3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Wednesday 5/1/2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/280753-ip-daily-chat-wednesday-5-1-2013-a.html)

lisa32989 05-01-2013 05:15 AM

IP Daily Chat Wednesday 5/1/2013

:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

Mother of the Groom 05-01-2013 05:58 AM

Good morning everyone.
My timetable has been so mixed up this week. Grabbing a couple hours of sleep whenever I can so my meal times have been random at best. I am having trouble trying to fit everything in (ex last night missed my snack, day before missed 2 cups veg etc)
I'm hoping it won't mess with my system too much but it looks like the next couple of weeks are going to be hectic to say the least. Finally came up with a game plan using my soup packs and all 4 cups vegs and protein to make a daily soup. I had some time yesterday so made 4 batches ahead.
Trying my best to stay 100%.
Have a great day everyone!

Jen02719 05-01-2013 06:35 AM

Good morning. Happy May Day. I finally lost some weight after a 2 week stall! Yeah!!! And it's mt TOM.... Which means even more weight in about a week! Almost to phase 2, :)

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-le...0/22/13.8/.png

Donna Gel 05-01-2013 09:21 AM

This was my first target dress, I shrunk out of it in less than a month. Taken Feb 20, 2012
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps16d4b4a7.jpg

My dress for opening day, April 29, 2013
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps81df0ba9.jpg

ragdoll74 05-01-2013 09:29 AM

Donna you look great. Look at those long skinny legs!

Spiritman 05-01-2013 09:41 AM

Morning all, Donna Gel what a dramatic difference, well done.

Today is my birthday and was hoping/wanting to have met my mini goal of breaking the 300 pound mark. Alas, it wasn't meant to be. My weigh in this morning registered nothing lost. But I expected that - this wasn't my "losing week", DW and I have been taking the dog to the dog park so we have been walking more and I have discovered that my guts do not like the white cheese curl snack things nor does it enjoy Dijon mustard. Boy bad things were happening down below. Let's just leave it at that.

But you know what? Big deal. I've gotten several well wishes from friends and family this morning, the sun is out, it's not snowing for once, and the day is pretty darn fine.

Also want to send out birthday wishes to Ruti - who I do believe is another May Day baby.

Have a good day all.

FancySchmancy 05-01-2013 09:43 AM

Good morning! Hope everyone has a great day.
Donna, You look great. Definitely an inspiration.

Question: What about exercise? I am only in week 2 and didn't exercise at all last week. Prior to starting I was walking about 3 miles a day, nothing strenuous, but enough to break a sweat. My coach didn't really give me a straight answer about whether or not I could start up again. I'm just concerned that if I don't do at least a little I will be so far behind by the time I lose the weight. Any thoughts? Experience?

FancySchmancy 05-01-2013 09:46 AM

Spiritman Happy Birthday!

ragdoll74 05-01-2013 10:02 AM

Happy Birthday Spiritman!

FancySchmancy Best thing to do is wait until you can talk to your coach about it. I believe you aren't supposed to do anything that elevates your heart rate. If you are going to excercise, you should be adding an extra non-restricted before or after.

workingit50 05-01-2013 10:09 AM

Happy Birthday Spiritman, Donna you look wonderful!

I am still struggling with a cold since last Thursday and feel yucky. Hoping to avoid antibiotics for a sinus infection. Lack of wheat, dairy, etc is in my favor on this.

Did not WI in this week, first skipped week but it is good because I have alt. products and I am having to be sneaky so they don't ask about what I am eating. If they do I will be honest.

Although, I have been trying alts I still like my IP mainstays the best like Choc Drink Powder, Chicken soup...

Have a great OP day!

fighterchic 05-01-2013 10:52 AM

good day all!! Donna you look Great!! keeps me motivated for the week since i did not loose what i thought i would for my weigh in yesterday.
Spiritman Happy Birthday!!
Hopefully I'll be down either a size or 7lbs in the next two weeks before my bday as well.
workingit50 i do hope you get better. noting worse then a si

claustin 05-01-2013 11:03 AM

Happy birthday spiritman! Love your attitude!

You look amazing Donna! Way to go!

I have started spring cleaning yesterday in hopes of coaxing spring to show up since we woke up to a snow storm! I am so over this winter!! Anyway, it does make the warm chocolate drink that much more enjoyable :)

Enjoy your OP day!

TooManyMaggies 05-01-2013 11:14 AM

Wow Donna, you're a great inspiration! Way to go!

Day 4, and I'm loving IP way more that I did that first day. By the time I went to bed after getting sick I really wasn't sure this was the diet for me!

But I'm feeling great and I already look thinner because I'm so much less bloated than I was from just a week ago. I'm enjoying the food a lot more, falling in love with veggies again, and although my workouts are toned down, I'm not feeling weak when I exercise.

Things are looking up and up!

scorbett1103 05-01-2013 11:19 AM

Haven't been around too much lately, life has been busy and now that the weather's nice we're getting outside a lot more :) It's great to be able to keep up with the kids now! Maintenance is going great, had my first doc's appointment since losing all the weight and I swear my doc almost hugged me when he walked into the room!

Happy birthday Spiritman!

Donna, you look amazing! I love the dress on you :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by FancySchmancy (Post 4726042)
Question: What about exercise? I am only in week 2 and didn't exercise at all last week. Prior to starting I was walking about 3 miles a day, nothing strenuous, but enough to break a sweat. My coach didn't really give me a straight answer about whether or not I could start up again. I'm just concerned that if I don't do at least a little I will be so far behind by the time I lose the weight. Any thoughts? Experience?

Here's the thing you have to remember when it comes to exercise and IP - your calorie intake is super low, not enough to fuel muscle recovery with any level of exercise. The chemistry of IP (ketogenesis) is not the same as more conventional, more nutritionally balanced diets, you no longer have glycogen stores to draw on. Once your body gets used to ketosis (about 3-4 weeks in), you can consider adding back light exercise. Because you were active before, you should be ok. But a few things to remember:

- ALWAYS add an extra packet within 1/2 hour of finishing any exercise. You need to replace the calories you burned.

- Exercise will not make the scale move faster - for most people, the opposite is true, your losses may be lower than before. For many, this is a fair trade-off because they love to exercise. You will have to decide whether slower losses are worth it, and go from there.

ZOMBIEDAWN 05-01-2013 11:23 AM

:s: Whistles... Woo hoo, Donna! Lookin' dang good!!!

Happy B-day, Spiritman! :bday2: