Old 04-28-2013, 08:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 194/172/148

Height: 5'6

Default Are red and yellow peppers ok (P1)? Stevia in the raw ok?

I did IP last year using both of these and lost 52 pounds. I did a restart this year and am down to losing my last 10. My coach said these are not allowed. I checked my sheet and didn't see them as restrictions but my stuff is old. Is this new? whats the reason?

The carb count between red, yellow and green is about a difference of 2g. But even the red is around similar count to some veggies permitted?

Stevia is raw is less that .5g per teaspoon- which I believe is lower than splenda?

Thanks for advice and help!
twolabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

I was told a couple weeks ago that there are changes to phase I including red/yellow/orange peppers being restricted. I've done really well in 20 weeks of P1, so I don't plan on changing anything at this time, unless I run into problems. I quite enjoy my colourful peppers, sometimes in a stir fry to add colour and appeal. However, if I was starting, maybe I wouldn't include them since it would be the guidelines from the beginning.

I use Stevia once in a while, and as far as I know, it's ok. Once in a while, I use things that are 0/0/0 that have a variety of artificial sweeteners, but never often, so haven't worried about it too much. I figure having a piece of gum with the less than ideal sweetener to curb a sweet craving (especially after dinner) is better than going off plan.
1LittleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

All colored peppers are allowed now.

I also use Stevia in the Raw as my sweetener of choice in my morning coffee.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:18 AM   #4  

The latest protocol sheet from 2013 still has bell peppers as fine (not restricted). Stevia is also fine. No aspartame, but stevia and splenda are fine. I sometimes combine them for better flavor. I also use the liquid splenda which has no carbs.
goldilocksinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:22 AM   #5  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

I believe Lisa uploaded all of the newest protocol sheets in the Newbie sticky thread at the top of the forum, they are on the last page.

ALL bell peppers are allowed as regular (not restricted) veggies.

The newest sheet does NOT include the 0 carb/0 sugar/0 fat rule for "extras" (the sheet says if it's not on the sheet, it's not allowed at all) , though the clinics seem to be allowing Walden Farms products - it's a bit contradictory, so with Stevia or ANY extras I would say use discretion. Keep your servings per day as low as you can (as even things labeled 0 carb have partial carbs, and those can add up quickly), and watch your body. If it seems to be affecting your weight loss, try a week or two without the extras and see if it helps.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #6  

My clinic sells Walden Farm products, so I imagine they won't be complying with that directive.
goldilocksinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #7  
PCOS. Started IP 3/8/13

S/C/G: 285/247.1/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
My clinic sells Walden Farm products, so I imagine they won't be complying with that directive.
I hear you on that.

I'm still getting the free trial videos from Ideal Protein and the last one was all about 0/0/0 foods and WF products.

I love that I discovered the IP protocol in that it's worked when no other diet has helped me (having PCOS), but Ideal Protein is just like any other business trying to make their buck. Good luck IP, in trying to convert me to a $10/month video subscriber! haha.
rubygirl05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:45 PM   #8  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygirl05 View Post
I'm still getting the free trial videos from Ideal Protein and the last one was all about 0/0/0 foods and WF products.
free trial? as in at some point you will have to pay? My clinic isn't signed up for the videos so the first I have heard of them was here on the forums. I have just always been interested in knowing more about them and I feel there are more out there that has not gotten put on that thread. Just my curiosity. Thanks
MntRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:08 PM   #9  
PCOS. Started IP 3/8/13

S/C/G: 285/247.1/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
free trial? as in at some point you will have to pay? My clinic isn't signed up for the videos so the first I have heard of them was here on the forums. I have just always been interested in knowing more about them and I feel there are more out there that has not gotten put on that thread. Just my curiosity. Thanks

Yes. About 2-3 weeks ago, my Dr told me there were IP videos. They arrive via email (with a link to the video). He gave the 2 free weeks, with the hope I'm sure that I continue. To be honest, I've only watched 1-2. I think there is a link on this forum to some of the videos, if you want to see what they're all about.

Edited to Add Master Video Thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...er-thread.html

There's no way I'd pay additional money for the videos, but that's based only on my personal situation. I have been trying lose weight (in a healthy manner) for 10 years and nothing was successful due to my having PCOS. Prior to IP, I was already eating low carb (although not as low carb as IP), eating 1400 calories a day, exercising, but not losing any weight. I felt that I probably already knew a lot of the information that would be covered in the videos, but even if not, I wasn't willing to tack on another $10/mth for an already expensive program.

Last edited by rubygirl05; 04-28-2013 at 08:11 PM.
rubygirl05 is offline   Reply With Quote