3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Now that I'm thinner..... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/280824-now-im-thinner.html)

Underwater 05-03-2013 12:18 AM

Now that I'm thinner, I started to shop for a dress to wear to a wedding. 2 weeks later I was the proud owner of 7 new dresses!

(I did return 5 of them...)

canic 05-03-2013 02:15 AM

Now that I'm thinner, I was able to climb a tree to help my son's friend get down. Much easier to hoist myself up without the extra pounds.

Happymomof2 05-03-2013 08:24 AM

Now that I am thinner I can cross my legs.
Now that I am thinner I can keep up with my toddler.
Now that I am thinner I look forward to family gatherings rather than dreading them.
Now that I am thinner I have nothing to wear and I can't wait to go clothes shopping - something else I use to dread.
Now that I am thinner I don't mind having pictures taken. Our photo albums will finally have pictures with me in them.

animallover 05-03-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joysh (Post 4727089)
Here's a fun idea that I just got from reading Halfagain's post on the 100% thread. She wrote "Now that I'm thinner my feet look bigger."

Others have written: "Now that I'm thinner people ask me if I got a haircut."

I would write:
"Now that I'm thinner the seat of my car is much harder."

Can you complete the sentence?

What a fun thread!
Now that I'm thinner:
... my feet don't hurt as much after working a 10 hour shift.
... people look me in the eye; I don't feel invisible any more.
... it takes longer to get dressed because I care more about how I look.
... there are still many people who ask me if I've gotten my hair cut ;)

SylviesGirl 05-03-2013 08:54 AM

Can I just say this is the most inspirational thing I've read in a long time. Thanks so much, "thinner people" . . . and please keep them coming!

blessedamberly 05-03-2013 09:06 AM

Now that I'm thinner-
I feel like I "go with" my 155lb husband
I can play with my kids and not get worn out
I love love love shopping
I am not ashamed to be out and about because I don't feel like I am getting judged
I know people look at me much differently
I enjoyed a very blunt conversation about my weight loss with my dr.
I am HAPPY!

65X65 05-03-2013 09:45 AM

Ditto for all that was already said...
Personally...Today:
*Can cross my legs COMFORTABLY
*Knees don't hurt
* I think I move faster
*Happy thinking about the fact this is a lifestyle change and not concerned about what I won't be having again anytime soon...
*Excited about my new wardrobe
*REALLY excited about a formal wedding we are attending in Birmingham in 3 weeks...my gown is awesome and it is being altered to fit me JUST right..
*Enjoying this ride.....it's a worthwhile journey!

ZOMBIEDAWN 05-03-2013 10:47 AM

As I've lost weight, my tattoos have too. They look so much nicer on slimmer arms!

This might seem a little too sad, but I don't dread getting up in the morning anymore. On the contrary, I'm excited to grab my cup of coffee and sit in my sunroom and contemplate my day.

I can cross my arms across my chest. Unlike others, I'm glad to see the girls go! :D (You shouldn't have to wear a bra to bed! )

isaiahsmommy21 05-03-2013 11:55 AM

I have 79 pounds more to go, Sunday will be 1 month OP! But I already know what mine would be..... and I cant wait to say it!

"Day Dreaming Moment" Now that I am thinner.... My 2 year old can sit on my lap and not my knees

amberjules 05-03-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN (Post 4728832)
As I've lost weight, my tattoos have too. They look so much nicer on slimmer arms!

This might seem a little too sad, but I don't dread getting up in the morning anymore. On the contrary, I'm excited to grab my cup of coffee and sit in my sunroom and contemplate my day.

I can cross my arms across my chest. Unlike others, I'm glad to see the girls go! :D (You shouldn't have to wear a bra to bed! )

Nice about the tats! From what I hear that's always a concern when you lose or gain weight. I saw a lady on another website one time who had lost over 100 lbs and she had tats on her arms, back and chest. When she lost weight her tats still looked really nice, in fact the color was more vibrant.

As for the girls....so glad to hear you don't have to wear a bra to bed anymore. :D

I didn't have much to start with so I didn't really want to lose mine. :(

learning to fly 05-03-2013 12:38 PM

Congratulations to all of you!!!

This was a wonderful thread to read! So much success, some touching, some funny, but all exciting. I am excited to get there, but have much more to lose before I can start reporting....

A comment though: all of you feeling so cold, should you check your thyroid maybe? I know that lack of insulation does make us feel colder for sure, but just thought I should say it.....

Skinnyjeangirl 05-03-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN (Post 4728832)

My Tattoos have moved down the body... but it's in a spot that know one will know.. and I can cross my legs. I did a virtual model and did my begining weight and now.. I was a chubby bunny! love this site!:encore:

Kiera5353 05-03-2013 02:46 PM

I can sit on my hubby's lap without worrying that I am crushing him! No more "flowing" skirts, but back to tailored suits and pumps. The "real me" is back!!

Lulu64 05-03-2013 03:33 PM

Now that I'm thinner my bucket fits in the bucket seats of my jeep. YAHOO!!!

newday2013 05-03-2013 05:22 PM

People are complimenting me: did you do something different with your hair? That shirt looks good on you! LOL!!!