Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #16  
Started IP on 4/29/13

S/C/G: 230/230/135

Height: 5' 2"

Happy B-day Spiritman!

I'm on day 3 and I have to say I feel much better. I went to bed super early last night and slept right through to my alarm. I don't feel tired or queasy today either so that is great! I really think I can stick to this!
I don't have a buddy to do this with and my family eats healthly, but kids will be kids and snack. I am also doing it on my own, no coach or clinic.
Is anyone else going solo? Would love to have someone to compare notes with!
Old 05-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 217/173/132

Height: 5'5"

Love your dress, Donna! You look fantastic! Great job!

Great week for me - hosting company, passing on temptations with ease Lost 4 lbs and 2 more inches! Woo hoo! I'm on my weigh...
Old 05-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #18  
Started IP on 4/29/13

I also have a weird scale question. For some reason, I have 3 scales. No idea why. I weight differently on every scale though! I am thinking about tossing them all and just getting a new one. Any suggestions on a reliable one?
Old 05-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #19  
Started IP on 4/29/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Starter View Post
Love your dress, Donna! You look fantastic! Great job!

Great week for me - hosting company, passing on temptations with ease Lost 4 lbs and 2 more inches! Woo hoo! I'm on my weigh...
Great job on your loss!
Old 05-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #20  
Started IP on 4/26/13

S/C/G: 224/205.8/160

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithgogsMA View Post
Happy B-day Spiritman!

I'm on day 3 and I have to say I feel much better. I went to bed super early last night and slept right through to my alarm. I don't feel tired or queasy today either so that is great! I really think I can stick to this!
I don't have a buddy to do this with and my family eats healthly, but kids will be kids and snack. I am also doing it on my own, no coach or clinic.
FaithgogsMA, I'm in the same boat (less the kids and family :P). But I don't have anyone helping me out, and if anything, I have friends that like fast food too much and want to see me eating burgers with them. DX

Stay strong, as long as we can rely on ourselves, that's all we need.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #21  
Started IP on 4/29/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyMaggies View Post
FaithgogsMA, I'm in the same boat (less the kids and family :P). But I don't have anyone helping me out, and if anything, I have friends that like fast food too much and want to see me eating burgers with them. DX

Stay strong, as long as we can rely on ourselves, that's all we need.

When did you start? And I hear you about the food pressure! We can do this, just have to stick with it.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #22  
Started IP on 4/26/13

I started just this past Sunday.

You and I are almost identical in this, except I'm taller. :P

Are you using IP products or alternative products?
Old 05-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #23  
Started IP on 4/29/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyMaggies View Post
I started just this past Sunday.

You and I are almost identical in this, except I'm taller. :P

Are you using IP products or alternative products?

I'm using a combination but with my alternatives, I am being very careful that they are almost similar. I sneeked a peek on the scale this morning and was down 5 lbs. already. Crazy!

How about you?

My typical day is a bar in the morning, packet for lunch like a soup, maybe a slice of turkey, and for dinner a meat and veggies with cauliflower rice. Water and tea.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:54 AM   #24  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Happy B-day Spiritman!

There are a lot of us who have "gone rogue" and are doing this without the safety net of a coach/clinic! This forum is an invaluable resource for information and advice. I am now 2 months into maintenance, I started switching to alternative products in my 8th week, and "broke up" with my coach after week 10. I did it completely on my own (with the help of the awesome folks here) for the next 19 weeks. You can do it!
Old 05-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 160/130/135

Height: 5'1

Happy Birthday Spiritman!!

Donna, you look awesome!!!

Have a great day everyone
Old 05-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #26  
Started IP on 4/29/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
There are a lot of us who have "gone rogue" and are doing this without the safety net of a coach/clinic! This forum is an invaluable resource for information and advice. I am now 2 months into maintenance, I started switching to alternative products in my 8th week, and "broke up" with my coach after week 10. I did it completely on my own (with the help of the awesome folks here) for the next 19 weeks. You can do it!
Thanks Scorbett!
Old 05-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 184/149/150

Height: 5'7"

Congrats Donna!
WI today down 2.4 lbs. finally in the160's!! Woot woot!
Happy Birthday Spiritman!
Have a Great day all!
Old 05-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #28  
Started IP on 4/26/13

Quote:
I'm using a combination but with my alternatives, I am being very careful that they are almost similar. I sneeked a peek on the scale this morning and was down 5 lbs. already. Crazy!

How about you?

My typical day is a bar in the morning, packet for lunch like a soup, maybe a slice of turkey, and for dinner a meat and veggies with cauliflower rice. Water and tea.

I totally peeked at the scale too this morning. Down 4 pounds, but waiting for Monday morning until I consider it a true loss. :P

I'm doing it completely on alternatives.

Smoothie packet in the morning, lunch is looking like a salad with chicken and pico de gallo or cucumber (I need energy so I can handle an evening workout every day), pudding packet snack, post workout Atkins shake (which is off plan, but I'm sticking to them until I can find a palatable and affordable alternative), and packet with veggies for dinner.

Are you getting in your afternoon veggies? they're my favorite part of this plan. I'm all about the veggie noms.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #29  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Down 3 more this week, yipppeeee! This diet is wonderful. I am getting my life back.

Donna -- Wowza! You look fantastic! Congrats!

I'm doing this all on my own, too, and have this forum to thank.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:19 PM   #30  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Happy Birthday Spiritman, lets forget about the missed mini goal and instead celebrate all you have accomplished to regain your health! Also you know, not a lot of men I know at least have soooo many adoring friends supporting you in all your endeavors to fulfill your goals *winks* I truly hope the coming year sees you meeting all your goals both mini and huge so that you and your Darling Wife have a long and happy life together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancySchmancy View Post
Question: What about exercise? I am only in week 2 and didn't exercise at all last week. Prior to starting I was walking about 3 miles a day, nothing strenuous, but enough to break a sweat. My coach didn't really give me a straight answer about whether or not I could start up again. I'm just concerned that if I don't do at least a little I will be so far behind by the time I lose the weight. Any thoughts? Experience?
I tried adding exercise back in, but at the time I was told it was causing me to lose lean muscle. That scared me (although I talked to my coach, she expressly told me not to add an extra packet, I believe this to have been really wrong advice now,) also my WI's also went way low (less than a pound a week.) For me with so much to lose and hoping to get to a healthy weight by the time I have to do my company's mandatory (ish) health scan, I have chosen to stop exercising altogether (My second job is working at the local Curves and all I get 'paid' is my gym membership which I can not use, it's feeling a little like torture for now.) This will have to be a personal choice based on how exercise makes you feel and if you can handle slower losses.

Quote:
I didn't start solo, but I did have to part ways with my coach and do it sort of alone now. I mean honestly I get better advice from all the Ladies here and I have my best friend who calls me from England every week just so I have to be accountable and have a weekly weigh in with someone. I would be more than happy to compare notes or just talk about what's going on.

Quote:
I also have a weird scale question. For some reason, I have 3 scales. No idea why. I weight differently on every scale though! I am thinking about tossing them all and just getting a new one. Any suggestions on a reliable one?
Oh my, again with lots of scales lol. I say this to lots of people, normally in my real life. EVERY scale will give you a different answer. It's totally possible that at least one of those is right. Tell you what to do, check to see if they will all weigh something like a five pound bag of flour as such. (or alternatively a gallon of water weighs eight pounds) If they are all way off and you can not re calibrate them, then sure get rid of them all, but if there is one that is right, keep that one. If they are all really close then keep the one you like the most and take the other two to a thrift store and donate them. If your just set on buying something new, remember the new digital ones that measure body fat % and water levels, well they are not perfect and have a margin of error, meaning they will fluctuate and you should use those numbers as a guide to the general trend you are in. Meaning don't let the fluctuations drive you crazy.
Some of you may have noticed yesterday that the mention of snow in my forecast had me a bit gloomy, well those weathermen were not wrong, woke up to just under a foot of snow on the ground after it being near 80 on Monday! Compared to today, yesterday I was positively a Pollyanna, lol. Great timing on going back to work, I will find a bright side, just give me a moment.

Last edited by MntRose; 05-01-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Closed Thread