Old 04-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 184/154/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Recommittment

Hello! I have been on the IP diet since January and have made progress, down 25 lbs, this week I will probably be in the normal range for fat%, converted lots of fat to muscle, lost 19 inches...I have been mostly doing little cheats on the weekend, a bite of my son's leftovers, a little cheese on my salads, and I hardly ever pass up a warm home made cookie on Wednesdays when my company's HR department brings them in. I had sinus surgery last weekend and my neighbor brought over home made tortillas and other wonderful mexican food, and I couldn't turn that away. So now, I am ready to recommit so I am not on this diet for the rest of my life. I'd love to get your ideas about how to train my brain. Interestingly, one of my favorite bloggers had a post this morning about "Are you an abstainer or a moderator"...I guess I need to be an abstainer, because moderation is not helping!
heatherglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:57 PM   #2  

I did Phase 1 of IP for nearly two months and never cheated largely because I was terrified of the cost and potentially not losing. However, in the past I have been known to be a cheater. I think an approach that always works for me is to let people know your intentions and goals (partner, friends, family, etc.) and ask them to hold you accountable or encourage you to remain on track when you feel like cheating. If you share and ask others for their help on your journey I have found that you often get more support and encouragement. I would also reccomend journaling or posting on here regularly...I cannot tell you how many days I was ready to throw in the towel (and open the fridge) until I came on here and processed. HUGE SUPPORT!
Another thing to consider is rewards like a massage, shopping, a vacation, etc. Remember, this diet is relatively short term (although lifestyles have to be modified) and that food is not going away. Once you get to goal, it will be nice to enjoy your favorite dish knowing that you not only have "earned" a good meal, but that you have mastered food...you eat when you want, not when something or someone else is telling you to. Good luck to you. You can do it!
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 184/154/130

Height: 5'2"

Thank you for your reply! Great ideas!
heatherglen is offline   Reply With Quote