Old 04-28-2013, 10:15 AM   #16  

S/C/G: SW 180/CW 172/GW 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangimel View Post
Hi Everyone!
This is my 1st post, I began ideal protein 4 days ago and I am so tired, feel yukky and am really hoping this subsides real soon. I usually am a very energetic person but not now! I need some words of encouragement!! My coach keeps telling me this is my body going into ketosis and I will rebound soon, but how soon? I see so much success on this diet so quitting isn't an option. I guess I never realized how many carbs I really consumed. Please, some words of encouragement are needed!!!! Thanks
Hello! I started on Tuesday and by yesterday I finally felt ok. The first few days I had a hideous headache by the evening and just had to go to bed. Friday evening wasn't too bad and last night nothing! I've also made it 2/3 of the way through the weekend without cheating. Quite an accomplishment for me. Today will be the real test though. We have a big "family" dinner every Sunday with our neighbors. I've got a plan and hopefully will make it through. I weigh in tomorrow, so we'll see.
FancySchmancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #17  

S/C/G: Goal weight 167/tickler/127

Height: 4' 10 1/2"

Hi everyone. I am having a hard time figuring this out but any how - congrats to you on your first week. I am excited to have my first weigh in on Monday. I must say, the first few days were very difficult for me so sick with headaches. Happy to report as of Thursday the headaches subsided. I have a great coach who called me every day to check up on me until my headaches went away! Best of luck to all here!
Charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #18  

S/C/G: Goal weight 167/tickler/127

Height: 4' 10 1/2"

I agree, my first 4 days were so hard because I felt so terrible. I stuck it out and after Thursday I am feeling so good - this is just what i need to keep myself motivated. I can really feel the difference. Weigh in is Monday at 11:00 AM. Looking forward to it.
Charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 212/212/170

Height: 5'9"

Welcome and good luck to all the newbies! I'm also on of the new members--on day 6 today. I had my first WI yesterday bc of scheduling and only lost 3.5 lbs, which was a little less than expected, but maybe that's good for day 5.

I had awful headaches on days 3-4, but they went away yesterday. So, I'm sticking with it and hoping I can pull some even stronger numbers at my WI next week. The support, advice, and encouragement of everyone on this forum has been very much appreciated so far.
ClaireBear514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #20  
To be fit and FLY....

Height: 5'6"

Welcome!!!!....I am just ending my 2nd week on IP Alternative, the headaches that first week..UGH..I never want to go through that again. So far so good, and my husband is on it too, so that is much more helpful to me.
Summerblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:48 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 297.7/288.4/200

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky536 View Post
Hi Everyone!

I am a new member as well. So a little about myself, I live in Baltimore, MD. I am a mom of two girls and a step mom to 2 boys. I was always on the smaller side, but for the past couple of years I started putting on weight and was not able to get it back down. I think it was from an IUD that had my hormones all crazy, but couldn't prove it. I hated what I looked like and got so used to just wearing over sized sweatshirts to hide it. My honey, bless him, keeps telling me I was fine the way I was, and that he loves me no matter what, but I was not happy with myself. He thinks I am crazy for doing this diet, so he hasn't been the best support, but I'm sure he will love the results. My 2 girls are very proud of me for sticking with it and losing weight so far so that's great.

I love reading everyone's posts and finding so much information and motivation on here it is helping me out a lot. I started this diet a month ago tomorrow, and have lost 17 pounds so far. Some days it feels like a lot, others not so much. I am doing this diet on my own because someone at work had lost so much weight on it and told me how to do it cheap using only alternatives. So every time I would Google something about the diet I kept coming back to this site. It is so great to have all of this info available. I look forward to getting to know all of you!
Welcome! I am finishing my 2nd week on IP alternatives too. I know several people at work who have successfully used the program, but I could not afford it so reading through this forum gaves me the tools to try it with alternatives and it's working-8 lbs my first week. I have been overweight most of my life and have come to the point where I just don't like how I feel and look and I am expecting my first grandchild in July. I want to be able to play with her and watch her grow up. After trying MANY diets over the years I am surprised how I am feeling on this diet. The first few days were rough, but know I have no cravings and I feel so much better than I have in years.

Last edited by mcn1254; 05-04-2013 at 06:49 PM.
mcn1254 is offline   Reply With Quote