Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #16  
Started IP 01/31/13

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning. Our farmers market opens today, so after I make my Saturday morning IP waffle, we'll be headed to the market for the first fresh veggies of the season. Plan to at least get fresh rhubarb. Some rhubarb crisp would be great tomorrow.

It is sunny and cool here this morning with a high of 81 expected, a great day for more gardening. Have a great 100% OP day IPeeps!
Old 05-04-2013, 10:06 AM   #17  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticaldreamzz View Post
Congrats twotots!!

I was wondering, not sure if this is a silly question or not but, I'm going for gallbladder surgery at the end of the month and on another forum that I'm on someone who is doing ip said you shouldn't be in ketostis when going for surgery. Is this true, and if so do you know why? It isn't until the 31st so I still have a little more ip time before I'd have to knock myself out, but I'd rather not if I don't have to. Thanks for your help.
I've seen some people post that their surgeon said they couldn't be in ketosis for surgery and others posted their doctor said it was ok. The best thing to do is discuss this with your doctor.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:10 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 184/149/150

Height: 5'7"

Morning all!
Two Tots Congrats!
Fancy- most restaraunts will gladly replace the starch in a meal with extra veggie if you ask. Good luck.
NSV for me at work last night. A guy I've known for long time asked if I've lost weight, I said ya. He said I look great! Later he was telling someone else and she was walking by me and grabbed my pants and said "look at all that space, lookin good girl." Feels so good when people start to notice.
Have a Great OP Day!
Old 05-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #19  
Restart 3/1/15

S/C/G: 307.4/270/200

Height: 5'7

Hope everyone has an OP weekend. The weather is great here today can't wait to get out of work & do some gardening. I'm going to have to try that rhubarb crisp sounds good.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Getting ready though to go to my Neices first Communion this
morning. The church ceremony will be nice. I'll have to ask for
strength during the after party, there will be LOTS of food there,
of course not all good. My husbands family LOVES to eat. I'm going
prepared, making my own salad dressing and got my quest bar ready
in case there isn't anything suitable. I think they grilling chicken so
salad with chicken would be so great! Skip the cake!
Wish me luck!
Hope everyone has a great day! Finally sunny and warm in CT today!

ttyl
D[/QUOTE]

Going with a plan always help me out.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdiet View Post
Safetylady - a day of gardening here also! QUESTION - How in the world did you pull up the shrubs?? That was going to be our project today, but we are foregoing it for something else until we can come up with a better solution. Last weekend we tried simply digging out the shrubs with a shovel and that was a complete and total waste of time. There are so many roots in the ground and it made for some hard labor. I have two rows of overgrown shrubs in flower beds on either side of my front porch.

We hired a neighbor to pull out the shrubs, he had a great tractor and was able to pull them up and replant in the back yard.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana135 View Post
CONGRATS!!!!
What a great feeling to hit 199!!!

What is "mock french toast"?
There is a recipe on Finn Steven's thread. Here's my take on it. I use an alternative omelet mix. I can't find a plain one so I always use a cheese omelet mix. First, I finely grate half a courgette into a bowl. Some people drain the liquid from the grated courgette, I don't and it's fine. Then I add two egg whites, a dash of vanilla essence a pinch of cinnamon, a teaspoon of stevia, half a teaspoon of baking powder and a pinch of salt. Beat the ingredients with a fork. I then add the omelet mix and beat again. I heat a pan with a spray of oil. I pour a third of the mix into the pan, cook on both sides. Repeat. I spray my pan between pancakes. You get three good sized pancakes. Serve with WF pancake syrup. It's a very satisfying meal.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #23  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetylady View Post
We hired a neighbor to pull out the shrubs, he had a great tractor and was able to pull them up and replant in the back yard.
We have done something like that with a nice length chain and the pickup truck (don't jerk the chain, slow and easy). Of course if you are really concerned about no damage to them, you probably would not want to do this. We were not going to replant the shrubs we pulled but they came out well with moist soil.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:15 PM   #24  
Started IP Alts 9/8/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTots View Post
I made it to 199lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRegan View Post
Getting ready though to go to my Neices first Communion this
morning...Wish me luck!
You don't need luck. You've got this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdiet View Post
I have continued to stay off the scale..I had to break my scale habit....
Glad you were able to recognize the damage it was doing to your psyche and able to readjust your mindset. The scale can definitely drive us all crazy!

Quote:
I'm going for gallbladder surgery...someone who is doing ip said you shouldn't be in ketostis when going for surgery. Is this true, and if so do you know why?
Definitely something to check with your surgeon. Different doctors have different protocols.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 155/136.4/130

Height: 5'6"

Good job everyone stayin OP. going to graduation today and then barbque. They r making a brisket and I checked out her seasoning which is 0/0/0. Think I just need to pack some veggies to stay OP. have a great weekend everyone!
Old 05-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 153.8/142/120

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Congrats twotots!!

I was wondering, not sure if this is a silly question or not but, I'm going for gallbladder surgery at the end of the month and on another forum that I'm on someone who is doing ip said you shouldn't be in ketostis when going for surgery. Is this true, and if so do you know why? It isn't until the 31st so I still have a little more ip time before I'd have to knock myself out, but I'd rather not if I don't have to. Thanks for your help.
I fully agree that you need to consult with your surgeon. I had my GB removed 2/2/12 (groundhog day-lots of silly jokes that day). I was not on IP, but I know afterwards, I was on a clear diet for a few days. There is definite discomfort and all kinds of digestive changes while your body adjusts to not having this little organ (not to mention what pain meds do to your body). My doctor said I could eat what I wanted afterwards, but I reviewed a lot of information from other sites that disagreed. Whatever you decide, prep your house to stay home for at least a week. I had a good recovery, but I hired someone to walk my dogs for the first week (weight lifting restrictions). Because the gallbladder plays an important role in the release of bile, your digestion will be changed -at least temporarily. All of this is to say, talk with your coach and your surgeon. Some surgeons do this so often that they're pretty blasé about it. Others are more cautious. Either way, good luck. You'll be feeling better soon.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #27  

Oh my gosh! Had WI today..... down 6 lbs!!!

I got so excited that I came home and started cooking. Blueberry muffins, Rainbow's flatbread, a broccoli pesto and some rotini chicken salad.... I'm all set!

I'm in such a good place right now, I just had to share! Thanks all of you! All of the support and stories have helped me so much!

Last edited by ZOMBIEDAWN; 05-04-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post

I got so excited that I came home and started cooking. Blueberry muffins, Rainbow's flatbread, a broccoli pesto and some rotini chicken salad.... I'm all set!

I'm in such a good place right now, I just had to share! Thanks all of you! All of the support and stories have helped me so much!
Congratulations - you are doing great!!!
Old 05-04-2013, 06:43 PM   #29  

Thank you, safety lady! And great job at reaching your goal!
Old 05-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 133.9/123.3/113

Height: 5'1.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post

WOW! CONGRATS! I forgot..I know you told us already, but what did you do to switch it up and lose 6 pounds in one week???? I had my WI today also. I'm down 1.8. However, according to my home scale I am down 2.6. I think it was the IP pancake I just inhaled and a heavier pair of jeans.
Closed Thread