Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 06:08 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 271/271/175

Height: 5'6" restart 11/6/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post
BetsyAnn:
I love chicken and zucchini sauteed in coconut oil with some curry and garlic.
I was thinking something stif fry-ish, one thing I don't have tho is curry...I do have garlic and mushrooms too tho...and that does sound sort of good. Do you just cube your zucchini?
Old 05-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #77  
PCOS. Started IP 3/8/13

S/C/G: 285/247.1/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetsyAnn View Post
Day 2 and I am starving!!! It is time for supper and I have chicken thawed to cook.
Ideas?
I have a fridge full of veggies, broccoli, cauliflower, greens and lettuces of all shapes and sizes, jicima, ruttabagas, asparagus, spaghetti squash, you name it but nothing sounds good...weird, I know! I sort of have chicken burn out from a lifetime full of dieting!
I gotta come up with something quick! Anyone have a yummy idea?
I totally understand being sick of chicken. I've never been able to digest beef well, so my life has been full of chicken. I'd go with trying some different flavorings.

I love thai food, so I tend to marinate my chicken/fish with lime juice, curry powder, cilantro, ginger, white wine vinegar. You can put that in a lettuce wrap with some diced up jicama, yum.

I also like garlic and red pepper, you can blanch your broccoli and cauliflower, cut up your chicken in bite sized pieces, and then saute everything with garlic and red pepper and your olive oil allotment. It's kind of like pasta with oil, without the pasta.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:14 PM   #78  

Height: 5'7

I'll usually slice it after quartering it. The stir fry sounds de-lish! Try some Walden Farms products if you need help with flavors. I've found the Sesame Ginger stuff really helps with my stir fry.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:17 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Sounds yum!
I always make 4 packets worth of muffins at once. You're right, it IS too much for every day, plus, as the weather warms up, I won't want the oven on that frequently, competing with the AC. The brownies sound good. I'll have to try those sometime. I usually try to refrain from too much chocolate, as I can easily crave. This diet is much easier if I don't cause myself cravings!
I use the Dark Chocolate Pudding, I find it less sweet. Rainbow's breadsticks are next on my list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetsyAnn View Post
Day 2 and I am starving!!! It is time for supper and I have chicken thawed to cook.
Ideas?
I have a fridge full of veggies, broccoli, cauliflower, greens and lettuces of all shapes and sizes, jicima, ruttabagas, asparagus, spaghetti squash, you name it but nothing sounds good...weird, I know! I sort of have chicken burn out from a lifetime full of dieting!
I gotta come up with something quick! Anyone have a yummy idea?
I'm having Buffalo Chicken Wraps tonight! Saute chicken, cut into pieces, toss with Frank's Red Hot sauce, wrap in lettuce leaves and dunk into Walden Farms Blue Cheese dressing!

Also, spaghetti squash is not allowed. Summer squashes are fine (green and yellow zucchini) but winter squashes are not (acorn, butternut, spaghetti).

Get creative!
Old 05-05-2013, 06:33 PM   #80  

I had to cut dark chocolate pudding when I cut soy. I'm not sure why some of the puddings have soy and some don't. I definitely preferred it.

Breadsticks are in the oven as I type and weirdly enough, I'm having buffalo chicken salad tonite (I made a huge pan of it Friday nite)

Last edited by lisa32989; 05-05-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 160/130/135

Height: 5'1

I've had a really hard day not cheating!! It's beautiful outside and my DH is working on installing a pool in the backyard. Therefore I'm sitting outside watching my 3 kids and as much as I love them to bits, they are driving me crazy asking me for all of the snacks that I seem to be really missing today. So far, I've been good yet I feel myself getting crabby. I'm only 3 pounds away from goal, which I think makes it harder to stay away from temptation, however I will beat this feeling get through today and wake up tomorrow morning with kids off to school. Hope everyone had a great OP weekend
Old 05-05-2013, 06:54 PM   #82  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Congratulations! I totally agree with you. I was in the grocery store and they have their fresh baked bread right by the checkout (ooooh they are so wicked with their marketing ) I don't know how their checkers can take that, but maybe day after day it looses it's appeal. I don't know how it could though. So, yes after all this time it still calls to me, but I told myself it's like someone's cologne/perfume. Just because I enjoy it doesn't make me want to go lick them (alright maybe I do , but I don't) lol.
You know what's worse than the fresh hot bread? Those darn containers of fresh hot chicken, specially the fried! lol It just doesn't matter, I could have just eaten and as soon as some comes through the line mmmmm yum I think.

Quote:
I had to cut dark chocolate pudding when I cut soy. I'm not sure why some of the puddings have soy and some don't. I definitely preferred it.

Breadsticks are in the oven as I type and weirdly enough, I'm having buffalo chicken salad tonite (I made a huge pan of it Friday nite)
Just saw your name, and remembered I wanted to let you know. Wellness Foods, I just noticed has a Simply Whey protein bar, it comes in three flavors and has no soy. I just got my order from them and I had added a sampler of these on. The Chocolate mint was rather yummy (You may already have known about this but thought I would put it out there)

Buffalo Chicken salad sounds good, wonder if I can get the mix right so that they are not very hot?

My day has been a little bit off, been nauseated (threw up too) all day. I thought it was my vitamins at first but I took them after I ate this morning same as usual and that feeling normally passes after about half an hour. I also did nothing different than I have done for the last three plus months, so I wonder why that would start effecting me differently now? I feel so icky still that I a thinking of taking a sick day tomorrow, but will wait and see.

Anyways lots of great victories, I hope everyone continues to have a great weekend.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:14 PM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
Just saw your name, and remembered I wanted to let you know. Wellness Foods, I just noticed has a Simply Whey protein bar, it comes in three flavors and has no soy. I just got my order from them and I had added a sampler of these on. The Chocolate mint was rather yummy (You may already have known about this but thought I would put it out there)
I've seen those bars! Haven't ordered yet but I'll try them at some point...

Buffalo Chicken salad sounds good, wonder if I can get the mix right so that they are not very hot?

I had to play with the recipe a bit & use low carb ketchup to cut the heat. I'm not a fan of burning hot, either.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 230/210/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post

The grapefruit! I am so excited to try this one. I got a sample of it and the new grape flavor. They both just seem so perfect for sippin' in the sun!
Grapefruit is my favorite! I also like the cappuccino (though I like the IP better), the vanilla, the strawberry mouse...the fuzzy navel was a winer too.

I'm a huge fan of the mint cookie matrix.

I just wish I could buy smaller containers and get a few flavors rather than having to buy 2lbs at a time! Anyone in NYC area on here? I would love to split three flavors.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #85  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 188.8/175/140

Height: 5'4"

Well, what perfect timing, NOT! I go for my weigh in tomorrow and it is now TOM Has anyone had a good SV while on TOM? I was nervous enough already and now I'm just sad
Old 05-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

Had a fabulous NSV this morning...
I was rushing to get ready to leave for my BF's hockey game and couldn't find any clean jeans. Took a chance and grabbed a pair out of my "I haven't been able to pull these past my thighs in over a year" pile and pulled them up, buttoned and zipped them no problem. Best part about the whole thing, no muffin top! Woohoo!!!
Old 05-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #87  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin View Post
Well, what perfect timing, NOT! I go for my weigh in tomorrow and it is now TOM Has anyone had a good SV while on TOM? I was nervous enough already and now I'm just sad
Usually if TOM has started I still have a loss, it's just the week/days before it starts is not a good WI for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittStar027 View Post
Had a fabulous NSV this morning...
I was rushing to get ready to leave for my BF's hockey game and couldn't find any clean jeans. Took a chance and grabbed a pair out of my "I haven't been able to pull these past my thighs in over a year" pile and pulled them up, buttoned and zipped them no problem. Best part about the whole thing, no muffin top! Woohoo!!!
Nice!
Old 05-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #88  

Default Surgery while on IP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticaldreamzz View Post
Congrats twotots!!

I was wondering, not sure if this is a silly question or not but, I'm going for gallbladder surgery at the end of the month and on another forum that I'm on someone who is doing ip said you shouldn't be in ketostis when going for surgery. Is this true, and if so do you know why? It isn't until the 31st so I still have a little more ip time before I'd have to knock myself out, but I'd rather not if I don't have to. Thanks for your help.
I went in for an emergency appendectomy a few days ago and the doctor didn't even mention the ketones in my blood test results. So, my experience was that the problem they were treating with the surgery was more important than the ketosis. Best of luck! Surgery is no fun!

(been reading all of your great posts for months, first time I felt I could add anything)
Old 05-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #89  

Quote:
Sounds yum!
I always make 4 packets worth of muffins at once. You're right, it IS too much for every day, plus, as the weather warms up, I won't want the oven on that frequently, competing with the AC. The brownies sound good. I'll have to try those sometime. I usually try to refrain from too much chocolate, as I can easily crave. This diet is much easier if I don't cause myself cravings!
Do these count as unrestricted? And do we have to deduct the egg from protein serving? Thanks! Sounds delicious!!
Old 05-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #90  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannekarella View Post
I use lots of the Nectar flavors, but funny enough, I'm not a fan of anything chocolate they have. I love the fruity ones. My favorite is the Strawberry/Kiwi and the Fuzzy Navel. Crystal Sky is pretty good too, if you don't mind drinking blue stuff that looks like window cleaner (at least that's what my hubby says).

I need my morning coffee, so I have 2 different "recipes"

I mix up a scoop (or package) of the cappuccino with a little almond milk, then pour in a cup of vanilla flavored brewed coffee (make sure it's not boiling, as Nectar cannot be overheated). I love this on a cold morning. Yummy.

My new summer treat tastes exactly like a skinny Starbucks vanilla latte...
1 scoop (or packet) of the Vanilla Bean Torte with some instant French vanilla coffee, mixed up and poured over ice. YUMMY!
That does sound YUM. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
We all know that being prepared is key to IP...I have been making pudding cakes pretty much every single day, but it's getting a little time consuming lately.

What I did was mix 4 pudding packets, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 egg and 14 oz of water in a big bowl. Sprayed a square Pyrex glass brownie pan with Pam, spread the thick batter into an even layer and baked for 30 minutes at 350*. I let the pan cool then cut into 4 HUGE moist, delicious brownies!

Now I'm set for the next few days
LOL you have me drooling, but no pudding in my house so maybe another time. I just was not a fan of puddings. Thanks though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
You know what's worse than the fresh hot bread? Those darn containers of fresh hot chicken, specially the fried! lol It just doesn't matter, I could have just eaten and as soon as some comes through the line mmmmm yum I think.

My day has been a little bit off, been nauseated (threw up too) all day. I thought it was my vitamins at first but I took them after I ate this morning same as usual and that feeling normally passes after about half an hour. I also did nothing different than I have done for the last three plus months, so I wonder why that would start effecting me differently now? I feel so icky still that I a thinking of taking a sick day tomorrow, but will wait and see.

Anyways lots of great victories, I hope everyone continues to have a great weekend.
[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Oh yes the chicken smells wonderful I agree. That would be so hard to work smelling that through the day. Sorry you are not feeling well. Funny but I used to love making pancakes and would have them nearly every morning, but I got really ill one day and I'm avoiding them like tequila after a tequila hangover.

It was another gardening extravaganza day today. We put up another raised garden, shoveled and hauled dirt to fill it, stirred and mixed fertilizer in there and got it planted. Mowed the lawn, cleaned out a flower bed (stump removed from there yesterday), came in cleaned the kitchen, cooked supper, cleaned the kitchen again from dinner, and whew! relaxing a bit. Sure hope we get some veggies after all that. I need to go back to work tomorrow so I can rest! LOL - it REALLY feels good to get back outside and get in the dirt with a "real" garden (ya ya- I know a couple 8'x4' beds and a 4'x4' bed aren't big but they are not flower pots like I have been using). I got my Nashua order in with my sampler packs of Syntrax Nectar. I'm excited to try them.
Closed Thread