Old 05-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/167/145

Height: 5'4

Default Hungry all the time

Hey all just looking for some insure on what's been going on. I've been on this program for two months. Down 15 lbs in total. The last two weeks I have been hungry all the time. Last week I couldn't stick to the plan. I had fast food chicken fingers twice. This week I have been 100% on program but I have been hungry all day everyday. My hunger is consuming me. At times I stand up and feel dizzy. When I first started the program I was never hungry. Also I have hit a plateau this last few weeks. Currently I am at 158lbs. Is this what happens after a few months. Do things slow down. Any ideas on why starving?
ingrid1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid1221 View Post
Hey all just looking for some insure on what's been going on. I've been on this program for two months. Down 15 lbs in total. The last two weeks I have been hungry all the time. Last week I couldn't stick to the plan. I had fast food chicken fingers twice. This week I have been 100% on program but I have been hungry all day everyday. My hunger is consuming me. At times I stand up and feel dizzy. When I first started the program I was never hungry. Also I have hit a plateau this last few weeks. Currently I am at 158lbs. Is this what happens after a few months. Do things slow down. Any ideas on why starving?
We have some very powerful hormones, including leptin and ghrelin. Ghrelin is responsible for all that hunger.

What is your coach saying? Many people who run into problems find solutions from their coaches.

I suggest having a plan for how to deal with that kind of hunger, until you can discuss with your coach. Hard boiled eggs, lean meats, large salads are all OP ways to manage it, rather than chicken fingers, which could cause the stall.

Are you getting all of your oil and salt? Are you trying to keep to lean meats only? Red meats have more fat and may be a more satiating way of helping you stay OP. Again,discuss with your coach!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:36 PM   #3  

sadly - i buy the products at a store in my town, it does not include ANY coaching. They will do my weigh in and measure but thats about it. When I asked last week about the increase in my weight she just shrugged.

thanks for the ideas, i am getting the oil and salt. I alternate between lean beef and chicken, but this week I have added salmon to the mix.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #4  

The only other thing I'm going to suggest is how well this plan works for people who have developed insulin/metabolic resistance. For others (perhaps not insulin resistant?), I see a LOT of hunger complaints.

One gal recently shared that her coach moved her to phase 2. She's still losing weight and not nearly as hungry.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 133.9/123.3/113

Height: 5'1.5"

[QUOTE=ingrid1221;4730935]Hey all just looking for some insure on what's been going on. I've been on this program for two months. Down 15 lbs in total. The last two weeks I have been hungry all the time. Last week I couldn't stick to the plan. I had fast food chicken fingers twice. This week I have been 100% on program but I have been hungry all day everyday. My hunger is consuming me. At times I stand up and feel dizzy. When I first started the program I was never hungry. Also I have hit a plateau this last few weeks. Currently I am at 158lbs. Is this what happens after a few months. Do things slow down. Any ideas ?

maybe you should think about moving to phase 2. I felt the same way as you on phase 1.... Weak and hungry! My coach said it could because I have a high metabolism. She suggested a hard boiled egg here and there and sugar free fat-free jello. I am now on phase 2 and I feel so much better! I just started phase 2 so I'm not sure about weight loss yet. I am 3 pounds from goal so I'm sure I will get there eventually.

http://diettalktoday.com/wp-content/...act-Sheet3.pdf
Jen02719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 133.9/123.3/113

Height: 5'1.5"

[QUOTE=Jen02719;4730985]
Quote:
Hey all just looking for some insure on what's been going on. I've been on this program for two months. Down 15 lbs in total. The last two weeks I have been hungry all the time. Last week I couldn't stick to the plan. I had fast food chicken fingers twice. This week I have been 100% on program but I have been hungry all day everyday. My hunger is consuming me. At times I stand up and feel dizzy. When I first started the program I was never hungry. Also I have hit a plateau this last few weeks. Currently I am at 158lbs. Is this what happens after a few months. Do things slow down. Any ideas ?

maybe you should think about moving to phase 2. I felt the same way as you on phase 1.... Weak and hungry! My coach said it could because I have a high metabolism. She suggested a hard boiled egg here and there and sugar free fat-free jello. I am now on phase 2 and I feel so much better! I just started phase 2 so I'm not sure about weight loss yet. I am 3 pounds from goal so I'm sure I will get there eventually.

http://diettalktoday.com/wp-content/...act-Sheet3.pdf
Don't know how that link got in there! Oops!
Jen02719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #7  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Ingrid, are you exercising? If you stick to the plan 100% you are not getting enough calories to exercise. You may need one more unrestricted on days that you workout.

You can nibble on cucumbers, celery, or lettuce. You can have an egg white omelet. Or try p2. I'm not a coach, but you may want to stick it out a bit longer and have a couple of weeks of being 100%. Sometimes the scale does not show a loss, but it is made up the following week. It's possible the chicken fingers stalled the loss, but I'm not an authority, just another IPer.

Good luck and kep us posted.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #8  
Slender Nerdess Inside...

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/140

Height: 5'0"

I'm not on the IP plan, but what I do when I get hungry and I don't want to spend points is brew up a cup of tea without sugar or creamer. I also like the diet snapple singles to go that you can mix into water. I try to use my hunger as an excuse to fill up on water until I feel sated.

Good luck!
tehshort1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 222/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Whenever I complained to my coach that I was hungry in P1, she asked if there were any carbs sneaking in to my meals - too many restricted s in one day, any kind of sauces or dressings on my food (especially at a restaurant), fruit or sweets that 'snuck' in willingly or unwillingly...
EPAPRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:39 PM   #10  

No exercising. Except walking up stairs to get to my condo. And no sauces or sweets sneaking in. I do out Splenda in my coffee in the morning. IP drink for breakfast. Coffee At work. Lunch is IP meal and the veggies. Dinner is plain protein and the veggies. Dill zippers after dinner. And repeat. Once a week I have a diet Pepsi or a Xevia soft drink.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 230/210/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
No exercising. Except walking up stairs to get to my condo. And no sauces or sweets sneaking in. I do out Splenda in my coffee in the morning. IP drink for breakfast. Coffee At work. Lunch is IP meal and the veggies. Dinner is plain protein and the veggies. Dill zippers after dinner. And repeat. Once a week I have a diet Pepsi or a Xevia soft drink.
Hey,

I just wanted to let you know that I'm hungry all the time too. You are not alone! For a while i wasn't hungry at all, and then it happened.

It really helps me to split my protein into two meals: for lunch I have a salad of romaine hearts w about 2 or three oz protein chopped up and my veggies, then I have my IP drink or soup around 3pm, the rest of my protein and veg for dinner then my last packet before bed.

I think I neede to eat more frequently. Also: I am pretty carb sensitive, so I found when I started measuring my veg again that I was eating too many veggies, I fixed that and I don't do a restricted every day. Keeping my carbs lower helps w the hunger too. I think I was having trouble staying in Ketosis.
Ruti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:17 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruti View Post
Hey,

I just wanted to let you know that I'm hungry all the time too. You are not alone! For a while i wasn't hungry at all, and then it happened.

It really helps me to split my protein into two meals: for lunch I have a salad of romaine hearts w about 2 or three oz protein chopped up and my veggies, then I have my IP drink or soup around 3pm, the rest of my protein and veg for dinner then my last packet before bed.

I think I neede to eat more frequently. Also: I am pretty carb sensitive, so I found when I started measuring my veg again that I was eating too many veggies, I fixed that and I don't do a restricted every day. Keeping my carbs lower helps w the hunger too. I think I was having trouble staying in Ketosis.
I have also found that getting some of my protein with my lunch salad helps my hunger tremendously!
goldilocksinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:15 AM   #13  

This weekend I was sooo hungry and I am on week 14 prior to that I was only hungry the first week!! I haven't cheated once not one bite but it was sure tempting this weekend but I stuck it out and I too find that tea helps to settle the hunger.
BEEGEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #14  

Thanks everyone - its nice to know i'm not the only one! I did try splitting up my protein yesterday and it did help. I think I will go out and pick up some keto pee tests and make sure i'm staying in ketosis.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Regarding KETOSIS: be aware that MANY people feel the sticks are way less than accurate in measuring whether you are in Ketosis. More people can chime in but just wanted you to be careful not to put all that much faith in the results. If you are following the program, you ARE in Ketosis no matter what the sticks show. By virtue if the fact that you are eating few calories, controlled carbs and little fat, then everything IS working.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote