Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 06:49 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 05-15-2014, 06:57 AM   #2  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Haha! Whoopsie - I tried to post replies in yesterday's thread, just as it was being closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
I say buy as lean as you can enjoy/manage - why eat hidden fat when you can have leaner meat and add yummy stuff like avocado, nuts, mayo, or full fat cheeses and higher fat yogourts.
I buy ground buffalo - which is so lean I usually have to add oil to the pan if I don't get juicy veggies/other liquids in there quick or it sticks & burns, lol. It does make it hard to brown without ruining it. I am not sure what the percentage actually is but due to the nature of the beast - it's pretty darn lean...

Liana

Thanks for your feedback! I'm looking forward to maintenance when I can add back some of those higher-fat goodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I've used both lean and extra lean beef at least once a week and I don't feel it has made a difference. My DH does not like when I go the extra lean route

Thanks! I have been cooking my meals apart from my family's meals, but raising the fat just a bit would probably widen my options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
I think you are safe to go back to the slightly less lean... Especially since you are only eating it once per week. In fact, sometimes when people post their losses are slowing and their menu is almost all chicken and fish, we encourage them to add in a little "fattier" meat once a week or do. Almost always gets things going again! A nice steak or burger can be very satisfying and helpful!

Thank you! I've been happy with my losses, but I'm only one month in... I'd like to keep the scale moving down if I can. I'm glad to know that a bit of extra fat might keep things moving along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
Last time I did IP, I got ground sirloin 93/7 ratio and lost consistently. I needed that bit of fat in the meat and really don't think it made a difference in my weight loss. I'll be using that again.

Thanks! I'm glad to hear from those who have been here before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Since most folks asking questions in the chat are P1, they can't have many of the items listed that are only okay for maintenance.

But, regarding the original question, I say get what you'll eat. We all have different tastes. 95% is probably fine. If you're adding oil to meat, you might as well have the fat IN it, if that is what you like better.

I buy my meats from a local grass fed/finished farm. She only has one grind of ground beef. I've not asked what % fat it is but I managed to lose 90 lbs eating it! I am not at all a fan of ground poultry. I never used it. I have also purchased ground bison & mixed it with other ground meats for meatballs.

Again, I say get what you'll eat. You're going to be on P1 for a long time, like I was. It doesn't have to be all dry meats you don't enjoy. I do a LOT of cooking meat with other vegetables for moisture and flavor. It is essential to find ways to make meals you like, otherwise you'll be looking for excuses.

Although fats are limited on IP, more and more research is showing that "we" got too fat phobic and it has caused more health problems than the actual fat did. During P1, I had days I made sure I only had 1 tsp oil (from the 1-2) because I was eating a fattier meat. Some folks even reported having a good steak once per week HELPED with weight loss, rather than hurting it.
Thanks for your help. I'm absolutely looking at this as a long term thing... I think I'll go back to the slightly higher fat meat once in a while. I think it will make things a bit more bearable in the long run.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:08 AM   #3  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Good morning. Only 4 more days of class left!! Of course I still have 14 days until my last day of work, but 5 of those are weekends and Memorial day! So 4 class days, 9 work days and then FREEDOM! Not only freedom from work but I only have 2 more papers to write for my degree and they will be done around the same time!!! The light at the end of this long tunnel is shining bright!
Old 05-15-2014, 08:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Today is Day 4 of my reboot.

I just had a glass half filled with decaf and half filled with a Syntrax Nectar sample - chocolate truffle. I also added a few cubes of ice and an ounce of skim. It was tasty, but not as thick as I would prefer. I'm trying to get up the nerve to try the spinach shake I've read about here - anyone have any tips/suggestions?

Today will be a good day. I will stay 100% OP because anything less is just cheating myself out of the promise of a healthy body that I don't want to hide with big clothes. I found some older pictures of me from this time last year, and I was horrified as to how big I was. And it wasn't even at my worst.

My worst (and the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back) was in July last year: My son turned six at the end of July, and to celebrate, I met family at our lake house in VA. My son asked me to get in the water with him, and I was not going to deny his wish - he has no idea about my body issues, and I didn't want to disappoint him. I was wearing a bathing suit in a size 16 - the largest size I ever bought or wore. Getting IN the lake was easy. I just climbed DOWN the stairs off the dock. We had a lovely time swimming and playing. When it came time to get out, however, I thought I was going to need someone to litteraly pull me up - I was so fat, I couldn't put my foot on the first step to begin my ascent! I was mortified. I felt the full impact of my weight that day. And that was the day I decided I HAD to lose weight. Now, mind you, I was supposed to lose weight due to a physical condition that could cause me to lose my eyesight if I didn't slim down, but I was "too busy" to deal with the complications of a diet (my prior experience being WW). But, that day at the lake, feeling like I belonged in a New Yorker magazine cartoon, THAT was my tipping point.

I'm not sure why I was compelled to share that this morning, but my apologies if this was the wrong place to share it.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:11 AM   #5  
Started IP 5/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Good morning. Only 4 more days of class left!! Of course I still have 14 days until my last day of work, but 5 of those are weekends and Memorial day! So 4 class days, 9 work days and then FREEDOM! Not only freedom from work but I only have 2 more papers to write for my degree and they will be done around the same time!!! The light at the end of this long tunnel is shining bright!
Looks like you will be celebrating soon.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:15 AM   #6  
Started IP 5/6/12

Before starting IP I drank a lot of diet coke, like 2 to 3 large fountain ones a day. I am surprised that after a week and a half on IP I am not missing the diet coke. Although I do miss a glass of wine in the evening
Old 05-15-2014, 08:38 AM   #7  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr1973 View Post

Today will be a good day. I will stay 100% OP because anything less is just cheating myself out of the promise of a healthy body that I don't want to hide with big clothes. I found some older pictures of me from this time last year, and I was horrified as to how big I was. And it wasn't even at my worst.

My worst (and the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back) was in July last year:... But, that day at the lake, feeling like I belonged in a New Yorker magazine cartoon, THAT was my tipping point.

I'm not sure why I was compelled to share that this morning, but my apologies if this was the wrong place to share it.
This is exactly the right place to share that story. It's so hard to face up to the fact that our weight is out of control and when we do it is just gut wrenching sometimes. Good for you for taking charge and being determined to do something about it!

I know that for many years I just avoided really looking at myself or at pictures of me. You know the "I don't look that bad... the camera angle was wrong." Like there is a good camera angle when you are very short and very fat. I think recognizing the issue, deciding to do something about it and then actually doing it is the hardest part of losing weight. Once your brain is in the "I will do this" place, the rest kind of falls in place (not that it's always easy!).
Old 05-15-2014, 09:01 AM   #8  

Good Morning All
I had my 4th weigh in yesterday and lost 0 lbs but I did lose 3 inches. I have read on here that this sometimes happens in the 4 or 5 weeks. I did add restricted bars last week, they were really good so I had one every night. Not sure if this had anything to do with not losing any weight. I am not going to have any restricted foods this week to see if they higher carbs are a problem for me. I did lose 3 inches so I know this is working!!
Old 05-15-2014, 09:16 AM   #9  
Reboot May 29, 2017

S/C/G: 250/250/180

Height: 5.4

Good Morning!
My scale tells me I lost again this morning, but I'm having a WI and speaking to my coach this afternoon!!! Wish me luck.
My question to you would be, where can I find the FAQ on alternative products? I've searched but...
Thank you in advance.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:46 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Right place

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr1973 View Post

I found some older pictures of me from this time last year, and I was horrified as to how big I was. And it wasn't even at my worst.

My worst (and the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back) was in July last year: My son turned six at the end of July, and to celebrate, I met family at our lake house in VA. My son asked me to get in the water with him, and I was not going to deny his wish - he has no idea about my body issues, and I didn't want to disappoint him. I was wearing a bathing suit in a size 16 - the largest size I ever bought or wore. Getting IN the lake was easy. I just climbed DOWN the stairs off the dock. We had a lovely time swimming and playing. When it came time to get out, however, I thought I was going to need someone to litteraly pull me up - I was so fat, I couldn't put my foot on the first step to begin my ascent! I was mortified. I felt the full impact of my weight that day. And that was the day I decided I HAD to lose weight. Now, mind you, I was supposed to lose weight due to a physical condition that could cause me to lose my eyesight if I didn't slim down, but I was "too busy" to deal with the complications of a diet (my prior experience being WW). But, that day at the lake, feeling like I belonged in a New Yorker magazine cartoon, THAT was my tipping point.

zephyr- Ruth Ann is correct about it being OK to share. It is important to have a safe place to work through this entire journey. Getting to understand HOW we got to our highest weight may help us avoid the round trip back.

The denial of size was a huge thing for me as well. I was waaaay up there weight-wise and was clueless. I knew the number but my brain never properly translated that into a true picture of how I looked, how big that really was.

I saw a picture of myself at a family gathering after my mother's death and I was stunned. My face was big and round and red and I looked as if I could play lineback for a pro football team. There was nothing attractive or cute or healthy about it. I try to keep that picture in the forefront of my mind so that I never go back there.

Last edited by schenectady; 05-15-2014 at 09:48 AM.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:41 AM   #11  
Started IP 5/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaeNae2113 View Post
Good Morning All
I had my 4th weigh in yesterday and lost 0 lbs but I did lose 3 inches. I have read on here that this sometimes happens in the 4 or 5 weeks. I did add restricted bars last week, they were really good so I had one every night. Not sure if this had anything to do with not losing any weight. I am not going to have any restricted foods this week to see if they higher carbs are a problem for me. I did lose 3 inches so I know this is working!!
3 inches is great!!
Old 05-15-2014, 10:52 AM   #12  
Reboot May 29, 2017

I've recently returned to the board!
Why is my S/C/G weight different from my ticker weight? What did I do wrong???
Old 05-15-2014, 11:21 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 230/230/150

Default Day 5 and in the Hospital

Yesterday at work i started to feel the worst back pain heart birn and pains in my stomach.. i went to the ER after work it was that bad. So I have a abscess infection in my small intestine that luckily they wont have to do surgery which on sicker less healthy people they would. So they will pumping me with antibiotics to treat it... They are going to keep me a couple days to treat and monitor. :/ no food or water everything will be though IV blahhhh... Luckily they do not connect it to my new ideal protein diet. Down side is I may miss my 1st weigh in on Saturday . On my scale at home yesterday I was down 4 so at least I WAS on the right path..

Old 05-15-2014, 11:24 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

I know cheese is not allowed in P1, but I was wondering how no cheese was explained to those with coaches? I have read that it is a keto friendly food, is it the fat content?

Thank you!
Old 05-15-2014, 11:44 AM   #15  
Reboot May 29, 2017

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat360 View Post
Yesterday at work i started to feel the worst back pain heart birn and pains in my stomach.. i went to the ER after work it was that bad. So I have a abscess infection in my small intestine that luckily they wont have to do surgery which on sicker less healthy people they would. So they will pumping me with antibiotics to treat it... They are going to keep me a couple days to treat and monitor. :/ no food or water everything will be though IV blahhhh... Luckily they do not connect it to my new ideal protein diet. Down side is I may miss my 1st weigh in on Saturday . On my scale at home yesterday I was down 4 so at least I WAS on the right path..

Wow! Good luck
Closed Thread