5Ks between July and September.

I highly recommend The Color Run and I think there's another called Color Me Rad, they are super fun! I'm doing The Electric Run in August, it's a night-time neon-light lit course, very excited!
Old 05-07-2013, 11:25 AM   #22  

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyMaggies View Post
I'm totally into your 5K adventure, and it motivated me to agree last night to doing a 5K in a couple months. Let us know how it goes!
Maggie, I know this might be more my speed than yours, but check out the Run for your Lives 5K. I participated in last years run....it was soooo fun. If you don't mind being chased by zombies!

http://www.runforyourlives.com/locations/maryland/

I didn't survive. LOL

Quote:

I have the digital Weight Watchers scale. I like it as it reads 2 lbs less than my clinics scale. Hee hee!

Last edited by ZOMBIEDAWN; 05-07-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #23  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

[QUOTE=mquinn106;4733442]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
5Ks between July and September.

I highly recommend The Color Run and I think there's another called Color Me Rad, they are super fun! I'm doing The Electric Run in August, it's a night-time neon-light lit course, very excited!
I'm doing the Boston Color Me Rad in July

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post
Maggie, I know this might be more my speed than yours, but check out the Run for your Lives 5K. I participated in last years run....it was soooo fun. If you don't mind being chased by zombies!

http://www.runforyourlives.com/locations/maryland/

I didn't survive. LOL

I have the digital Weight Watchers scale. I like it as it reads 2 lbs less than my clinics scale. Hee hee!
I wanted to do the New England one this year, but it's in CT and a little too far for me to make the trek and get someone to watch the kids. But there's another group doing a zombie run very much like RFYL right near my house, so I may register for that one! Hubby wants to register as a zombie
Old 05-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #24  
Started IP on 4/26/13

S/C/G: 224/205.8/160

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post

Lol, I've heard of that run before, but sadly I cannot participate due to an irrational phobia of zombies!

I'm not kidding. I couldn't even watch Shawn of the Dead. *Shudder*
Old 05-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Thanks ladies for the info. Shopping time! As I get closer to goal starting to plan post IP life with alternatives
Old 05-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 197/177/160

Height: 5.6

Well my 10th WI and I hit my goal to be in the 160's
Old 05-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 202.4/161/145

Height: 5' 6"

Funny, I bought a WW scale and it was a POS. I moved last month, and it did not survive the purge. My boyfriend was happy that I chucked it because I would get so mad at it. Not because it read "up" pounds, but because it was just wildly inaccurate. One day it refused to tell me that I weighed any more than 127.4 pounds. Which was about 50 pounds away from reality and about 20 pounds lower than my goal. Maybe my scale got dropped on the way to the store?
Old 05-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #28  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Happy early morning all! Just got home from my Couch to 5K training run - I realized yesterday that my first 5K is in 7 weeks so I had to get back on track! Don't need to be passing out at the finish line This Saturday I'm doing a 3 hour ZumbaThon to raise money for our local YMCA, hopefully I'll still be standing when it's all said and done

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
Wow 3 hours??? You're rocking Scorbett!!! Are you in Phase 4 yet? I've lost track of time and seems like you went to Phase 2 a couple of weeks ago, although it must be more than that by now. How are you doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
I dusted off my bike yesterday and taking it to get tuned up.
I did the same this last weekend. Loved getting out and enjoying the sunshine. In fact I got a bicycle trailer for my dog Lily so she can enjoy the sunshine too:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heritagesoftail View Post
Well my 10th WI and I hit my goal to be in the 160's
Yahoo! Congrats! Must be an amazing feeling!
Old 05-07-2013, 12:48 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

I did the same this last weekend. Loved getting out and enjoying the sunshine. In fact I got a bicycle trailer for my dog Lily so she can enjoy the sunshine too:

That's adorable! I don't think my big lab would fit!
Old 05-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 297.7/288.4/200

Height: 5'8"

ok here's a question and even after reading through the FAQs and the forums I can't seem too find the answer. When measuring your vegetables do you use a measuring cup or weigh them on a food scale? I have done both and the amounts vary greatly. How about the protein-scale or cup, raw or cooked. I am on week 3 and the longer I do the program on my own it seems the more questions I have.
thanks for any help
Closed Thread